IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISS Performance IS-F QES Street / Track Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-09, 10:25 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISSForged
There is no 100% of anything and in no way are we going to claim that. Sorry if we came out like that. We are putting all our efforts into making this happen though. In our group of friends we have both an E92 M3 and an IS-F that I race with. After driving both the IS-F and the M3 I wouldn't think about it twice that we can archive this. I have driven my fair share of cars and I got to say Lexus has created a hell of a platform. The M3 is a great a car but my next car will be an IS-F. All I'm saying is that I believe in what Lexus has done and want to help expand the ability of this car.

Every time I get in an IS-F I never want to give it back. Can't wait till November!
I agree with you completely. Love every minute of driving this car, Lexus did a remarkable job. You get to see that the more and more you drive the car. When do you think headers can become manufactured? I see your exhaust development went quick...real quick.
Old 07-20-09, 10:35 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

The headers are in the beginning process. For now it's to soon to tell. Hopefully it will be quick and easy but we all know it's never like that.
Old 07-20-09, 10:50 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

The headers are in the beginning process. For now it's to soon to tell. Hopefully it will be quick and easy but we all know it's never like that.
Perfection takes time, I understand that. GL with all your R&D and engineering, Look forward to seeing a great product to come.
Old 07-21-09, 06:18 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Thanks...

The real nice guy is Splat and FNMUPN8. Splat just met me the other day is is allowing us to use his car for R&D. FNMUPN8 is helping with the street testing of our system and is helping us refine it so when you guys get the product it is perfect. We have been very lucky to meet cool people that are allowing us to develop our product line. We are also very grateful for all the support on this forum. The ISS Edition IS-F is well on it's way. It is going to be a true M3 killer.

Thanks Guys!

coming from most IS-F members THANKS!
Old 07-21-09, 11:22 AM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the current news on the exhaust?
Old 07-21-09, 06:38 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

So I pull into Wal-Mart the other day and drive past a group of taxi's and they're all standing outside their cabs. I'm in manual and roll past at about 30ish. I park and start to walk in...all 4 of them walk immediate to the back of my car and stand there smiling talking about the exhaust. They didn't even peep at my $6500 wheels!

That's whats current with my exhaust.

I love this thing!
Old 07-21-09, 08:30 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FNMUPN8
So I pull into Wal-Mart the other day and drive past a group of taxi's and they're all standing outside their cabs. I'm in manual and roll past at about 30ish. I park and start to walk in...all 4 of them walk immediate to the back of my car and stand there smiling talking about the exhaust. They didn't even peep at my $6500 wheels!

That's whats current with my exhaust.

I love this thing!
Dont tell me your wheels cost that much...
Ide like to hear the exhaust in person...
Old 07-21-09, 09:17 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Dont tell me your wheels cost that much...
Ide like to hear the exhaust in person...
....wheels and tires...well worth it, great wheel manufacturer...3 piece forged...anyways...
they could have been forged diamond wheels and these guys would not have noticed, they were so caught up in the exhaust.

Your sig says your in Aventura? I'll be at the mall on Friday doing some work. PM me and we can hook up.
Old 07-22-09, 06:19 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Frankly I think it's pretty unsightly the way it sits but that's my 2 cents. Takes away the classy look of the stock car and now you have this "_____" car. I won't use the "R" word here so you can fill in the blank.

Those all BLACKED out tails are horrible too, to each his own I guess....makes the car look cheap like those old school GTS headlight and taillight covers!
Not an ISF owner but everyone has an opinion.

Now that I've looked at these pics several times, I'm gonna have to agree with 4play. It doesn't look that great to me. It doesn't look bad but it's not as classy and this is still a Lexus.
It would have been better if the 2 tips were side by side. In this position, a more oval shape would be better, closer to the stock shape. Sitting this way, these big round openings look kinda weird to me.

I still have to see it in person for a final judgement so I may be taking back what I just said.

In the end I am very happy to see the aftermarket responding to this car. As more product is developed, maybe Lexus will get off their butts and produce more vehicles of this type. I'd love to see an ISF coupe (fixed roof) and a GSF.

Last edited by Ice350; 07-25-09 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-22-09, 09:42 AM
mondo540
Driver

It'd be real cool if you guys could shoot for a design that enhance/brings on more torque lower in the rpm band and not go for a totally high peak rpm/HP number...gonna be a real tight fit in there.
Old 07-22-09, 11:00 AM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone just needs to make an exhaust tip that is in the same shape as the opening.

For example:

http://www.motorauthority.com/conten...30_01-1103.jpg
Old 07-22-09, 12:42 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Any issues with heat on the tips yet? it looks like they get _very_ close to the rear bumper itself? Just curious... I'm really liking the exhaust (pictures)
Old 07-22-09, 02:05 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oztiks
Any issues with heat on the tips yet? it looks like they get _very_ close to the rear bumper itself? Just curious... I'm really liking the exhaust (pictures)
3 weeks of fairly heavy driving and no problems to speak of.
Old 07-22-09, 02:31 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oztiks
These tips have a heat shield so there should be no problems.
Old 07-22-09, 03:28 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Ah.. okay.

Quick Reply: ISS Performance IS-F QES Street / Track Exhaust