Old 05-11-09, 03:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Looks good!
Old 05-11-09, 03:34 PM
TinCan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're so lucky!! I got mine today too...but they sent the wrong color!!
Old 05-11-09, 03:36 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good Initial impressions? Are you running an aftermarket filter as well?
Old 05-11-09, 04:55 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

I am still running the stock filter, I took the car for a test spin and I felt a quicker response under acceleration.
Old 05-11-09, 04:58 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

^Nice! Thanks and glad your enjoying it
Old 05-11-09, 07:31 PM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, I cant wait to get mine! I ordered the blue last week. How long did you have to wait?
Old 05-11-09, 07:51 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,934 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCan
You're so lucky!! I got mine today too...but they sent the wrong color!!
When I ordered mine, I didn't specify color. I was in the initial order after the prototypes were built. I didn't care about the color, so long as it was the JoeZ intake, and it was.

Lou

Mine is:
Attached Thumbnails My JoeZ Intake...(pic inside)-img_0451.jpg  
Old 05-11-09, 08:02 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I have a quick question for your guys? Im a newbie here and don't understand why everyone is ordering the JoeZ intake tube when K and N intake claims +28 Hp with their typhoon intake. I actually plan to order the K and N intake. Its a pretty solid company so I figure it cant be bad.
Old 05-11-09, 08:10 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
I have a quick question for your guys? Im a newbie here and don't understand why everyone is ordering the JoeZ intake tube when K and N intake claims +28 Hp with their typhoon intake. I actually plan to order the K and N intake. Its a pretty solid company so I figure it cant be bad.
oh my little new grasshopper...

because they already made a drop-filter which actually decrease people's hp and 1/4 mile numbers... besides, 28hp from an intake sounds to good to be true - another member posted IMO a good point - you really think lexus engineers overlooked almost 30 hp from a simple intake mod? i'll wait on the independent dyno's and 1/4 youtube video's first...

another company named srt already made remarkable claims on their intake which turned out to be false for the majority just a few months ago...

but of course, you can try it! please post pre- and post- dyno results so then i can be your little grasshopper...
Old 05-11-09, 10:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,934 Likes on 1,363 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry

because they already made a drop-filter which actually decrease people's hp and 1/4 mile numbers...
Notice the K&N sticker on my filter housing? Folks have reported a decrease in gas mileage and power with the K&N drop-in. I have not suffered this phenomena. My filter now has been on my F for 4K miles with no ill effects. I have used K&N filters for years.

BTW K&N does not make a drop-in filter for the F. The one I am using fits the F, but is sourced for various Volkswagen applications.

Lou
Old 05-11-09, 10:37 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Notice the K&N sticker on my filter housing? Folks have reported a decrease in gas mileage and power with the K&N drop-in. I have not suffered this phenomena. My filter now has been on my F for 4K miles with no ill effects. I have used K&N filters for years.

BTW K&N does not make a drop-in filter for the F. The one I am using fits the F, but is sourced for various Volkswagen applications.

Lou
hey lou,

sorry but i'm confused i guess... so some people lost power and mpg, fortunately you didn't? but was this suppose to increase any power or mpg by chance, and did that happen to you? or is this one of those that needs less cleaning or some other positive outcome? i had k&n before on another application with positive results, so i'm not trying to knock you or the company - i'm sure i read several posts about k&n oily filter messing up the map or something like that.

and the people who used K&N filters for their ISF's were suppose to be on VW's or you just did that? (just wondering if you had a different filter, which provided different results?)

thanks,

jerry

Last edited by malujerry; 05-11-09 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 11:46 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by malujerry

because they already made a drop-filter which actually decrease people's hp and 1/4 mile numbers... besides, 28hp from an intake sounds to good to be true - another member posted IMO a good point - you really think lexus engineers overlooked almost 30 hp from a simple intake mod? i'll wait on the independent dyno's and 1/4 youtube video's first...

another company named srt already made remarkable claims on their intake which turned out to be false for the majority just a few months ago...

but of course, you can try it! please post pre- and post- dyno results so then i can be your little grasshopper...
But the K and N website has a dyno chart for the Is F. I believe most car manufacture engineer's reason to choose not to put an intake in the car is because of the noise level. I dunno, K and N is not ebay cheapo stuff so Im pretty sure their R and D department must have did their homework before putting out the intake into the market. thats why Im confused why everyone is ordering the JoeZ intake tube. Okay, K and N claims 28 hp even if its a bad design or bs numbers, Im pretty sure its still gonna be more than 5 hp gain no matter what.
Old 05-11-09, 11:57 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
But the K and N website has a dyno chart for the Is F. I believe most car manufacture engineer's reason to choose not to put an intake in the car is because of the noise level. I dunno, K and N is not ebay cheapo stuff so Im pretty sure their R and D department must have did their homework before putting out the intake into the market. thats why Im confused why everyone is ordering the JoeZ intake tube. Okay, K and N claims 28 hp even if its a bad design or bs numbers, Im pretty sure its still gonna be more than 5 hp gain no matter what.
I don't have an IS-F, but if I did, I would order a JoeZ intake tube over a K&N intake. A company lying to you to try and persuade you buy their products should be a reason in itself not to buy it. JoeZ on the other hand has done great work for our cars (like his intakes and exhausts for ISX50 and ISF), and I am sure most people would trust his word on HP gains over K&N, which from what I have read has actually lost people HP...
Old 05-12-09, 06:54 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DiauR1
Looks great, I cant wait to get mine! I ordered the blue last week. How long did you have to wait?
I placed my order on April 17th. I am going let my maf sensor adjust to the increased airflow for the next 200 miles like Joe recommended.

Quick Reply: My JoeZ Intake...(pic inside)