Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

haha i wouldn't mind a GTR...
Old 04-19-09, 12:16 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazee201
The F may be a sport sedan but it is ALSO built for track.

Only if you count the numerous hours spent racing at Fuji Speedway and the Nurburgring ..............but nothing will ever come close to Godzilla, the greatest production car ever built
Old 04-19-09, 12:26 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so you guys are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic.. noone has even answerd which car would win? with some stats ?? im also curious if the F-turbo would... and on a diff topic how much hp is the R8?
Old 04-19-09, 12:34 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by L-S-D
so you guys are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic.. noone has even answerd which car would win? with some stats ?? im also curious if the F-turbo would... and on a diff topic how much hp is the R8?
Not sure on who would win, there are a lot of factors such as whether or not launch control would be used, drivers, etc. etc. If I had to guess though, I would say the GTR would still win.

The 2009 Audi R8 is 420 horses with 317 lb-ft of torque according to the Audi USA website (http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/n...s/Audi_R8.html)
Old 04-19-09, 12:36 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

damn 420 horses ... i wonder if the bone stock F could beat it
Old 04-19-09, 12:49 PM
is-fowner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

driver 170 each no launch control both in manual mode bone stock gt-r vs f laying down 600
Old 04-19-09, 12:53 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

lol hilter off the hook!!!!
well me personally i would turbo out a is-f, get the best of both worlds. luxury plus power (extensive power!!!)
Old 04-19-09, 03:22 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

F

Pros- Reliability, fast, practical, nicely optioned vs competition, great gas mileage for 416 hp sedan

Cons- no true manual, room for four, rear seats don't fold down

Zilla

Pros- Exotic killer, wicked fast, track monster

Cons- Reliability issues, $1,500 for transmission fluid service, built by Nissan

The only thing that the GT-R and R8 have in common is that they are both AWD and both were Car of the Year winners. R8 is outmatched top to bottom by the fire breathing green monster from the sea!

If I had the money, I would buy an R8 and strap an MTM supercharger to it or wait and buy the V-10 powered R8

Last edited by 8speed; 04-19-09 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-19-09, 03:24 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

damn 420 horses ... i wonder if the bone stock F could beat it
straight line............yes

around the track, both drivers being equal...............no
Old 04-19-09, 03:39 PM
is-fowner
Driver

thanks yeah i heard from insideline about the trans fluid . idk yet
Old 04-19-09, 05:27 PM
PKROCKT
Driver School Candidate

Two completely different kind of cars people!
Old 04-19-09, 05:59 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PKROCKT
Two completely different kind of cars people!
we know this, the OP said what would win and pros and cons.............we're comparing performance.............not classification of cars!
Old 04-19-09, 06:06 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

IMO is-f ftw... it jus makes more sense to buy, it is wayyy more well rounded than the zilla..... the F could be daily driver/track plus it has the best of both worlds of luxory and sport..... the only real thing the zilla has on the F is that its a crazy track car....
Old 04-19-09, 07:04 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

OK I own both currently and can really give you some insight compared to the tranny bashing and off topic talk.

1. No matter how much rwhp you throw at a ISF you are going to be traction limited. Meaning you will need some drag radials on 24/7 just to use that 500-600 rwhp. The GTR stock has way more grip that a ISF will ever have. I have the Cobb tune on my GTR which is some where in the area of 440-460awhp and it is a freaking blast to drive. It takes off from the line like a bat out of hell and has power everywhere. Also tire size on the ISF is going to be an issue. There really isnt much more or wider rubber you can fit on it.

2. Build Quality is well sort of the same but really 2 different cars here. GTR = ready made track car. ISF = qasi luxo fast sedan with some track abilities.

3. GTR's with stock turbo's and upgraded down pipes, exhaust, ecu tuning, intercooler piping are achieving 600awhp now on a regular basis and will be much easier to do than a turbo'd ISF I would think. But i havent seen the setup for the ISF yet. Plus Boost on the ISF would be set low because of blowing engine unless you get the engine built which would cost a ton of money to do. We are also already seeing 700+awhp with upgrade stock turbo's in the GTR's and probably will see 800+ with different turbos soon.

4. The transmissions?? well the GTR trans is doing way better than most you think. Yes there were problems with very few GTRs but I have yet to see a GTR grenade a tranny in quite sometime. It has been handling alot of power from some people lately without problems (500-650awhp). An ISF tranny on the other hand will be kinda tricky being able to handle 200-300 more rwhp. Can it handle it? My bet is going to be no, not for a sustained time. Nissan did update the TCU in its GTR's with a lower rpm launch control (3000rpm versus 4500rpm) and it is just as fast or faster to 60 than before without the headache of the warranty BS or the added stress on the drivetrain. Now the ecu controls everthing and is pretty flawless. Honestly though I have yet to use it because it doesnt matter to me to save .2 sec from 0-60.(you dont have to turn off the traction control to use it anymore which voided your warranty)

Bottom line the GTR is faster and more purpose built to go fast than the ISF. I own both and driving the ISF seems slow compared to the GTR. A turbo'd ISF would be a real cool car, sleeper too but isnt going to be a GTR killer with comparable mods to both. Just my opinion
Old 04-19-09, 07:13 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by is-fowner
thanks yeah i heard from insideline about the trans fluid . idk yet

They paid nearly 2x what smart owners would pay for service. Just a quick search yielded 570 versus the 1400 or so dollars they paid for the trans fluid.

Quick Reply: Gtr vs is-f artisan-turbo