IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My JoeZ Intake...(pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 07:39 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a tube! yes smooth on the inside but most treat it like its the best thing since sliced bread! wow! ( meant nicely joez!)
Old 05-12-09, 07:53 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going to order mine very soon from clark at VIP!!
Old 05-12-09, 07:54 AM
TinCan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
But the K and N website has a dyno chart for the Is F. I believe most car manufacture engineer's reason to choose not to put an intake in the car is because of the noise level. I dunno, K and N is not ebay cheapo stuff so Im pretty sure their R and D department must have did their homework before putting out the intake into the market. thats why Im confused why everyone is ordering the JoeZ intake tube. Okay, K and N claims 28 hp even if its a bad design or bs numbers, Im pretty sure its still gonna be more than 5 hp gain no matter what.

Please understand that the 5 HP for Joe-z is REAL WHP that has been proven by many people on many dynos, not just one conpany that is trying to sell you something. Until some people start testing the k&n stuff, the joe Z intake is the best for the money...
Old 05-12-09, 08:22 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Glad you finally received the intake pipe Alex!!!

Ok just a quick chime in here for all and I will keep it simple.

The design behind my intake pipe is to Optimize the OEM airflow / intake path.
Plus, it works perfectly in conjunction will the IS-F Dual Stage Air Box.

I am in NO way shape or form in a horsepower race with Any other intake company.

The intake design will yield between 5-6 Rwhp max gains consistently.

If one chooses to buy another intake brand based on a higher hp #, then please do so.

I am very glad to see more aftermarket parts & choices becoming available for the IS-F..

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 05-12-09, 08:27 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry
hey lou,

sorry but i'm confused i guess... so some people lost power and mpg, fortunately you didn't? but was this suppose to increase any power or mpg by chance, and did that happen to you? or is this one of those that needs less cleaning or some other positive outcome? i had k&n before on another application with positive results, so i'm not trying to knock you or the company - i'm sure i read several posts about k&n oily filter messing up the map or something like that.

and the people who used K&N filters for their ISF's were suppose to be on VW's or you just did that? (just wondering if you had a different filter, which provided different results?)

thanks,

jerry
As I stated, K&N does not list a drop-in filter for the F. However, another member of this forum, after doing some research, determined that K&N's filter No. 33-2069 was the same size as the OEM F filter. I ordered one, and sure enough it fit. This air filter is K&N's standard gauze oiled filter. It needs to be cleaned periodically and reoiled. I bought it based on my past positive experiences with K&N filter products. I didn't feel any difference in power or experience any decrease in MPG with this filter. In my case it has not affected my MAF, nor did it affect the MAF on my previous G35 Coupe. I'm also running one in my GMC Sierra. I have left the OEM filter on my wife's ES350.

Maybe I have a ticking bomb here, or maybe not. For me it is working (in conjunction with my JoeZ intake tube), and I have no plans to change it.

Lou
Old 05-12-09, 08:43 AM
TinCan
Pole Position

more and more companies are going to dry filters over the oil, because of oil messing up the MAS....

Last edited by TinCan; 05-12-09 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-12-09, 09:07 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
But the K and N website has a dyno chart for the Is F. I believe most car manufacture engineer's reason to choose not to put an intake in the car is because of the noise level. I dunno, K and N is not ebay cheapo stuff so Im pretty sure their R and D department must have did their homework before putting out the intake into the market. thats why Im confused why everyone is ordering the JoeZ intake tube. Okay, K and N claims 28 hp even if its a bad design or bs numbers, Im pretty sure its still gonna be more than 5 hp gain no matter what.
i think another company named srt also came up with a dyno sheet of their own which showed an increase in HP, but some members actually lost HP.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...exhaust-6.html

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
As I stated, K&N does not list a drop-in filter for the F. However, another member of this forum, after doing some research, determined that K&N's filter No. 33-2069 was the same size as the OEM F filter. I ordered one, and sure enough it fit. This air filter is K&N's standard gauze oiled filter. It needs to be cleaned periodically and reoiled. I bought it based on my past positive experiences with K&N filter products. I didn't feel any difference in power or experience any decrease in MPG with this filter. In my case it has not affected my MAF, nor did it affect the MAF on my previous G35 Coupe. I'm also running one in my GMC Sierra. I have left the OEM filter on my wife's ES350.

Maybe I have a ticking bomb here, or maybe not. For me it is working (in conjunction with my JoeZ intake tube), and I have no plans to change it.

Lou

oh god, more k&n part numbers! j/k
thanks for the clarification. so what was the positive result that made you stick with k&n, or was it just a lack of negative results?
Old 05-12-09, 09:12 AM
TinCan
Pole Position

Sometimes people get stuck in the brand name game...
Old 05-12-09, 09:46 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Thanks Joe, I just have to say that the JoeZ is the only proven intake for the F as of right now. The K&N will have be to independently dynod to support the claimed 28hp. Until that happens we can only speculate.

Last edited by LexISguy; 05-12-09 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-12-09, 10:05 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TinCan
more and more companies are going to dry filters over the oil, because of oil messing up the MAS....
Well put, BMC filters are so heavily oiled it my MAS on my porsche cayenne turbo was so messed up, dealership service couldn't find the problem for 3 days, until they found it cost me around 1500 to fix!!
Old 05-12-09, 10:06 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry
oh god, more k&n part numbers! j/k
thanks for the clarification. so what was the positive result that made you stick with k&n, or was it just a lack of negative results?
Well, the secondary roar increased some after installing the K&N drop-in. My strange mind equates that with more air flow

Lou
Old 05-12-09, 01:27 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Im still waiting for mine
Old 05-12-09, 03:03 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DFLORES
its a tube! yes smooth on the inside but most treat it like its the best thing since sliced bread! wow! ( meant nicely joez!)
Yes we all know its a tube, but a damn sexy one at it...LOL
Old 05-12-09, 05:57 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

I'm about to install mine. I've been busy and it's been sitting in the box. How long did this approximately take to install?
Old 05-12-09, 06:20 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

5-10 min Nick, it's ridiculously simple

Quick Reply: My JoeZ Intake...(pic inside)