IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My JoeZ Intake...(pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 06:20 PM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks joe and luis, my blue intake came in today!!! Woooot!
Old 05-13-09, 05:34 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by btwanky
Im still waiting for mine
Not to worry it will come.... Going back to the horsepower claims the Z intake gives about 5-6whp which equates to about 8-10 engine horsepower more or less.
Old 05-13-09, 08:35 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine on Monday and installed it right away, 10 minutes later I was test driving my car. My first impression is that throttle response gets better, quicker, apparently smoother and faster air flow. The intake noise is deeper now, slightly louder, the car sounds stronger. I'm extremely happy with it.

I'm one of the guys who experienced power loss and mpg with the K&N filter, after installing the OEM filter back and cleaning the MAS my car went back to normal.

The K&N Typhoon intake might be a good option, but we need independent dynos before getting into conclusions. I remember taking a look at the dyno chart on K&N's website and I think those 28HP are maximum increase, in other words the biggest increase possible at some point under the dyno curve. They don't show the peak HP for both runs, so we don't know what's the real increase. Nonetheless, that graph looks good!
Old 05-13-09, 12:52 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Juanca
I got mine on Monday and installed it right away, 10 minutes later I was test driving my car. My first impression is that throttle response gets better, quicker, apparently smoother and faster air flow. The intake noise is deeper now, slightly louder, the car sounds stronger. I'm extremely happy with it.

I'm one of the guys who experienced power loss and mpg with the K&N filter, after installing the OEM filter back and cleaning the MAS my car went back to normal.

The K&N Typhoon intake might be a good option, but we need independent dynos before getting into conclusions. I remember taking a look at the dyno chart on K&N's website and I think those 28HP are maximum increase, in other words the biggest increase possible at some point under the dyno curve. They don't show the peak HP for both runs, so we don't know what's the real increase. Nonetheless, that graph looks good!
Exactly a quicker throttle response, but after my break in period the car should adjust to the new air flow.
Old 05-13-09, 02:52 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
5-10 min Nick, it's ridiculously simple
It's install and was super easy. Wish everything was this easy I actually bought some hose clamps to have a tighter seal for the hoses that feed into the intake. I found that the factory clips were not good enough to hold it on. If there was a little grove or catch on the Joe Z intake they would work, however since the design is smooth, the tubes can slide off easily. Love the blue color!
Old 05-13-09, 03:02 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ngl1145
It's install and was super easy. Wish everything was this easy I actually bought some hose clamps to have a tighter seal for the hoses that feed into the intake. I found that the factory clips were not good enough to hold it on. If there was a little grove or catch on the Joe Z intake they would work, however since the design is smooth, the tubes can slide off easily. Love the blue color!
Hey Nick..

Glad it was easy for you!!

Do you mean the two vacuum lines??

Both of those are in a constant "suck" mode (w/engine on) and will never slide up or off as long as the little springs are locked in place..

But there is no harm in putting stronger mini hose clamps.

Joe Z
Old 05-13-09, 03:08 PM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Default Another happy JoeZ customer "intake"

Literally took under 10 min to install. Under 3800RPM car feels stock, although some say the throttle feels more responsive BUT past 3800RPM...:...WOW its louder and the car "feels faster" hehe

I was doing multiple test along a 2 mile stretch on a back road for at least 15 min. I think i just burned a 1/4 of my tank lol

Next mod...JoeZ exhaust?!

Last edited by DiauR1; 05-13-09 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-13-09, 03:12 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Congrats. I just got my intake today too and installed it. Took me around 10-15 minutes too. I also have the exhaust and it seems to make my exhaust not as deep but more throaty with the intake. Hard to feel the perfomance gains on it since it's just a pipe and very little hp gain. But in general sounds nice with the exhaust.
Old 05-13-09, 03:20 PM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISF-88
Congrats. I just got my intake today too and installed it. Took me around 10-15 minutes too. I also have the exhaust and it seems to make my exhaust not as deep but more throaty with the intake. Hard to feel the perfomance gains on it since it's just a pipe and very little hp gain. But in general sounds nice with the exhaust.
How do you like the exhaust? I recall someone mention with the exhaust you really cant hear that second intake. Is it true?
Old 05-13-09, 04:11 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

yup, the power band seems more evenly spread out. U won't hear the second intake port opening. Most cars are like that with vvti or Vtec. On my S2000 i had before i had i/h/e and I lost the vtec kick at 5800 rpms up to 9000. But generally u do get more power u just don't get the cool kick sound.
Old 05-13-09, 04:12 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

i WANNA GET MINE .. argh
Old 05-13-09, 04:59 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Hey Nick..

Glad it was easy for you!!

Do you mean the two vacuum lines??

Both of those are in a constant "suck" mode (w/engine on) and will never slide up or off as long as the little springs are locked in place..

But there is no harm in putting stronger mini hose clamps.

Joe Z
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your response. Yes they are the 2 vacuum lines. My right one was fine with the stock clip however I found that the left one was slipping out with very little effort. I solved that by getting some hose clamps! Great product Joe! Now I'll have to take pics despite people already posting tons of pics
Old 05-13-09, 07:16 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

mine is on order, as well as my exhaust!!! can't wait congrats on the installl!!!!
Old 05-13-09, 07:59 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by ngl1145
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your response. Yes they are the 2 vacuum lines. My right one was fine with the stock clip however I found that the left one was slipping out with very little effort. I solved that by getting some hose clamps! Great product Joe! Now I'll have to take pics despite people already posting tons of pics
Thanks for the feedback...

When I did mine last week, I squeezed the spring clamp off the hose to sorta make it smaller or tighter... Either way, glad your happy!!!

Looking forward to your creative pictures..

Joe Z
Old 05-14-09, 06:17 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Thanks for the feedback...

When I did mine last week, I squeezed the spring clamp off the hose to sorta make it smaller or tighter... Either way, glad your happy!!!

Looking forward to your creative pictures..

Joe Z

Joe you got the intake on your F already? Do you get a discount hehe? How about the exhaust?

Quick Reply: My JoeZ Intake...(pic inside)