IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

G8 GXP or IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-09, 10:24 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the G8 looks sweet. but id rather have the new Camaro SS. you can also fit the ZR1 engine on it.
Old 06-14-09, 12:30 PM
jimmyjazz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juice14
the G8 looks sweet. but id rather have the new Camaro SS. you can also fit the ZR1 engine on it.
You can do that do a G8 too, the engine bays are almost idenitcle. Or, you can just buy a MaggnaCharger, Kenne Bell, or Procharger, again saving loads of money. Also, the Aussie's make two (that I know of) twin turbo setups. The back seat and the trunk on the new Camaro are really small!
Old 06-14-09, 02:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jimmyjazz
You can do that do a G8 too, the engine bays are almost idenitcle. Or, you can just buy a MaggnaCharger, Kenne Bell, or Procharger, again saving loads of money. Also, the Aussie's make two (that I know of) twin turbo setups. The back seat and the trunk on the new Camaro are really small!
Exactly, the GXP can be modded very easily, one of the benefits to old school muscle.

IS-Fly168 its clear you don't like the G8 but I find it to be one of the best looking sedans today. QUite frankly that is how the 5 series should have looked. It looks NOTHING like a G6, the proportions are completely different.

Old 06-14-09, 02:58 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Exactly, the GXP can be modded very easily, one of the benefits to old school muscle.

IS-Fly168 its clear you don't like the G8 but I find it to be one of the best looking sedans today. QUite frankly that is how the 5 series should have looked. It looks NOTHING like a G6, the proportions are completely different.
lol, yeah, I dont like it, it looks fugly to me but hey, whatever rocks your boat. I do however really like the dodge charger srt8, that thing looks really nice to me but only in certain color, not that orange or lime green ****. lol Its very obvious that the G8 and G6 are not the same car, Im just speaking from a non car enthusiast point of view, the same person that asks if the IsF is a kitted Is350. The new camaro looks pretty alright to me too, especially in yellow like the one in the transformer movie. Believe it or not, I actually liked the Pontiac Gto back then but the G8 is straight up fugly to me. Sorry if I sound like an hater. lol
Old 06-15-09, 12:54 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

When i looked for a performance car the IS-F was really low on my list. Even though I'm a lexus fan. The IS-F looks great and sounds great but it's not "dedicated" to me. I mean I would take the C63 AMG or the M3 over the Lexus anyday. I saw an IS-F getting laughed at driving around. From close inspection it's pretty funny for some people especially the exhaust tips. To show-offy. And to the guy who things the G8 and G6 look like alike? wtf whered u get that they dont look anything alike to me but hey whatever you think.
Old 06-15-09, 02:17 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lamar411
When i looked for a performance car the IS-F was really low on my list. Even though I'm a lexus fan. The IS-F looks great and sounds great but it's not "dedicated" to me. I mean I would take the C63 AMG or the M3 over the Lexus anyday. I saw an IS-F getting laughed at driving around. From close inspection it's pretty funny for some people especially the exhaust tips. To show-offy. And to the guy who things the G8 and G6 look like alike? wtf whered u get that they dont look anything alike to me but hey whatever you think.
Im speaking in the eyes of a non car enthusiast person, Im speaking for the type of ppl that actually ask if the isF is just a kitted is350 or is250, I clearly stated that in my post. IM not freaking blind or retarded. I can tell the difference between a G6 and a G8.
Old 06-15-09, 02:30 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Here is a link to a mini review I did on the GXP:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...nd-review.html
Old 06-15-09, 02:32 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

I'd take a G8 over an IS-F any day. 4.5 vs 4.8? No contest. I mean, the F is not even faster than an IS350, as shown in the youtube video. Also, the F is not a dedicated performance car like the G8. And the exhaust? My buddies laugh at it all day. Nice cars should have real exhaust design. In fact, I'm gonna save me 30k and get a Cobalt SS instead. At least the Cobalt has a real exhaust! And a magazine said it was faster around a track, too.
Old 06-15-09, 04:01 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Am I missing something here? Owners of IsF are saying they will take the G8 over the IsF??? Wtf are you doing here then? trade in your IsF and enjoy your G8, IM pretty sure you will have plenty of money remaining to mod it too... Im sorry if I sound like an ***, but this is a Lexus Forum, so what kind of respond do you expect to have? Its like posting on a Pontiac forum asking about the IsF compared to their G8, Im pretty sure they will talk alot **** about our IsF. Might as well compare the new Hyundai Genesis sedan to the IsF. since the genesis is so luxurious. I might as well start posts everywhere, comparing the IsF with a dodge neon, they both have 4 doors. and post the isf vs a dodge ram srt 8. or the isF vs a chevy cobalt since it has a real exhaust. dude.....
Old 06-15-09, 04:02 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by primecut
I'd take a G8 over an IS-F any day. 4.5 vs 4.8? No contest. I mean, the F is not even faster than an IS350, as shown in the youtube video. Also, the F is not a dedicated performance car like the G8. And the exhaust? My buddies laugh at it all day. Nice cars should have real exhaust design. In fact, I'm gonna save me 30k and get a Cobalt SS instead. At least the Cobalt has a real exhaust! And a magazine said it was faster around a track, too.
sacarism is

why was this asked, why is this on club lexus, why are people without a G8 and/or ISF even talking about this? god, close this ghey thread, it doesn't even have funny responses like the other stupid threads.

Last edited by malujerry; 06-15-09 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-15-09, 04:37 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

You can't ask this question in Lexus forum. You will get biased answers, not considering comparing bankrupt American vs. Japanese Luxury car. Not only that... who would pay $40K for an American car?
Old 06-15-09, 06:26 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Thank you, finally, words out of true Lexus fans. I thought I was lost for a minute. First it was the camaro and now the G8.
Old 06-15-09, 09:14 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Talking american vs japanese

dojoman , GM is not dissolved , it's in chapter 11 .
And by the way I've spent $80,000 grand canadian on a American fully loaded cadillac 2009 CTS - V ! And I can say without any hesitation that it was well worth it !!! Nothing in my opinion after doing several test comparison's comes close to the CTS- V in it's price class .
Old 06-15-09, 09:19 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
dojoman , GM is not dissolved , it's in chapter 11 .
And by the way I've spent $80,000 grand canadian on a American fully loaded cadillac 2009 CTS - V ! And I can say without any hesitation that it was well worth it !!! Nothing in my opinion after doing several test comparison's comes close to the CTS- V in it's price class .
much better comparison. please hijack this thread by adding american muscle sexy time pictures/video's
Old 06-15-09, 09:45 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The cars sounds sick, other than that, to get it up to spec would take huge sums of money (racing spec)

Quick Reply: G8 GXP or IS-F