Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks Crazy!
Old 07-17-09, 08:54 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we might need to add a K&N intake into the mix and see if we can squeeze some more hp out of the old beast.
Old 07-17-09, 11:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am impressed for anyone to pull that much ower from an exhaust system. I would do it in 2 seconds if I had an ISF to run with the C63 guys
Old 07-18-09, 10:58 AM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

whats the price
Old 07-18-09, 01:47 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I like a system with functionality and flexibility, thanks for that!

Originally Posted by ISSForged
No in the Area has it. YET...

Yes the system will be in full stainless mandrel bent piping. The difference is that the first 5 systems will not have the ISS engraved on the tips. Also the under piping will not be Polished. Purely ascetic but not noticeable unless your under the car.

I wouldn't like to call it test mules but beta testers. We want to make sure before we send to mass produce the system that customers are happy with it. We would also like to see how the market accepts this product and get an idea of how many units to build in one shot. The system is a great quality product. Already we have added a feature that will make this product totally versatile for any application. We will be adding a modular feature that allows you to change the sound of the system in-case your not happy with the tune.

Example: If you order a Track system and want to tone it down. You will not have to replace the full system. We can sell you just the section with 2 resonators (bolt on). If you want it even quieter we can add high flow cats. Or if you bought the street system and feel you want something more, we can sell you the test pipe to convert the system into the track system.

Our Ideal is to be able to make a system that changes as your need do.
LOL... Sorry we need the 1/4 inch for the heat shield to breath. If we were to cut them shorter they would melt your bumper.
We are going to do everything in our power to get it done. Already spoke to the ceramic coating guy and he is going to rush it through.... I can't wait to see it!

So the Street System is now installed... I have to say it is significantly quieter and still has that don't mess with sound. We will be putting the ISF back on the Dyno tomorrow and will post the dyno sheet and a new video with the sound clip asap. I have to say, you ISF owners are very lucky. Lexus has really outdone themselves with this car.
Enough said! I'm glad you are giving is-f owners--who would prefer real tips an option!

OK so I need to come out and say this. We could have built a product just like the Joe-Z exhaust, gone after same customer base and try to compete against them... But we didn't. We introduced something completely different to give ISF owners a choice. If you don't like our tips then the system I recommencement to use is the JoeZ exhaust. It looks like a great exhaust and they seem to have done their homework. If you want something different then the stock tips... ISS Forged is the way to go. There are pros and cons to both systems but both ISS Forged and Joe-Z make a great product. We are even looking to add the Joe-Z Intake pipe to some of our customers car to see the gains as I respect their product and will not be making an intake pipe like that. Both system are completely different and are this product fills a void for ISF owners.

Our system is 2lbs heavier then the Joe-Z system.

Our system is louder then the Joe-Z system

Our system makes more Power then the Joe-Z System.

Our System does not use the stock Tips.

Our system has A Smog Test pipe ( Coming Soon )

I hope this help clearing things up with everyone trying to make a direct comparison to the Joe-Z system. Both product are here to expand the ability of your ISF and are great quality product.
Joe-z, the ultimate gentleman!

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Nice work with the Quad Muffler Exhaust Design Janoy!!! Great Alternative..

And most of all Great Post!!

Any plans on posting Dyno Pulls in the correct Gear & Graphing it SAE corrected, with smoothing set to 5??

As a Suggestion, before any more direct claims of "more power" are made, some more proper dyno time should be dialed in. Before & After.

Including considering using a Dynojet for the direct comparo, Dynoing a version of your system with resonators and following parameters practiced by just about all the members that have independently tested there IS-F here on Club Lexus.

No need to add weight to our exhaust, as it only weighs 64 lbs (with resonators), compared to the stock exhaust, which only weighs 70 lbs..
We used certified scales during R&D.
We do not consider the exhaust diffusers attached to the bumper as part of the "built" exhaust system. So in essence, you can subtract the weight saved be removing the diffusers. But your built exhaust weight is what it is. It will increase/decrease with the addition/removal of resonators and/or secondary cats.

I am very sure our system will pass the smog sniffer test as well.
BUT, anytime you modify just about the entire emissions system, that can be a SMOG issue visually in any State.
That is why it is sold with an "Off Road Use Only Disclaimer".

Not sure of any cons with our system.

Thanks Again for your post.

Respectively,

Joe Z

Happy 4th of July!!

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Jay,

Do you have any idea how much it cost to CARB Certify an entire Exhaust system??

In order to pass a true visual inspection. You will need a bunch of approval codes on said system components and certification documentation.

Truth is, when you modify an entire exhaust system, it is up to your individual States SMOG testing parameters, on whether you will pass or fail. Including the technician, that does the actual test..
If you pass the sniffer and your not too loud, they usually have no reason to look for a modified exhaust system..
They tend to mainly look and make sure the main primary cats are in place..

Generally, if you don't pass the sniffer test, you are just about SOL anyways...

