ISS Performance IS-F QES Street / Track Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-09, 12:11 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem!

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Ah, ok didn't notice your correction, I had just read the 75 lbs. Thanks.

Javier
Old 07-04-09, 01:56 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ISSForged
Our system makes more Power then the Joe-Z System.
Your probably going to need more than one dyno run with direct comparison of your exhaust and the JoeZ exhaust on the SAME car to validate that claim.
Old 07-04-09, 02:10 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

There will be more dyno pulls as more systems are installed... We did 3 Dyno pulls on the same car and we will get a more accurate number doing multiple cars then Dynoing the same car over and over. If anyone in the Miami area is interested in a system and is willing to let us do before and after numbers PM me and we will give you an additional discount and throw in free installation.

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 07-04-09 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-04-09, 02:35 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cough cough, ill be down to dispute the claims!
Old 07-04-09, 02:38 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

That's what I'm talking about.... Give me a call...
Old 07-04-09, 02:42 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

walking the dog. ill give you a call after. its hard to hold an english bulldog puppy a beer and an iphone.
Old 07-04-09, 02:49 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-09, 03:29 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Nice work with the Quad Muffler Exhaust Design Janoy!!! Great Alternative..

And most of all Great Post!!

Any plans on posting Dyno Pulls in the correct Gear & Graphing it SAE corrected, with smoothing set to 5??

As a Suggestion, before any more direct claims of "more power" are made, some more proper dyno time should be dialed in. Before & After.

Including considering using a Dynojet for the direct comparo, Dynoing a version of your system with resonators and following parameters practiced by just about all the members that have independently tested there IS-F here on Club Lexus.

No need to add weight to our exhaust, as it only weighs 64 lbs (with resonators), compared to the stock exhaust, which only weighs 70 lbs..
We used certified scales during R&D.
We do not consider the exhaust diffusers attached to the bumper as part of the "built" exhaust system. So in essence, you can subtract the weight saved be removing the diffusers. But your built exhaust weight is what it is. It will increase/decrease with the addition/removal of resonators and/or secondary cats.

I am very sure our system will pass the smog sniffer test as well.
BUT, anytime you modify just about the entire emissions system, that can be a SMOG issue visually in any State.
That is why it is sold with an "Off Road Use Only Disclaimer".

Not sure of any cons with our system.

Thanks Again for your post.

Respectively,

Joe Z

Happy 4th of July!!

OK so I need to come out and say this. We could have built a product just like the Joe-Z exhaust, gone after same customer base and try to compete against them... But we didn't. We introduced something completely different to give ISF owners a choice. If you don't like our tips then the system I recommencement to use is the JoeZ exhaust. It looks like a great exhaust and they seem to have done their homework. If you want something different then the stock tips... ISS Forged is the way to go. There are pros and cons to both systems but both ISS Forged and Joe-Z make a great product. We are even looking to add the Joe-Z Intake pipe to some of our customers car to see the gains as I respect their product and will not be making an intake pipe like that. Both system are completely different and are this product fills a void for ISF owners.

Our system is 2lbs heavier then the Joe-Z system.

Our system is louder then the Joe-Z system

Our system makes more Power then the Joe-Z System.

Our System does not use the stock Tips.

Our system has A Smog Test pipe ( Coming Soon )

I hope this help clearing things up with everyone trying to make a direct comparison to the Joe-Z system. Both product are here to expand the ability of your ISF and are great quality product.
Old 07-04-09, 03:59 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Joe i believe they were asking about the axle back clearing a visual inspection (IIRC)
Old 07-04-09, 04:01 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
yes it will

Originally Posted by max90034
Will the street version pass smog check in CA (including visual)? Any plans to get it certified for CA? This would solve the major issue stopping me from getting any of the other available systems.
Jay,

Do you have any idea how much it cost to CARB Certify an entire Exhaust system??

In order to pass a true visual inspection. You will need a bunch of approval codes on said system components and certification documentation.

Truth is, when you modify an entire exhaust system, it is up to your individual States SMOG testing parameters, on whether you will pass or fail. Including the technician, that does the actual test..
If you pass the sniffer and your not too loud, they usually have no reason to look for a modified exhaust system..
They tend to mainly look and make sure the main primary cats are in place..

Generally, if you don't pass the sniffer test, you are just about SOL anyways...

CA has a 5-6 year smog testing rule on new cars. So unless you plan to get early smog tests done, its nothing you need to worry about now.
Now if you get pulled over for unsafe driving and a friendly officer notices your modified exhaust, he may send you to a state referee for a full smog inspection...
Showing up with the stock exhaust is usually a safer bet in these cases..

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 07-04-09, 04:17 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

We dynoed the car on a Dynojet as you can see on the Dyno sheet. According to your Dyno pulls you got better numbers out of 6th gear right?

There are pros and cons to everything done on a car. To say there is are no cons to anything aftermarket is a very bold statement and very optimistic of you. LOL... It could be as much as your wife saying I liked it the way it was before...

I actually just got off the phone with someone that is going to loan me an ISF to dyno on several different dyno's before and after. I think they also have your intake piping and would like to see the combination of both products together. Should be SICK!

