SuperCars Exposed on Speed Channel

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09, 11:18 PM
robtown
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SuperCars Exposed on Speed Channel

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick FYI, I saw that there's a new episode of "SuperCars Exposed" set to air Monday, 4/13 at 9pm Eastern titled "Super Sedans" with the IS-F, CTS-V, and M5 dueling it out.

I've never seen this show before, but will definitely check this out. Hopefully the IS-F will get a fair shake hopefully with someone that can work this trans properly.

Rob
Old 04-09-09, 11:29 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive watched this a few times. Pretty neat. I wouldnt mine having his job...
Old 04-09-09, 11:48 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

This should be interesting. I saw my first 2009 CTS-V on the road today, WOW. Not sure why the IS-F is being compared to an M5 and CTS-V, both of which boast well over 500 hp.

Javier
Old 04-10-09, 06:32 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Seems like an unfair matchup the IS-F with 416hp compared to the M5's 506hp and CTS-V's 556hp the F will be spanked =(
Old 04-10-09, 06:41 AM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

I hope the F gets a fair shake since it isn't in the same class as the other cars. I've watched this show a few times and the host rarely has anything negative to say about any of the cars he drives.
Old 04-10-09, 07:36 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Perfect timing. I'll finally be getting the Speed Channel on the 13th when I switch over to FIOS from Direct TV.

As other have said, seems like an odd group of cars for the IS-F to be thrown into.
Old 04-10-09, 07:53 AM
geneva
Rookie

If I had to guess since they have a car from the U.S. and Germany, probably wanted to include the hottest sedan currently available from Japan and that would be the F. But I agree the IS-F is NOT in this class and will be interesting to see the results. Should have included the NEW Merc. E Class AMG but probably not available yet and Audi RS6 has been around for a while. I watch Supercars Exposed all the time and the host Tanner Foust is the 2007 World Drifting Champion so he should have some fun with the F!!
Old 04-10-09, 11:11 AM
ISF FAN
Pole Position

Can't wait...thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-10-09, 01:43 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geneva
I watch Supercars Exposed all the time and the host Tanner Foust is the 2007 World Drifting Champion so he should have some fun with the F!!
It will be interesting to see what he has to say. I also watch regularly and enjoy the show as he is a true enthusiast that seems to appreciate most cars in general.

I also agree that the F is not anywhere near the same class as the cars that it's being showcased with.

Pretty cool to even have the F included though.
Old 04-10-09, 04:09 PM
is-fowner
Driver

best show ever tanner always gives each car a fair shake.
Old 04-11-09, 02:28 PM
MicaISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those people are not stupid. they knew ISF is the underdog and is very likely to lose to the other two, yet they just throw it in there to have some sort of representation ( or misrepresentation) from each major continent. when i see a silly comparo like this it's just hard for me to take those people seriously. it's just more of the silly entertainments now sufficating the networks.
Old 04-11-09, 04:55 PM
lx470man
Advanced

can someone post the video online, maybe youtube it. I dont have speed channel. damn.
Old 04-11-09, 05:33 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Default Cts-v , is-f ,c63

Well I actually drove all three (CTS-V , M5 ,and IS-f ) cars and As you all have mentioned , the IS-F is not really in this class , but at least it's a stepping stone for lexus . Interestingly I ended up buying another supercar , a 07 Z06 corvette . "Scary Fast " unlike anything I've driven in my life !
However, the Z06 is literally a race car , and as expected it is not really for our lousy roads and is not comfortable to drive on long hauls . So I ended up trading it in for a new 2009 Cadillac CTS-V . This machine is super fast for a four door sedan and the supercharger is "scary" when it kicks in . I might sound a bit biased but the CTS-V is really a luxury sedan capable of ripping past some of the best sports cars out there , a "sleeper' to say the least .

Cheers
Old 04-11-09, 07:34 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like it is going to be interesting to watch. I agree it's not in the same class as the other cars which is weird but oh well, it sounds like it's going to be a good episode to catch
Old 04-12-09, 03:22 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by robtown
Hey Everyone,

Just a quick FYI, I saw that there's a new episode of "SuperCars Exposed" set to air Monday, 4/13 at 9pm Eastern titled "Super Sedans" with the IS-F, CTS-V, and M5 dueling it out.

I've never seen this show before, but will definitely check this out. Hopefully the IS-F will get a fair shake hopefully with someone that can work this trans properly.

Rob
Thanks for the 411. I've set my tvo to record it.
C.

Quick Reply: SuperCars Exposed on Speed Channel