IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Alternative to Rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-09, 02:08 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im on the order for the Entire Ventross Lip kit so Ill let you guys know, but again Im away so it may take a little time to get everything done! but as soon as it done
Old 05-31-09, 09:22 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was all set to spend about $1500 for the WALD rear diffuser but now that I see the VIP one, I'm leaning more and more to that clean look.

Anyone know if this diffuser will be produced? Also are those wheels in this picture real wheels or just a rendering?

Old 05-31-09, 10:20 AM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

s4play, the diffuser is conceptual and not in production. Not sure about the wheels though, but I have a feeling that it's conceptual too.
Old 06-01-09, 10:39 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
better pics please! and where can this item be obtained from? LOL does it come in Carbon??
Originally Posted by VSL-F
Yea, they just came out and Clark from VIP Autosalon said I'm the first to get one. So, I will definitely post pics once I install the Lexon diffuser. I sure hope it doesn't look like a thick fence... lol. I think a lot of it depends on what color car you have. I'm thinking with my black F, that it will blend in nicely and be subtle and sporty.
Originally Posted by verals05
looks hott... i want more pics!! argh

Javier
Old 06-20-09, 11:09 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CrazyTrain
s4play, the diffuser is conceptual and not in production. Not sure about the wheels though, but I have a feeling that it's conceptual too.

too bad it's only conceptual, that center rear piece is the most classy/aggressive mix for the IS-F so far. The others are either too subtle or too wild.

I do like the blue IS-F with the painted lower rear section - does someone have a close up picture? I wonder how this would look on a white car? I like using vinyl to test it first before doing paint!

rk
Old 06-21-09, 08:03 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

I don't believe that VIP will be producing that rear diffuser, not sure about the rims, im pretty sure you can find something similar to it!
Old 07-24-09, 01:56 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CrazyTrain
Yup I know sadly this is not a real part yet but hey let's get it made!

I am feeling this conceptual design more and more....this is how we get more ideas and if any vendor is listening, I'll be the first to buy this one if produced! The look will go well with my new theme and my exhaust tip project!

All the other rear diffusers so far either are too gaudy (Wald) or otherwise just looks cheap like Ebay add-ons....sorry I know some people feel different but just my 2 cents. I think this is why you don't see too many people sporting these diffusers.

In comparo look at the e92 m3 crowd - almost every guy who mods their cars are sporting the CF diffuser! (must be a reason why and it's not price)
Old 07-24-09, 03:02 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

The problem is that a true rear diffuser needs to start UNDER the car and be incorporated into the bumper design. Because our cars bumper runs vertically straight down you would need to cut out a portion of the stock bumper to have a piece that fits like the conceptual bumper. If you look at the drawing or any picture of a true diffuser you see that they wrap under the car. That is why all of the current rear diffuser options for the IS-F stick ONTO the face of the rear bumper and actually stick out and really look like bulky(like the Wald) add ons. If you look under your rear bumper there is a slight diffuser there, but by no means is this an aesthetic piece and purely for function only. If you want a TRUE rear diffuser you either need to chop up the rear bumper or replace the entire piece with a diffuser incorporated into the design.
Old 07-26-09, 10:35 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FNMUPN8
The problem is that a true rear diffuser needs to start UNDER the car and be incorporated into the bumper design. Because our cars bumper runs vertically straight down you would need to cut out a portion of the stock bumper to have a piece that fits like the conceptual bumper. If you look at the drawing or any picture of a true diffuser you see that they wrap under the car. That is why all of the current rear diffuser options for the IS-F stick ONTO the face of the rear bumper and actually stick out and really look like bulky(like the Wald) add ons. If you look under your rear bumper there is a slight diffuser there, but by no means is this an aesthetic piece and purely for function only. If you want a TRUE rear diffuser you either need to chop up the rear bumper or replace the entire piece with a diffuser incorporated into the design.

thanks for your helpful response - I agree with what you are saying but there are ways to make the diffuser look less "tacked" on. I've seen the Vortsteiner e92 m3 diffusers and they are also added onto the rear bumper but it's more subtle and cleaner. I actually have no problem cutting my rear bumper if the piece flows with the car either....
Old 10-08-09, 11:24 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by primecut
Thanks for posting all the options Joe Z.. The WALD one is wild, but IMO you need a pretty aggressive setup on the whole car to pull it off.

I'm really leaning towards this option now. I think it looks good for a more conservative setup:

Hey Primecut, where did you find this picture? Do you have a larger close-up shot of this car? thanks!

PS: FNMUPN8, I have no problem cutting my rear bumper to achieve this LOOK!
Old 10-08-09, 11:48 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's the video to that ISF...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SktYAwjr2aM
Old 10-09-09, 05:39 AM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

pretty sure he just painted lower portion of stock bumper black
Old 10-09-09, 10:40 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^yeah im with u! on black were kinda limited! i like the black roofs others are doing too but we are out of luck!
Old 10-09-09, 12:28 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
^^^yeah im with u! on black were kinda limited! i like the black roofs others are doing too but we are out of luck!
Nah, I wouldn't necessarily say that.

Despite you having a black car, a rear diffuser can be easily noticed if it's in a matte black, or CF material. Trust me.

We still need more possibilities though. What's out right now, isn't enough.....
Old 10-09-09, 12:35 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FNMUPN8
pretty sure he just painted lower portion of stock bumper black
thanks, this thread has given me some ideas on how how I want to approach this project for a Starfire color IS-F!

Time to get started.........

Quick Reply: Alternative to Rear Diffuser