IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rear Deck RATTLE!!! :( Help Needed....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-09, 11:09 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HenrysISF
The factory sub served no purpose after the aftermarket sub was installed. When removed.. it actually turns into a big port into the cabin.
I have a single 12" FI- Q subwoofer, powered by a US AMPS MD 2D.
Great idea!

I've seen only one other ISF with a system and he ran his wires underneath his car from the battery to the trunk, is that similar to what you did?
Old 04-17-09, 11:15 AM
HenrysISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran power wires down same side as the battery. down the door lines on the inside.
I will try and get some pictures of my setup soon.
Old 04-28-09, 05:06 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I was hoping I wouldn't have to post in this thread as my car had zero rattles until I installed exhaust. Now especially when the car is cold I hear a rattle/buzz sound from somewhere in the trunk/upper passenger side deck. I'm 99% sure there is nothing touching the exhaust, but it's the exhaust tone that is causing something back there to make the noise. Anyone else have/had this issue and what did you do to fix it?
Old 04-28-09, 06:39 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I was hoping I wouldn't have to post in this thread as my car had zero rattles until I installed exhaust. Now especially when the car is cold I hear a rattle/buzz sound from somewhere in the trunk/upper passenger side deck. I'm 99% sure there is nothing touching the exhaust, but it's the exhaust tone that is causing something back there to make the noise. Anyone else have/had this issue and what did you do to fix it?
Weird that you have the rattle in the trunk now since your exhaust install. I feel like something is buzzing in my glove compartment/or side passenger area since the install. I'm going to have to remove everything in there and see if it still continues.

Oh, and I have not solved my rear deck rattle yet either....
Old 04-28-09, 06:42 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Weird that you have the rattle in the trunk now since your exhaust install. I feel like something is buzzing in my glove compartment/or side passenger area since the install. I'm going to have to remove everything in there and see if it still continues.

Just keep your jacket back there. Kidding aside, what all are you considering to try in hopes of getting rid of the rear deck rattle? Maybe some dynamat?
Old 04-28-09, 06:49 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HenrysISF
The factory sub served no purpose after the aftermarket sub was installed. When removed.. it actually turns into a big port into the cabin.
I have a single 12" FI- Q subwoofer, powered by a US AMPS MD 2D.
I'm sorry, but what are those brand names? I was thinking about getting boston acoustics c2 boxed 12 with a kicker amp for $500 installed at a local shop; or an alpine type r OR rockford fosgate p3 12 and alpine amp for $600 at best buy. Many people told me that best buy overcharges but I'm scared to go the small local shops.

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS

Crap, and I just ordered the exhaust and already narrowed down my choices for a speaker system... Maybe the noise of these two items will drown out any rattles?
Old 04-29-09, 05:13 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Default Rear rattle fixed

Upon close inspection yesterday I discovered the source of the rattle/vibration from the back of the car. The muffler hanger was slightly off causing the rubber piece to compress and not allowing any clearance. I adjusted the exhaust at the flange as best as I could and ended up being able to add some separation by a few millimeters. For a temporary fix to ensure there would be NO contact, I took some rubber pieces and squeezed it into the rubber hanger which filled it out and gave me quite a bit more clearance so the noise is now gone. One of these days I'll get into an exhaust shop and have them tweak the metal exhaust hanger.

So now I'm pretty much rattle free aside from some rear passenger door panel/window area that is sensitive to the deep low pitch of the exhaust tone on slow accelerations in the lower rpms.

Old 03-23-20, 09:36 PM
ISpurFect
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have noticed a rattle noise from the rear deck but it only occurs when I am on bad pavement. On smooth pavement it is silent. It is not the speaker but I suspect the 3rd brake light or something up against the glass. I usually just turn my music up and it drowns out the rattle but I still want it gone. I know this thread is 11 years old but wanted to revive it to see if anyone else has experienced this issue and had a resolution.