CA has a 5-6 year smog testing rule on new cars. So unless you plan to get early smog tests done, its nothing you need to worry about now.
Now if you get pulled over for unsafe driving and a friendly officer notices your modified exhaust, he may send you to a state referee for a full smog inspection...
Showing up with the stock exhaust is usually a safer bet in these cases..

Regards,

Joe Z
thanks for the feedback guys.... We will post pics of the pipes further in with in a week.

The cool think about the system is that it is a modular design making it really easy to modify. These systems are prototype so we can make changes as needed.

FNMUPN8 if you feel the same way, let me know and we will modify your at no cost.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am impressed for anyone to pull that much ower from an exhaust system. I would do it in 2 seconds if I had an ISF to run with the C63 guys
Thank you ISS Forged, for making your own design (not a copy) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for making your exhaust with built in flexibility (easily changed)

I also like the design

X-pipe to gain scavenging + h-pipe to equalize pressure and harmonics

More thoughts to come later

I also like that gold x-pipe! haha!

Last edited by t0e; 07-18-09 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-19-09, 11:08 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Thanks Guys!

We have also started development on headers for the IS-F. I will start a new thread when I get the flanges back from the water jet next week.

Originally Posted by HEWITT
whats the price
We are sold out on the prototypes for right now. As soon as we get the production systems I will post the price. We are currently shopping around components to reduce the price on the system without compromising quality. We are looking to be around $1800 to $2000 in polished stainless.
Old 07-19-09, 12:11 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

and the cat is out!
Old 07-19-09, 01:15 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Thanks Guys!

We have also started development on headers for the IS-F. I will start a new thread when I get the flanges back from the water jet next week.

We are sold out on the prototypes for right now. As soon as we get the production systems I will post the price. We are currently shopping around components to reduce the price on the system without compromising quality. We are looking to be around $1800 to $2000 in polished stainless.
HEADERS?!?!?!? No way! Dude, get this ROLLING! Please!
Old 07-19-09, 02:43 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Splat
and the cat is out!
Splat, saw your F the other day at the shop and the black tips look tight! Great choice. Looks perfect with the 5axis wheel finish. And I hear somebody is getting headers...

Also for those who are concerned about tip length, the guys at ISS Forged showed me the shorter tips on a test vehicle and it looks like what you guys are requesting.

And I can confirm on the flexibility of the system. I wanted to test out the street version with the resonator, and like the guys promised, a half hour later I was on my way again with the resonator added. Plug and play as promised!

The car still sounds aggressive under WOT, and more tame at idle and normal driving. AND it feels just as fast.
Old 07-19-09, 03:13 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

F,
thanks yeah I have not seen anything done to the car yet except the wheels. I dropped it off and had to leave for a martial arts course in cali for work. So now all I get are updates from here an Janoy. I'm really excited to get back and enjoy the exhaust and test the headers for everyone. August 1st can't get here soon enough.
Old 07-19-09, 05:45 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

If it's not ready you can borrow my car again...
Old 07-19-09, 06:21 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

If it's not ready you can borrow my car again...
What a nice guy!
Old 07-19-09, 06:56 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Thanks...

The real nice guy is Splat and FNMUPN8. Splat just met me the other day is is allowing us to use his car for R&D. FNMUPN8 is helping with the street testing of our system and is helping us refine it so when you guys get the product it is perfect. We have been very lucky to meet cool people that are allowing us to develop our product line. We are also very grateful for all the support on this forum. The ISS Edition IS-F is well on it's way. It is going to be a true M3 killer.

Thanks Guys!
Old 07-19-09, 09:15 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Thanks...

The real nice guy is Splat and FNMUPN8. Splat just met me the other day is is allowing us to use his car for R&D. FNMUPN8 is helping with the street testing of our system and is helping us refine it so when you guys get the product it is perfect. We have been very lucky to meet cool people that are allowing us to develop our product line. We are also very grateful for all the support on this forum. The ISS Edition IS-F is well on it's way. It is going to be a true M3 killer.

Thanks Guys!
Don't say thing's you aren't 100% sure, you cannot make the F achieve. I'm sure with the right mod's I'm sure we can pull on m3's but again don't hype up your audience... if you know what I'm saying.

Only other company that I heard talk of making long tube headers was MHP...but you guys all see how quick that plan fell through. Maybe ISS will come through and meet their criteria. Sure hope so.
Old 07-19-09, 09:45 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

There is no 100% of anything and in no way are we going to claim that. Sorry if we came out like that. We are putting all our efforts into making this happen though. In our group of friends we have both an E92 M3 and an IS-F that I race with. After driving both the IS-F and the M3 I wouldn't think about it twice that we can archive this. I have driven my fair share of cars and I got to say Lexus has created a hell of a platform. The M3 is a great a car but my next car will be an IS-F. All I'm saying is that I believe in what Lexus has done and want to help expand the ability of this car.

Every time I get in an IS-F I never want to give it back. Can't wait till November!

Quick Reply: ISS Performance IS-F QES Street / Track Exhaust