Unwanted attention

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09 | 07:00 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by carLx
hahaha the 335i's think they can keep up? this has been done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doiUnMocw0U
I'd be careful of the new 335s with the Dinan stage 2.
Old 06-12-09 | 07:20 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

DEF. must be your area.. i dont get any if that even with my tag
<---------
Old 06-12-09 | 08:39 AM
nuttybar08
Driver

All of the interest/interactions I've had so far have been positive. Never had anyone rev on me so far but have had drivers rush up beside me to get a look at the car.

It may help that I'm older (45) and also that my F is still the only one I've seen in my area which makes it somewhat of a novelty, even at the dealership.
Old 06-12-09 | 12:20 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

I mean, think about it.

It's so tempting. For example, I was heading west on the 405 the other day, what come's flying next to me, a lp640. Well, even though I know this car has 500+hp, the thought occurs to me, should I try it, should I jump on his @ss?

Why, cause it seems like it would be fun to see how fast he can take off, LOL... but in the end I held back a little bit, because I didn't feel like doing 140 on the freeway... That particular morning

Point being, you have to understand, some cars just wana have a little fun, I'm sure if you just drove slow, they would move on.

Yes, it is annoying when some IDIOT, is revving at you with this 1985 Nissan, then that's like WTF dude are you serious?

Get a bull horn for idiots like that
Old 06-12-09 | 01:36 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Sorry your having unwanted attention, it happens to everyone. Like it's been said, blow them off and just move on, it's going to happen
Old 06-12-09 | 01:54 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

oh come on, you never challenged a better/faster car?

at least you didn't suffer the unwanted cop attention, i did 3x within a month one more time, and i'll have to switch over back to a texas license to avoid the point penalties of new york
Old 06-12-09 | 05:51 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I think it's cool sometimes when lesser cars want a piece. I can respect the fact that if a guy has a nice civic, so be it. Rock what you got! I'll show em what the F has. Becuase if I/we don't, who will? Always safe, nothing remotely near traffic. At the strip too. To be honest, here in Chicago I don't get any of the driving up and revving crap. But I'll admit, if I see an M3 or nicer vette, exotic etc... I'll be the first to act like a little kid. I just love my autos
Old 06-12-09 | 09:33 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I think it's cool sometimes when lesser cars want a piece. I can respect the fact that if a guy has a nice civic, so be it. Rock what you got! I'll show em what the F has. Becuase if I/we don't, who will? Always safe, nothing remotely near traffic. At the strip too. To be honest, here in Chicago I don't get any of the driving up and revving crap. But I'll admit, if I see an M3 or nicer vette, exotic etc... I'll be the first to act like a little kid. I just love my autos
I still haven't had the chance to run an M3 yet.

But I agree with you....what's the point of having a +400 hp car if you're not going to drive it like you stole it once in a while?
Old 06-12-09 | 11:45 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

You think the attention is bad with the ISF? multiply that times 10 for the GTR. People here in my town really dont know much about the ISF. Most think it is a kitted IS. But those that do know about it try to pace me.

The GTR is a completely different story. Every mustang, civic, BMW paces, revs me. Women and Guys are always taking pics and this happens everytime I drive it. Even tonight for instance I am just cruising along in the left lane passing slower cars when I notice a mustang ahead of me. He must have seen or noticed I was driving the GTR and starts to slow down until i get almost on his rear bumper and then while I am behind him floors it and takes off. I guess he thought I was going to follow him but I didnt. So this lasted for at least another 4-5 times all of which I never followed but Very annoying and very unsafe considering the amount of traffic and speeds he was achieving.
Take it to the track no need to risk others lives
Old 06-13-09 | 10:54 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

I followed a Bugatti Veyron once to the Santana Row meet on Saturday ~ while I was still drooling over just the sight of the car and thinking how cool it is to follow the guy and hear his engine, I suddenly realized it was a bad idea to be behind him!

Everyone (busy Saturday morning) was mesmerized as well with the Bugatti and didn't even see me with people walking in front/cutting in front of me like I was invisible. But the guy took the time to answer every stupid question I had and was a cool guy.

Attention comes with nice cars so if you don't like the attention, get a Buick!
Old 06-13-09 | 12:57 PM
larrysb
Driver

Gee, just try driving a new Corvette around. Holy smokes, I got attention challenges from pimple-faced teenagers in 1984 Ford Fairmont wagons and every idiot in a rice-rod.

The worst thing is this little trick of the fly-by and run-off on the shoulder. The jerk will zoom around you on a freeway, hit brakes right in front of you, speed up ahead and drive in the should to throw rocks.

The ISF is down right stealthy by comparison. Not that many people even know what it is.
Old 06-13-09 | 01:09 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by larrysb

The ISF is down right stealthy by comparison. Not that many people even know what it is.

That is one of the things I like most about this car. It really suprises a lot of people when you get on it.

Last edited by hwy1isf; 06-13-09 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-13-09 | 01:51 PM
Wunko
Racer

Originally Posted by gemini1
Show some class.
It's tempting. But, don't stoop to their level...
Just drive on........

Good way of putting it.
Old 06-13-09 | 03:05 PM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

The funny thing with me is that the bad attention I get are from IS300 drivers. There's no Lexus love. They try challenging me, but I never give them the satisfaction. Every other driver I've encountered has been friendly and respectful.
Old 06-13-09 | 03:26 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Like so much, just to be ignored.

Quick Reply: Unwanted attention