ISS Performance IS-F QES Street / Track Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-09, 03:51 PM
rutiger
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gcollier
It is the Track system.
how much do you want? also, do you know if the tips protrude more than the shorter tips shown on pg 22? i'm unclear on if that change was a one-off for him or they made all the tips shorter at some point.

Last edited by rutiger; 09-03-09 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-03-09, 06:11 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rutiger
how much do you want? also, do you know if the tips protrude more than the shorter tips shown on pg 22? i'm unclear on if that change was a one-off for him or they made all the tips shorter at some point.
Rutiger, I PM'd you. You should PM ISS as well, it's probably the shorter tips but they will know for sure.
Old 09-03-09, 07:21 PM
rutiger
Rookie

I have pm'd them. I want this exhaust but some of the shots with the tips way out have scared me. Your pic looks bad *** though.
Old 09-08-09, 06:37 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ You have been PM'd

All our new systems will have the shorter tips. Also there were only 2 systems made with the long tips and they were both updated to the shorter tips.
Old 09-08-09, 07:24 PM
rutiger
Rookie

so i bought them from gcollier and they will be here monday. won't be able to put them on for a day or so though. planning to re-dyno in oct. baseline was 365. mods now will be k&n and iss track system. hope to see some gains.
Old 09-08-09, 07:37 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rutiger
so i bought them from gcollier and they will be here monday. won't be able to put them on for a day or so though. planning to re-dyno in oct. baseline was 365. mods now will be k&n and iss track system. hope to see some gains.
Your going to love it.

If you don't mind me asking what was the temp when you put the car on the dyno. The best run I was able to get was a 347 at a cold start. We made 37 WHP when the car was cold. This was off of our production system. The guy at the dyno said he wouldn't believe it if he didn't see it for himself. The breakdown was 37HP Increase at a cold start / 34 whp with a idle run / and 27 WHP on back to back runs. We are going to do the same run on another car in the same place to verify our numbers. All the numbers were done using SAE smooting 5 as the CF and were done by an independent performance shop that had nothing to do with us.

Janoy
Old 09-09-09, 12:16 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ISSForged
Your going to love it.

If you don't mind me asking what was the temp when you put the car on the dyno. The best run I was able to get was a 347 at a cold start. We made 37 WHP when the car was cold. This was off of our production system. The guy at the dyno said he wouldn't believe it if he didn't see it for himself. The breakdown was 37HP Increase at a cold start / 34 whp with a idle run / and 27 WHP on back to back runs. We are going to do the same run on another car in the same place to verify our numbers. All the numbers were done using SAE smooting 5 as the CF and were done by an independent performance shop that had nothing to do with us.

Janoy

Not surprised at all Janoy.... Great numbers...

The "cold start" dynos will yield higher numbers in every test. Thats a given.

Please see my post #180 in this thread, which talks about cold start dynos.
Your best numbers are represented by dynos completed with the engine @ normal operating temps.

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 09-09-09, 05:39 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Thanks Joe
Old 09-09-09, 03:15 PM
rutiger
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISSForged
Your going to love it.

Janoy
here's the graph of the third (last run). did 3 runs. each run was about 10rwhp higher than the previous.

Last edited by rutiger; 09-09-09 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 07:06 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

thanks for the sheet! I really want to see the numbers with temps like that. All our runs have been at 98 to 102 degrees.
Old 09-09-09, 07:43 PM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

365 rwhp, totally stock!? Wow. When you say K&N you mean Typhoon or drop in? Cuz Typhoon and ISS track system you should pull over 400. Cant wait to see the sheets!
Old 09-09-09, 10:15 PM
rutiger
Rookie

Originally Posted by FNMUPN8
365 rwhp, totally stock!? Wow. When you say K&N you mean Typhoon or drop in? Cuz Typhoon and ISS track system you should pull over 400. Cant wait to see the sheets!

Yes that was stock. And the k&n is the typhoon. I've had a number of cars dynoed there and other places in wa, or, and ca and the place here seems to be right in line with other dynos so I feel pretty good with their numbers. I'll try to get video of the dyno run too. Trying to figure out how to get all three cars there that day but I'm limited to my wife and I as drivers.
Old 09-10-09, 07:20 PM
extra10
Rookie

hey I dont have an IS-F yet but will be in the area possibly Monday. What would be the best time?
Old 09-10-09, 07:26 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Between 10 - 12 and 1 - 7 ... I will ask a friend to loan me his car for you to see the system.
Old 09-11-09, 07:02 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Janoy, I'd love to see the system installed so I'll pass by the shop at around 6-6.30PM.

Quick Reply: ISS Performance IS-F QES Street / Track Exhaust