IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

G8 GXP or IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-09, 01:10 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lamar411
Lexus is not known for there performance cars. Pontiac is. I mean thats really important to me. Anyways all the luxury and amenties I bet a lot of IS-F owners dont use everything that comes with the car. And wow didnt expect so much feedback!
Pontiac and performance cars should not be used in the same sentence. Lets not confuse performance cars vs performance oriented cars. I wouldn't say just b/c they put a vette engine and tweaked suspension in the G8, that makes it a performance car, but rather a performance oriented car. Cars like the ISF and M3, C63, RS4 were specifically fine tuned on tracks for track use. Would I consider them track cars, no, but they are very capable of being one. More so than a G8 GXP. Even if 90% of F, M and AMG cars never make it to a track, that is irrelevant.

With the whole bankruptcy thing aside, I have never and prob will never consider a pontiac, not really sure why. I think its because if I ever went American it would be a Shelby Mustang or a vette. I've seen a few on the road and the only color I can take looking at is white.

I can't think of any ammenities in my ISF that I have not utilized, so I don't know what your are talking about there.
Old 06-18-09, 01:17 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

I would rather drive a G8 GXP on a track then a IS-F. The G8 is just more experienced at being a performance car. (or thats what i think). Lexus is known for its luxury cars not for driving fast.
Old 06-18-09, 01:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,997 Likes on 2,421 Posts

I would rather drive a G8 GXP on a track then a IS-F. The G8 is just more experienced at being a performance car. (or thats what i think). Lexus is known for its luxury cars not for driving fast.
So what's your point here? I'm having trouble understanding what you wanted to know, and I can only see this thread getting locked very quickly with the kind of responses I can smell coming to this last statement.
Old 06-18-09, 01:56 PM
ISFHAHA
Check your PM - SALES ISSUE

This thread is about getting a G8 or IS-F. Im trying to give out my personal opinion. Pontiac is a cheap American brand compare to Lexus which is almost the most expensive Japanese brand. I dont care how fast G8 was ( 0-60 2.6s ? ) or how good handling (better than vette ZR1 ? ). I will never buy a pontiac over a lexus.
Old 06-18-09, 02:01 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
So what's your point here? I'm having trouble understanding what you wanted to know, and I can only see this thread getting locked very quickly with the kind of responses I can smell coming to this last statement.
it was clear from the beginning nothing positive was coming out of this thread. i think most owners have been trying to restrain themselves from what they would really like to say. so close it before i go ask why buy an rx when you can have a sante fe, or camry when you can have a optima, or why buy a gs when you can get a genesis.
Old 06-18-09, 04:22 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I can read what you are writing, but there is absolutely no justification behind the words. Pontiac G8 aimed more at being a performance car than the ISF. Lexus may be known for luxury, but Pontiac is known for, well, nothing to be quite honest. I have given up on this topic
Old 06-18-09, 04:33 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Old 06-18-09, 07:38 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Sorry Lamar411, you really do not have any idea what the ISF is capable of on the track. I have run mine at MSR 3.1 mile closed track south of Houston during a track day. I could keep up with new stock Dodge vipers. There is no way a G8 could stay anywhere close to me.

At the strip I also run quicker times and higher speeds in the 1/4 mile. The G8 has slightly over 400 crank horseower (GM LS3). With the Joe Z exhaust my ISF dyno'd 380 rwhp which translates into roughly 455 crank horsepower.

Pat
Old 06-18-09, 08:48 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

FPR1939 in all due respect but when you say :"I could keep up with new stock Dodge vipers" , either you are racing with absolutely lousy vipers drivers , or you've modified you is-f in every aspect as far as chassis and suspension .Otherwise , there is no way you would be able to "keep up" with a half decent driver of a stock viper on a track.
I have driven an is-f and it handles well for a sedan but my 09 cts-v handles definitely better , and there is no way I can keep up with a new viper anymore than a C6 Z06 vette - which was my previous car .
I personally wouldn't put a g8 in my garage , and the is-f is in another class .
Old 06-18-09, 11:59 PM
LexFather

. Lexus is known for its luxury cars not for driving fast.

Old 06-20-09, 11:57 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Hope this gets closed down soon. Some very heated repsonses. But I did this to see how the IS-F owners were defending there rides since im looking for either the IS-F or G8. But even after all this i'm still leaning toward the G8.
Old 06-20-09, 03:27 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Pontiac, what comes up instantly????????????????? The Aztek....... LOL Go Pontiac!!!!
Old 06-20-09, 04:15 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,352 Posts

But even after all this i'm still leaning toward the G8.
Well, go with God my friend.

Lou
Old 06-20-09, 04:17 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope this gets closed down soon. Some very heated repsonses. But I did this to see how the IS-F owners were defending there rides since im looking for either the IS-F or G8. But even after all this i'm still leaning toward the G8.
I dont understand that! u own lexus vehicles now, see how well they perform your after year and now your looking at a g8 vs an is-f? kinda weird or maybe you did this for attention? if you want nasty fast get a GTR or Z06. dont get either or maybe its money and the fact that pontiac is being closed down and maybe you want a vehicle that is not made anymore? i really dont know why you would even compare the 2! serious go get a Z06 im gonna get the gtr next or the z06 and i know they both drive great on and off the track! i drove both! good luck!

P.S. we whom own a IS-F dont have to defend them! we all love them and enjoy a quality vehicle! I would never own a pontiac unless it was free or a 1972 pontiac trans am!

Last edited by LEXUSF; 06-20-09 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-20-09, 04:26 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

WTF did you expect?

You make a retarded comparison and then expect to have F owners suggest buying the Pontiac?

If you were talking about an M3/RS4/C63 or even a CTS-V/GT-R there is a conversation worth having.....this however, is a total waste of thread space.

Enjoy your car from a company known for crappy cars that no longer exists.

Quick Reply: G8 GXP or IS-F