IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Gtr vs is-f artisan-turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-09, 07:18 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L-S-D
IMO is-f ftw... it jus makes more sense to buy, it is wayyy more well rounded than the zilla..... the F could be daily driver/track plus it has the best of both worlds of luxory and sport..... the only real thing the zilla has on the F is that its a crazy track car....
Honestly the only thing the ISF has over he GTR is more room in back seat area. It is just as comfortable to drive as the ISF in everyday real world driving and can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in boot.

Both great cars no doubt. but not comparable in speed, power and abilities.

Also just like my lexus I have had no issues to date with either car. NONE
Old 04-19-09, 07:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

the GTR will still beat the ISF with a turbo. It has more technology involved in providing grip and faster lap times. Its also a sportier car
Old 04-19-09, 09:36 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

two different cars in my opinion...IS F is your Jekyll and Hyde....drive it normal, push the sport mode on for fun, put it to full manual plus sport for extra fun.... i've driven my IS F pretty hard and i've launched it a couple times. At the end of the day, i can pick up my grandma and take her to the store and she doesn't even know the beast that lies beneath. However, IS F plus turbo, i wonder how well the tranny and diff etc, will hold up over time.
Old 04-20-09, 06:59 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

very funny video!!
Old 04-20-09, 01:08 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
the GTR will still beat the ISF with a turbo. It has more technology involved in providing grip and faster lap times. Its also a sportier car

And from the look of things, so will a tuned Audi twin turbo!
Old 04-20-09, 01:09 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lexus IS-F --- Used you can find one for 45,000
Nissan GT-R----Used i havent seen one for less then 70,000

so IS-F 45,000
Artisan kit 15,000

So for 60,000 STILL less then the GTR STOCK, you will have a 600+hp monster that you can go get grocery's with and still rip it up at a track, with still 10,000 left to spend on wheels, suspension or other mods... IS-F is the way to go in my opinion

If you want to cause car accidents every where you go get the GTR. iv seen more heads turn when driving in my buddys GTR then when i was riding in some of the Ferrari's at work...
Old 04-20-09, 01:21 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
lexus IS-F --- Used you can find one for 45,000
Nissan GT-R----Used i havent seen one for less then 70,000

so IS-F 45,000
Artisan kit 15,000

So for 60,000 STILL less then the GTR STOCK, you will have a 600+hp monster that you can go get grocery's with and still rip it up at a track, with still 10,000 left to spend on wheels, suspension or other mods... IS-F is the way to go in my opinion

If you want to cause car accidents every where you go get the GTR. iv seen more heads turn when driving in my buddys GTR then when i was riding in some of the Ferrari's at work...

Its going to cost way more IMO than 15k to get that thing running. Dyno time, install, easy 20k +. Then there is the factor of this car being a modded car with no warranty, which a GTR would still have.

This ISF is still IMO a work in progress. It isnt putting down the numbers on a track at all. No one knows how the powertrain is going to really handle that power on the street either.
Old 04-20-09, 01:35 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kickhard
Its going to cost way more IMO than 15k to get that thing running. Dyno time, install, easy 20k +. Then there is the factor of this car being a modded car with no warranty, which a GTR would still have.
iv been talking with artisan.
its 15k from your door, to the shop, all the exhaust and turbos, lines everything installed, ignition modified, fuel modified, tuned till their happy with the numbers and its running safe, then delivered back to your door all within 10 days...

Yes the warranty issue... that would be the con here

if it was me, i would do the IS-f TT, suspension and some wheels

pros, less expensive, leaves more cash for other mods
Cons, warranty, and the kit is so new, there hasn't really been anytime to see if the tranny can hold the extra power for prolonged times
Old 04-20-09, 01:38 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe the $15K includes everything, from installation to tuning.
Old 04-20-09, 01:40 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

I think we can all agree that the GT-R is purpose-built to do one thing...performance.

Bang for the buck, in the 70-80K category you cannot find a more technologically built car that will put the beat down on some of the exotics.

Enough said, the "F" is a different car and a great one, but should not be compared to the GT-R.
Old 04-20-09, 01:54 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
I think we can all agree that the GT-R is purpose-built to do one thing...performance.

Bang for the buck, in the 70-80K category you cannot find a more technologically built car that will put the beat down on some of the exotics.

Enough said, the "F" is a different car and a great one, but should not be compared to the GT-R.

Z06

For 45k and some coilovers, you will have an exotic and GT-R killer. No question the GT-R is awesome.....but it is not the "end all" in cheaper/affordable performance by any means! In fact a bone stock Z06 wipes the floor with the GT-R with straight brute force acceleration and can more than hold its own on a track!
Old 04-20-09, 02:29 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 8speed
Z06

For 45k and some coilovers, you will have an exotic and GT-R killer. No question the GT-R is awesome.....but it is not the "end all" in cheaper/affordable performance by any means! In fact a bone stock Z06 wipes the floor with the GT-R with straight brute force acceleration and can more than hold its own on a track!

True but this thread is about a GTR and ISF Turbo. Yes a ZO6 is a great car, but it doesnt quite wipe the floor with it in a straight line. It does best it and pull away stock for stock

15k out the door. Not bad I guess
Old 04-20-09, 03:00 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

you guess?!

an overall 180 hp gain at ONLY 6 psi? there are already companys doing R&D for forged internals to bump that up to 10-12 psi safely... imagine the numbers, 800-900- 1000 hp IS-Fs with a built up trans (already in development as well)

all delivered to your door with in 10 days. perfect in my book
Old 04-20-09, 04:56 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
you guess?!

an overall 180 hp gain at ONLY 6 psi? there are already companys doing R&D for forged internals to bump that up to 10-12 psi safely... imagine the numbers, 800-900- 1000 hp IS-Fs with a built up trans (already in development as well)

all delivered to your door with in 10 days. perfect in my book
Yes I guess because I havent really modded a car in sometime. My last car i modded was my supra and parts for those are high. I am still not quite satisfied that this car will hold up the way it is setup now. sorry. I see head gaskets blowing, along with cooling problems. It would be different if this car was turbo'd from the factory but it isnt. High CR hurts this car for that alot. Only way to go is stand alone ECU and built lowered CR engine for reliabilty
Old 04-20-09, 06:51 PM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Yes a ZO6 is a great car, but it doesnt quite wipe the floor with it in a straight line. It does best it and pull away stock for stock

It isn't even close straight line my friend. Sorry for going off topic but i just couldn't resist! Even though you own a GT-R please speak reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjmyt52-c8c

Quick Reply: Gtr vs is-f artisan-turbo