Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SEIBON CF hood for IS-F

http://www.carbon-fiber-hoods.com/en...arget=d28.html

Pretty good price cut on this
Old 05-03-09 | 11:21 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a good price but I've experienced many Seibon hoods/trunks for my Honda S2000 before and the fitment is poor as bad as the trunk leaked water...I wouldn't want a cf hood that's not fitted for the ISF.
Old 05-04-09 | 05:11 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

my CF hood/trunk/kit fit perfectly on my car.... no problems just having to adjust a tad bit
Old 05-04-09 | 07:19 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF-88
It is a good price but I've experienced many Seibon hoods/trunks for my Honda S2000 before and the fitment is poor as bad as the trunk leaked water...I wouldn't want a cf hood that's not fitted for the ISF.
Not fitted for the IS-F

It's built to spec

If I was looking to save weight for a time attacker, I would go this route and do a custom paint job leaving just the middle section of the hood c/f and the lower side parts painted to match.........same with trunk.......paint the entire trunk to match but leave just the lip c/f while blending the paint gradually into the lip..... Oh yeah!
Old 05-04-09 | 07:50 AM
TinCan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many pounds do you think you're going to lose? (I'm not saying your fat or anything) Sounds like you want it more for the look?
Old 05-04-09 | 07:55 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

You can save more weight just by switching to a mini battery and save yourself hundreds of dollars. I dropped 26lbs by going this route and have had the battery in my car for almost 9 months now with ZERO problems. Anyone ever weight the stock aluminum hood? I can't imagine there would be much of a weigh savings by going CF, but for those that want the look then this is for you.
Old 05-04-09 | 08:31 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess going from the stock aluminum hood to CF will save 1-2 lbs. I'd rather put myself on a diet and drop more pounds than paying for this hood.
Old 05-04-09 | 08:37 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
You can save more weight just by switching to a mini battery and save yourself hundreds of dollars. I dropped 26lbs by going this route and have had the battery in my car for almost 9 months now with ZERO problems. Anyone ever weight the stock aluminum hood? I can't imagine there would be much of a weigh savings by going CF, but for those that want the look then this is for you.

Then why did the gang at 0-60 go c/f everything for their time attack car for Sema? Just for the heck of it Every bit helps and the sum of all parts is a lighter car.......even a lighter battery!

And speaking of a lighter battery, we all know how cool your are with your modification bro........

Now let's see you run 12 flat with your new mods......
Old 05-04-09 | 09:01 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

wow seems someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....easy killer.
Old 05-04-09 | 10:47 AM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Juanca
I guess going from the stock aluminum hood to CF will save 1-2 lbs. I'd rather put myself on a diet and drop more pounds than paying for this hood.

Might save a bit more since the ISF hood has a few layers under it for sound detoning. I think it has 2 layers + glue cuz I had a few dents I tried to get fixed and that's what the dent clinic told me when they were working on it. I would assume maybe 4-5 lbs savings but not huge since it's alluminum vs cf. My s2000 hood was alluminum and it saved 1lb from changing to cf. I rather keep it oem.
Old 05-04-09 | 10:58 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 8speed
Then why did the gang at 0-60 go c/f everything for their time attack car for Sema? Just for the heck of it Every bit helps and the sum of all parts is a lighter car.......even a lighter battery!
The tuner aftermarket is a billion dollar plus business. This is why we see such things.
Old 05-04-09 | 11:14 AM
8speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
The tuner aftermarket is a billion dollar plus business. This is why we see such things.

Not for the IS-F

The only aftermarket stuff we are buying is a couple PTS exhausts and a long tube intake from Joe Z..........I give the market a D- for our cars.....there is no competition and cars like the M3 and C63 are light years ahead of us this stage of the game

I mean the new M3 has double digit exhaust and tuning options already available and companies like Active Auto is already R&D a 600 hp supercharger kit

We are stuck with options like the pathetic SRT intake that actually decreases HP and an Artisan TT upgrade that can barely run 14 second 1/4 miles!

Last edited by 8speed; 05-04-09 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-04-09 | 12:03 PM
larrysb
Driver

'cause SEMA is about selling trinkets and nothing else.

The whole mod market is about selling stuff and making money. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the carbon fiber mods actually weigh more than the parts taken off the car.

There are a whole lot of dorks in the world, running around with fart-can mufflers, poor quality fiber hoods and ironing-board wings on the trunk decks.
Old 05-06-09 | 03:02 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask JavyLSU, if the carbon fiber hood, is lighter than OEM (well the one he had)...

Askkkk, just ask...
Old 05-06-09 | 03:12 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And speaking of a lighter battery, we all know how cool your are with your modification bro........

Now let's see you run 12 flat with your new mods......
8speed is defending the use of carbon fiber on our cars?? Now I've seen everything!

Quick Reply: SEIBON CF hood for IS-F