IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I need help getting clearbra off

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09 | 11:24 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
i think it all has to do with what type of film you have put on. the first clearbra i had turned to crap after about 3 months...so i had it removed and had a different installer/different film put on and it still looks flawless 9 months later (and thats through rain wind salt snow and ice). its just as glossy as the paint that isnt bra'd is because of the thick clearcoat the film has on it.
haha...popping out for a post huh cathy? lol...
Old 04-09-09 | 11:43 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
haha...popping out for a post huh cathy? lol...

haha.. gotta make a post every now and then

are you going to grand prix philip? if so, i will see you there
Old 04-09-09 | 12:18 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

i think it all has to do with what type of film you have put on. the first clearbra i had turned to crap after about 3 months...so i had it removed and had a different installer/different film put on and it still looks flawless 9 months later (and thats through rain wind salt snow ice AND driving cross country). its just as glossy as the paint that isnt bra'd is because of the thick clearcoat the film has on it.
Hey Cath is your installer located in NY? IF so can you pm me the info. TY in advance.
Old 04-09-09 | 11:35 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Default ny clearbra

hey crazyee201, i already contacted the same guy cathy and another member used, it's lorenzo ny tint .com or something like that in the bronx. the guy seems very nice, professional, and knowledgeable, but charges $1700 for full protection and $350 for tint.

i checked another guy in queens i found off ventureshield's authorized dealers, they charged around $600 for the clearbra set (3m or VS) and about $180 for tint. but it's out in the ghetto and it's such a dilemma driving, you wanna drive fast to avoid being carjacked but you have to drive slow to avoid all the potholes that apparently were never repaired after the dinosaurs stomped around.
Old 04-09-09 | 11:44 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by malujerry
hey crazyee201, i already contacted the same guy cathy and another member used, it's lorenzo ny tint .com or something like that in the bronx. the guy seems very nice, professional, and knowledgeable, but charges $1700 for full protection and $350 for tint.

i checked another guy in queens i found off ventureshield's authorized dealers, they charged around $600 for the clearbra set (3m or VS) and about $180 for tint. but it's out in the ghetto and it's such a dilemma driving, you wanna drive fast to avoid being carjacked but you have to drive slow to avoid all the potholes that apparently were never repaired after the dinosaurs stomped around.

see to me thats absolutely worthless... 1700$ can buy you a full paint job for the front.... that crazy
Old 04-10-09 | 07:34 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

i'd rather pay the money and always have my car looking flawless than to see the whole front end become speckled with rock chips and then when it looks bad enough have to have my car being repainted in the body shop for days

my $1600 paid for me to have my entire hood, full fenders, full front bumper, full rear bumper, head lights, fog lights, side skirts, and side mirrors.

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 04-10-09 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-10-09 | 08:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

1700 is just plain retarded. around 500 should be for normal protection, for 700 should be able to get full hood protection already (which is what i have)

have you tried clearbrafilms.com and see who's around you?
Old 04-10-09 | 09:16 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

i'd rather pay the money and always have my car looking flawless than to see the whole front end become speckled with rock chips and then when it looks bad enough have to have my car being repainted in the body shop for days
Your roads must be in pretty bad shape to get your car "speckled with rock chips" in the time that most of own cars like these (3-5 years).

But I will still disagree with you on the looks of the clear bra. I have seen many and all of them you loose the luster and depth of the paint. It is a simple fact you are looking through plastic at your car finish. With that said if I lived in an area where my car would become "speckled with rock chips" in a couple years I would probably go that route too, the lesser of two evils.
Old 04-10-09 | 09:46 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by hblexus07
Your roads must be in pretty bad shape to get your car "speckled with rock chips" in the time that most of own cars like these (3-5 years).

But I will still disagree with you on the looks of the clear bra. I have seen many and all of them you loose the luster and depth of the paint. It is a simple fact you are looking through plastic at your car finish. With that said if I lived in an area where my car would become "speckled with rock chips" in a couple years I would probably go that route too, the lesser of two evils.
i drive A LOT. when i sold my is250 it was less than 2 years old and the front end looked like crap. i didn't care with that car though because it was a LEASE. my F is a show car/daily driver that i OWN.. hell its only 1 year old and i put 30,000 miles on it already. so for me, paying for the clear bra is worth it.

Originally Posted by rominl
1700 is just plain retarded. around 500 should be for normal protection, for 700 should be able to get full hood protection already (which is what i have)

have you tried clearbrafilms.com and see who's around you?
i wish we had places like aerotect here in NY but honestly.. we don't. I know aero does a great job and at an awesome price.. here in NY its very hard to find a good installer to do the job for only 5 or 6 hundred. both people that installed my clearbra charged me the same thing. and one of the other good installers here that i had called for a price was the same thing, 1500
i went with lorenzo because i've seen the work hes done on my friends 911 turbo. he had 90% of his car covered with the film and it was top notch. i guess just call me a retard then because i'm very happy with what i got for my money

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 04-10-09 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-10-09 | 09:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i drive A LOT. when i sold my is250 it was less than 2 years old and the front end looked like crap. i didn't care with that car though because it was a LEASE. my F is a show car/daily driver that i OWN.. hell its only 1 year old and i put 30,000 miles on it already. so for me, paying for the clear bra is worth it.

i wish we had places like aerotect here in NY but honestly.. we don't. I know aero does a great job and at an awesome price.. here in NY its very hard to find a good installer to do the job for only 5 or 6 hundred. both people that installed my clearbra charged me the same thing. and one of the other good installers here that i had called for a price was the same thing, 1500
i went with lorenzo because i've seen the work hes done on my friends 911 turbo. he had 90% of his car covered with the film and it was top notch. to each their own, i'm very with with what i got for my money
gosh, if i see the 1500 tag i am gonna have a heart attack
Old 04-10-09 | 10:35 AM
crazee201
Pole Position

my $1600 paid for me to have my entire hood, full fenders, full front bumper, full rear bumper, head lights, fog lights, side skirts, and side mirrors.
I 100% agree with you Cath. You're paying for quality and the protection of your car, you can't just settle for something poor and insufficient. Maybe we can one of the guys from Aerotech to fly over and do it.
Old 04-10-09 | 04:25 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

i went with lorenzo because i've seen the work hes done on my friends 911 turbo. he had 90% of his car covered with the film and it was top notch. i guess just call me a retard then because i'm very happy with what i got for my money
What's up with the CAPS, am I being scolded? Funny, anyway do what works for you.
Old 04-10-09 | 06:32 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Originally Posted by hblexus07
What's up with the CAPS, am I being scolded? Funny, anyway do what works for you.
lol, if i was scolding you the entire post would've been in caps. the caps were to stress a point.. no worries