IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just Installed Hawk Perf. Ceramic Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-09, 03:38 PM
geneva
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Installed Hawk Perf. Ceramic Pads

Installed about a week ago and NO MORE BREAK DUST!!!! The savings on wheel cleaner alone will pay for them! Pads have nice progressive feel and no noise. Will be doing a track event in a few weeks so will update on how they preform.
Old 06-17-09, 04:38 PM
CAS
Driver School Candidate

When I search for these pads on web sites, there is no pad listed for a 2008 ISF. What part number did you use?

Also, did you use the replacement procedure listed on the Hawk web site that has you replacing the fluid and sanding the rotors?
Old 06-17-09, 04:38 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please link us to this!!!!
Old 06-17-09, 06:53 PM
geneva
Rookie

I purchased pads thru LexusF.com forum group buy. To late to participate but forum member that worked directly with to Hawk to develop pads, and then manage the group buy was Doug Greenup, Lexus of Dayton ph. 800-81-LEXUS. I'm sure he can still provide all details and assist with any additional orders. Hawk introduced (3) versions for the IS-F: (HPS) High Performance Street, (HP-Plus) High Performance Plus, and Performance Ceramic. For more info. on the diff. compounds go to: http://hawkperformance.com/performance/hps.php Hope this helps!

Last edited by geneva; 06-17-09 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-17-09, 07:01 PM
mondo540
Driver

Doug may still have some sets for sale in stock...I have these on my car as well...very quiet...not one squeak since installing them 2 weeks ago...
Old 06-17-09, 08:26 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by geneva
I purchased pads thru LexusF.com forum group buy. To late to participate but forum member that worked directly with to Hawk to develop pads, and then manage the group buy was Doug Greenup, Lexus of Dayton ph. 800-81-LEXUS. I'm sure he can still provide all details and assist with any additional orders. Hawk introduced (3) versions for the IS-F: (HPS) High Performance Street, (HP-Plus) High Performance Plus, and Performance Ceramic. For more info. on the diff. compounds go to: http://hawkperformance.com/performance/hps.php Hope this helps!
Which version of the 3 are you guy's all running?
Old 06-17-09, 08:32 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

How do they feel compared to stock? I hate the amount of dust from the stock pads, but I really like the initial bite of the stock pads...I'm hoping that these Hawks have similar characteristics as the stockers.
Old 06-17-09, 08:42 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I'll get these just for the brake dust alone. stock pads are ridiculous with the dust.
Old 06-17-09, 09:07 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Supraman16
How do they feel compared to stock? I hate the amount of dust from the stock pads, but I really like the initial bite of the stock pads...I'm hoping that these Hawks have similar characteristics as the stockers.
Yeah, that's what Im afraid of. Sacraficing the bite for less dust....
Old 06-17-09, 10:04 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Yeah, that's what Im afraid of. Sacraficing the bite for less dust....
I'm glad someone shares my feelings about the brake pads. I'm not ready to sacrifice performance for less brake dust!
Old 06-17-09, 10:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

You're not sacrificing performance for any street use. You're changing feel. Big difference.
Old 06-18-09, 06:35 AM
Viper TT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by geneva
Thanks for the information. I just ordered the last set of HPS's for the group buy price through Doug.

Doug stated he still has 1 set of HP-Plus and 3 sets of Performance Ceramics available at the group buy price, but once they are sold the group buy pricing will no longer be available.
Old 06-18-09, 06:56 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

what is the group buy price?
Old 06-18-09, 09:57 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased a set of performance ceramic from Doug at the group buy price of
of $255 plus shipping.......Certainly a LOT LESS brake dust and just a tad less initial bite than the stock pads......so if your not gonna be on the track anytime soon get these if you are get the HPS set you can't lose either set your getting less brake less but with the performance you'll get even LESS
Old 06-18-09, 10:24 AM
geneva
Rookie

I'm running the Performance Ceramics and from what I remember this was also the choice by many that participated in the group buy. I actually prefer these over stock, initial bite has a more progressive feel vs. stock that I felt was somewhat grabby. Overall performance has not been compromised IMO. Unless your an extremely agressive street driver or planning on doing multiple track events the PFs should be a good choice. If not one of the other two options should foot the bill. Keep in mind that all options will produce less dust than stock but again the PFs are virtually dust free!! Cheers.

Quick Reply: Just Installed Hawk Perf. Ceramic Pads