I believe you when you say that your exhaust is 64lbs, but did you add the exhaust tips that are on the car when you weighed it. The ones not included in you system, but are needed for the car to look complete. We also remove a heat shield shedding additional weight.( Like nothing ) You know better then anyone that one or two lbs are not going to change the performance on a car. If this were true we would all be on diets trying to loose as much unnecessary weight as possible. Good bye to the drivers manual and any other useless things hanging out in the car.

YOUR SYSTEM IS LIGHTER.... I am not arguing with you. If you want to start removing the tips to make it lighter take that up with your clients. But apples to apples it needs to be weighed with the stock exhaust tips.

I will pull the numbers in both SAE and STD. Before and after, with your pipe and without your pipe on a Mustang Dyno, Dyno Jet, and a Dyno Dynamics to make sure I cover any other concerns. If there is anything you would like to see PM me and it will be my pleasure. We are both here for the same reason. TO GO FAST

As I stated before I am not here to compete against you. If I was, I would have bought your system, sent it to China and sold it for half the price. I don't need the money...This is my passion and do this out of passion. The money is what funds the R&D that make it possible to create new products. If it were about the money the truck would have been here full of over seas discounted systems.

If you would ever like to do some work together or some R&D in Miami, hit me up. I would also like to distribute your product in Miami as some customers do not want to change the stock tips and I will not be releasing a system that will use the stock tips.

Peace Joe Z and Happy 4th....
Old 07-04-09, 04:56 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

We dynoed the car on a Dynojet as you can see on the Dyno sheet. According to your Dyno pulls you got better numbers out of 6th gear right?

There are pros and cons to everything done on a car. To say there is are no cons to anything aftermarket is a very bold statement and very optimistic of you. LOL... It could be as much as your wife saying I liked it the way it was before...

I actually just got off the phone with someone that is going to loan me an ISF to dyno on several different dyno's before and after. I think they also have your intake piping and would like to see the combination of both products together. Should be SICK!

I believe you when you say that your exhaust is 64lbs, but did you add the exhaust tips that are on the car when you weighed it. The ones not included in you system, but are needed for the car to look complete. We also remove a heat shield shedding additional weight.( Like nothing ) You know better then anyone that one or two lbs are not going to change the performance on a car. If this were true we would all be on diets trying to loose as much unnecessary weight as possible. Good bye to the drivers manual and any other useless things hanging out in the car.

YOUR SYSTEM IS LIGHTER.... I am not arguing with you. If you want to start removing the tips to make it lighter take that up with your clients. But apples to apples it needs to be weighed with the stock exhaust tips.

I will pull the numbers in both SAE and STD. Before and after, with your pipe and without your pipe on a Mustang Dyno, Dyno Jet, and a Dyno Dynamics to make sure I cover any other concerns. If there is anything you would like to see PM me and it will be my pleasure. We are both here for the same reason. TO GO FAST

As I stated before I am not here to compete against you. If I was, I would have bought your system, sent it to China and sold it for half the price. I don't need the money...This is my passion and do this out of passion. The money is what funds the R&D that make it possible to create new products. If it were about the money the truck would have been here full of over seas discounted systems.

If you would ever like to do some work together or some R&D in Miami, hit me up. I would also like to distribute your product in Miami as some customers do not want to change the stock tips and I will not be releasing a system that will use the stock tips.

Peace Joe Z and Happy 4th....

Thanks Again for the kind words Janoy!!

Yes, 6th gear represents 1:1 gear ratio for the IS-F..

Your Dynojet parameters should be 6th gear, SAE corrected and smoothing set to 5. Simply enough..
That’s what will best represent valid RWHP gains...

Also, the cold start or cool down runs should not be used in your data findings...
During an 8 minute engine shut down & re-start, we generated a 17rwhp gain during our testing phase.. We obviously did not use that dyno, otherwise we would of had a 39 rwhp gain from just the exhaust.. LoL

Also, don't waste any more time or funds on other dyno testing machines.
- The DynoJet is widely used in this industry and here on CL.

The exhaust diffusers/tips are part of the bumper and were not weighed with the OEM exhaust, as we did not modify that part of Lexus' design.

Ditto on possibly working together... Let me know if your ever in SoCal!!

Glad your here offering different products for us F owners!!

Many Regards,

Joe Z
Old 07-04-09, 05:42 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Thanks Joe,

You know how it is... Everyone has something else they want to see and don't understand Dyno Jets are the way to go. I have a friend with a Mustang and would really like to see the numbers there. Just incase someone comes up with the "you should have done it on a Mustang Dyno" .... LOL

Joe thanks again for the hospitality and I will contact you on Monday to set something up. The customer with the silver IS-F asked me for your intake pipe.

Janoy
Old 07-04-09, 06:11 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

but the customer with the black is-f is where its at lol. Man i still cant get over how nice that exhaust sounded. i went to the event at SAT in Ft. lauderdale and i wish i was able to show off your work.
Old 07-04-09, 07:58 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

LOL... I was there too... I got there like at 12:30 and the wife called at 1:30 so you know how it is.

Did you see that place.. Crazy...

Quick Reply: ISS Performance IS-F QES Street / Track Exhaust