IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Stacked Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-09, 05:34 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me too............I need to find a fake stacked quad exhaust tip 12-step program so I can function in society.

But my fear is that the meetings will be filled with IS-F owners who are biased!
Old 04-23-09, 09:00 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey newbie, I've been driving stick since I was 14, now I'm 38 and the IS-F is my first automatic car, do the math and tell me if I can drive stick.

Originally Posted by maj75
That diffuser/lift BS was invented as an excuse for the ugly stacked dummy exhaust. Like I said this car is not that aero. It is worse than the stock IS. All the pics of the other exhausts are FUNCTIONAL and don't require diffusers to reduce lift. I wonder how Ferrari and Lambo missed that one?

Let me guess, you can't drive a stick
Old 04-23-09, 09:46 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think people just can't stand it when the guy in the ISF stomps the gas and they can't keep up. So all they are left with is a disappointing loss and the rear end quad tips shot engraved in their head. The exhaust tips are the ISF's stamp.

"Bye bye and.....get a good look at my "crappy fake over/under-engineered OVAL" exhaust diffusers as I pull away"
Old 04-23-09, 10:01 AM
maj75
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 8speed
Please stop trolling, no one cares what you have to say! You're starting to make even me look intelligent and that is something that is near impossible to accomplish

No danger of that happening. I did not criticize you personally, knock off the BS and stop being threatened by someone who has an opinion different than yours.
Old 04-23-09, 10:08 AM
maj75
Driver

Originally Posted by primecut
Correction: All of the pictures that Joe Z posted show a similar set up as the F, where the diffuser is integrated in the bumper, and the tips from the muffler are feeding into the diffuser, but not connected. So none of those are "actual working quad tips" per your definition.

To be honest, this setup requires far more engineering than just leaving a hole for 4 tips to pass through. I appreciate the design that went into it, because it also allows aftermarket setups to increase HP without altering the look. Lexus could have just easily went with your standard dual exhaust setup and called it a day, no "fix" required. Everyone is obviously entitled their opinion on whether they like the looks or not, but it's ridiculous to make baseless claims on engineering/technology founded on wild speculation.

The only wild speculation I hear is the justifications as to why the IS-F exhausts look the way they do. The IS350 has a clean exhaust. They added a styling exercise to the IS-F that added weight to the rear bumper and offers no performance increase.

What's next, the added weight was necessary to give the IS-F traction?
Old 04-23-09, 10:15 AM
maj75
Driver

Originally Posted by Juanca
Hey newbie, I've been driving stick since I was 14, now I'm 38 and the IS-F is my first automatic car, do the math and tell me if I can drive stick.
So what, I've been driving sticks for almost as long as you have been alive. I never said that you were wrong to like the auto IS-F. I said that there are people who wish that Lexus had provided the option for a manual version of the IS-F instead of the IS250. Why does that upset you guys

Why do you feel compelled to argue with people who don't like the exhaust? It's OK if they don't like it. Don't feel personally threatened. Your IS-F realy does not care if anybody likes it's exhaust. You don't have to stand up for it.
Old 04-23-09, 10:17 AM
maj75
Driver

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I think people just can't stand it when the guy in the ISF stomps the gas and they can't keep up. So all they are left with is a disappointing loss and the rear end quad tips shot engraved in their head. The exhaust tips are the ISF's stamp.

"Bye bye and.....get a good look at my "crappy fake over/under-engineered OVAL" exhaust diffusers as I pull away"

If you were in Miami, we could see. I'm positive that the person looking at the "real" quad exhausts would be you
Old 04-23-09, 10:58 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

No danger of that happening. I did not criticize you personally, knock off the BS and stop being threatened by someone who has an opinion different than yours.

So you're the town cryer who is dictating what people say? Opinion is one thing, causing trouble and having a contrarian view just for the sake of arguing is another
Old 04-23-09, 01:25 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Guys, back on topic please and stop the bickering. Take the personal back and forth to PM.
Old 04-24-09, 12:06 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great! I'm in Miami, let's get together and discuss the stacked exhaust design at the track. I can show you its functionality there.

If you were in Miami, we could see. I'm positive that the person looking at the "real" quad exhausts would be you
Old 04-24-09, 12:14 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
Great! I'm in Miami, let's get together and discuss the stacked exhaust design at the track. I can show you its functionality there.
Also in miami... Also down for a track day.
Old 04-24-09, 03:45 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

At least you admit that the exhaust is a negative. If it was actually a functional quad exhaust, I might not complain as much, but the dummy quads are ugly, serve no purpose, and make an aftermarket exhaust difficult to add.
Sorry but I meant I didn't like the stacked look, I prefer side-by-side. I don't care if they're real or not just like I don't care whether or not breasts are real or not - as long as it's fun.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ The solution to that issue is below.... Best purchase I ever made..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4262431-post6.html
Thanks Joe, I'll hold off on that until I get your exhaust.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys, back on topic please and stop the bickering. Take the personal back and forth to PM.