IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Look who is selling there ISF TT on Ebay!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 11:05 AM
PsyFi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if someone at artisan really made those kinds of comments, that just makes the whole company look bad, and in the wrong business.
Agreed. Why badmouth the guy to other customers? Whatever the seller's financial situation, I don't think its any of their concern nor do they need to ridicule the guy behind his back.
Old 06-05-09, 11:55 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
what do you mean that makes the whole company look bad and they are in the wrong business? I dont understand what you meant by that.
Originally Posted by CRB
I suspect that he means when a company that exists to modify high-end automobile trashes a customer by calling them "kind of dumb" they are in the position of damaging their own reputation with potential future customers.
CRB is correct in "guessing" what i meant. My thought process was who else but someone with "new" money would but this? If I had the money for a $65k car plus $30k on aftermarket parts, I'd rather buy a new $90k car and spend the leftover $5k on small mods so I would have better reliability, better exclusivity, and less risk of looking like a ricey car show that a younger person would more likely do, but that's my cup of tea.

So what I meant was, the company should expect someone with got easy cash/credit would (in my judgement) more likely buy this kit, and they should not have made any negative comments about a paying customer. Who did they think would buy this, Warren Buffet and Donald Trump?

Back to the guy selling, who knows what is really going on. His profile says he's 21, engaged, with a kid, the posts between him and his some of friends suggest he's a cocaine drug dealer. The pictures of him show the typically lifestyle of someone his age with a decent amount of money and the pictures of his closer friends show that they don't own cars anywhere close to what he has. I believe I even saw a comment that he was sponsored, so who knows if he really spent all that money. Someone here messaged him and busted him on incorrect information, and so on. I guess I could use up more time and make wild imaginative speculations of what is going on, but who cares - other than the buyer of that car.

Originally Posted by crazee201
I don't know how E-bay works but look at the bid history. Something looks kinda fishy there. Oh yeah and if this "21yr old" gets a GT-R over the F he'll probably use the launch control (which will void the transmission warranty) and try to to sell it back out saying that he "baby" it.
I thought they changed the launch control issue for the new year model?

Last edited by malujerry; 06-05-09 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-05-09, 12:12 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its only at 55k now and looks like no reserve? I would take it for that
Old 06-05-09, 12:14 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by malujerry
I thought they changed the launch control issue for the new year model?
They did and updated all the 2009 models too.
Old 06-05-09, 12:34 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I bet you that he told one of his "boys" to bid on his car, he is not selling that car for $56k. We all know it, lol
Old 06-05-09, 12:57 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

If that is his friend, the seller will still have to pay ebay listing fees and selling fees.
Old 06-05-09, 01:13 PM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fleadog99
If that is his friend, the seller will still have to pay ebay listing fees and selling fees.
He can report the "winner" as a deadbeat buyer and not have to pay the fees, if I remember correctly.
Old 06-05-09, 01:22 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PsyFi
Agreed. Why badmouth the guy to other customers? Whatever the seller's financial situation, I don't think its any of their concern nor do they need to ridicule the guy behind his back.
well to go back on what i said... and not defending anybody... I said that the statement was from a unnamed GUY. It was just a guy i talked to, an employee. I just dont want anyone coming back and saying that company sucks from my words. Regardless... hope the best for the seller and any buyer.
Old 06-05-09, 03:44 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

well to go back on what i said... and not defending anybody... I said that the statement was from a unnamed GUY. It was just a guy i talked to, an employee. I just dont want anyone coming back and saying that company sucks from my words. Regardless... hope the best for the seller and any buyer.
LOL, no worries. I wasn't planning to do business with them or even talk about the company, so hopefully I won't let the cat out the bag.
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-09, 05:56 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

idk what else to say about this guy!
Old 06-07-09, 08:07 AM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

What did I tell you? His car is on ebay again already. Told you his boys bidded on his car.
Old 06-07-09, 12:11 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

I bet he lost all the money!!
Old 06-08-09, 07:54 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CRB
I suspect that he means when a company that exists to modify high-end automobile trashes a customer by calling them "kind of dumb" they are in the position of damaging their own reputation with potential future customers.

An analog would be that you go in for some work at a local mechanic and he regales you with tales of your he took "some idiot" for a few thousand dollars by doing work that wasn't necessary. The bottom line is, the following week you might be the "idiot".
I said the same thing and the super heros of cl came to his defense. They said I was hating, lol I knew that artisian seen a sucker who came up on some cash with no common sense and took his cash.
Old 06-08-09, 11:31 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by japspec
I said the same thing and the super heros of cl came to his defense. They said I was hating, lol I knew that artisian seen a sucker who came up on some cash with no common sense and took his cash.
dude youre just dumb... thats all i can say.
Old 06-08-09, 04:52 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

dude youre just dumb... thats all i can say.
Looks like somebody is on their period. If I was dumb this thread would be about me but its not. LOL 30k turbo kit lmao I got a 30k carrot chopper for sale anybody interested.

Quick Reply: Look who is selling there ISF TT on Ebay!!