IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Taking one for the team to test out the new K&N intake.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 08:18 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff man, keep us posted
Old 04-23-09, 08:32 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Do u notice a significant increase in power? You figure u should feel 20+rwhp. Also keep a eye on the MPG, that dropping was the first indicator that my K&N drop in was not agreeing with the stock MAF.
Old 04-23-09, 08:35 PM
cm09578
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever seen an intake add over 28HP to a car??...man I hope this is true!!
Old 04-23-09, 08:48 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cm09578
Has anyone ever seen an intake add over 28HP to a car??...man I hope this is true!!
no>>>>

I would expect no more than 5 hp
Old 04-23-09, 09:18 PM
550fresh
Rookie

Default it felt quicker

my mpg said 19.8 on it..........alot of 4 cylinders get more than 5 this is my first v-8 so u figure we gotta be getting more power....or at least i hope....
Old 04-23-09, 09:23 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Nice, mine just got sent out today so should be here sometime in the next week. Drive around a few 100 miles and then get it dyno'd.
Old 04-23-09, 09:30 PM
DSM2GS400
Driver

28hp from an intake sounds a little far fetched...
Given the performance "levels" obtained by this car from the factory, I find it pretty hard to belive that the Lexus engineers would be so narrow minded as to over-look an extra approx. 30hp simply by redesigning the intake...
Wish you all the best but sounds like a stretch...
I would think in the range of 5-10hp max. but who knows????
28hp is HUGE if you can get that from an intake!!!
Might have to dump the GS4 if thats the case...
Resetting the ECU might be a good idea to get the max gains possible from the intake.
Old 04-23-09, 11:23 PM
550fresh
Rookie

Default test drive

just drove on the freeway with little traffic its cold outside.....the car just sounds like a beast......i had the windows up and it is loud....feels quicker....i guess the dyno will have to be the judge but i love it.....
Old 04-24-09, 12:56 AM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DSM2GS400
28hp from an intake sounds a little far fetched...
Given the performance "levels" obtained by this car from the factory, I find it pretty hard to belive that the Lexus engineers would be so narrow minded as to over-look an extra approx. 30hp simply by redesigning the intake...
Wish you all the best but sounds like a stretch...
I would think in the range of 5-10hp max. but who knows????
28hp is HUGE if you can get that from an intake!!!
Might have to dump the GS4 if thats the case...
Resetting the ECU might be a good idea to get the max gains possible from the intake.
Yes 28 hp is exaggerated. I would expect maybe 10 hp from this intake but who knows until I get mine dyno'd once it comes. Also while install the battery terminal must be disconnected before install so the ecu should be resetted.
Old 04-24-09, 05:41 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 550fresh
I just installled the k&n 2 day it was pretty easy only thing is it does not come with a nipple 2 secure a vaccum line.......it tells u in the instructions 2 do this but it did not come with one so i had 2 go 2 autozone and get one.......i just test drove it and it sounds mean when u gun it and has a quicker response so far i like it.......ill know in the next couple of days if i have any problems....
Any Check Engine Lights? I had the SRT on my car but I removed it, but I did notice the intake kick in at about 2500RPM and of course the sound was intoxicating. The reason I removed mine because the power gains were not impressive most was about 8whp with loss on wheel torque some people actually lost power about 15whp. False advertising is to blame, thats why when you have a chance to dyno your car perhaps a baseline then with intake. K&N has thrown out some big numbers which I am weary about 5-10whp on the max would be right. I am waiting to recieve my JoeZ so far its the more reliable intake out there. Also independently dynod by several people and consistently give 5-6whp. Thumbs up on Joe on his product. From my experience it seems the stock intake setup is very well tuned from the factory with little room for adjustment. Keep us posted and Dyno when you have a chance have fun Just my 2 cents

Last edited by LexISguy; 04-24-09 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-24-09, 09:02 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

If you look at the dyno chart the car has the same amount of miles on it. If you dyno and dont get the claimed results couldnt K&N say you drove too much and that your filter is dirty...
Old 04-24-09, 11:13 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought you never dynoed your car... How do you know you gained 8 WHP and lost torque? I wouldn't remove it if that was the case.

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Any Check Engine Lights? I had the SRT on my car but I removed it, but I did notice the intake kick in at about 2500RPM and of course the sound was intoxicating. The reason I removed mine because the power gains were not impressive most was about 8whp with loss on wheel torque some people actually lost power about 15whp. False advertising is to blame, thats why when you have a chance to dyno your car perhaps a baseline then with intake. K&N has thrown out some big numbers which I am weary about 5-10whp on the max would be right. I am waiting to recieve my JoeZ so far its the more reliable intake out there. Also independently dynod by several people and consistently give 5-6whp. Thumbs up on Joe on his product. From my experience it seems the stock intake setup is very well tuned from the factory with little room for adjustment. Keep us posted and Dyno when you have a chance have fun Just my 2 cents
Old 04-24-09, 01:46 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

We just got info and pricing on these.

We will have them up in our K&N FS thread this evening.

Feel free to PM us with any questions.
Old 04-24-09, 02:56 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

*update:

Added to our thread here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...take-sale.html
Old 04-25-09, 12:28 PM
casper10
Driver School Candidate

Default Anyone used this intake?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...take-sale.html

There appears to be some significant gains on the ISF and I want to know if anyone has had the chance to try one or are they too new?

K&N R&D must be pretty extensive to produce the extra power they are claiming?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Taking one for the team to test out the new K&N intake.