IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

GT-R or NSX or what....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-09, 09:06 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Had dinner last night with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a while.....

We got there early so we parked and waited for him to show up. Low and behold he arrives in a black GTR! Anyways after dinner we let the ladies talk and he lets me take his GTR for a spin. I've never really driven this car hard but he said just push it a bit. We left the Big Basin and headed up towards Skyline....OMG

I had this huge smile the minute we pulled away as this thing MOVES! It feels nothing like any Nissan I've ever driven (I drove my buddies R34 modded back in HK a few times) and this car is night/day difference. It's so deceivingly fast and rock solid in the turns. Just a bit of understeer but a tap of the gas and you are back under control. We didn't go too fast around the corners as it was dark. The cockpit feels like a video game except you are moving at really fast speeds. I loved everything about the GTR but wished it had a third pedal.

I have to thank my friend for the rewarding drive and though I won't be buying one anytime soon, it was a very good way to experience a true super car. The driving position is higher and more plsuh compared to my NSX which feels like you are sitting on the floorboards. Steering is a bit lighter than the NSX. Of course it has gobs more power but IMO, the NSX has a much better engine/exhaust note at WOT.

Bottom line is if you have an IS-F already, you can't go wrong with either the GTR or NSX as a backup ride. Both are different animals so buy whatever you like!

rick
Old 07-01-09, 12:10 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Told ya. The GTR is so much different than the ISF. I can talk about it all day long but until you experience it you wont understand
Old 07-01-09, 01:45 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

Originally Posted by s4play
Had dinner last night with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a while.....

We got there early so we parked and waited for him to show up. Low and behold he arrives in a black GTR! Anyways after dinner we let the ladies talk and he lets me take his GTR for a spin. I've never really driven this car hard but he said just push it a bit. We left the Big Basin and headed up towards Skyline....OMG

I had this huge smile the minute we pulled away as this thing MOVES! It feels nothing like any Nissan I've ever driven (I drove my buddies R34 modded back in HK a few times) and this car is night/day difference. It's so deceivingly fast and rock solid in the turns. Just a bit of understeer but a tap of the gas and you are back under control. We didn't go too fast around the corners as it was dark. The cockpit feels like a video game except you are moving at really fast speeds. I loved everything about the GTR but wished it had a third pedal.

I have to thank my friend for the rewarding drive and though I won't be buying one anytime soon, it was a very good way to experience a true super car. The driving position is higher and more plsuh compared to my NSX which feels like you are sitting on the floorboards. Steering is a bit lighter than the NSX. Of course it has gobs more power but IMO, the NSX has a much better engine/exhaust note at WOT.

Bottom line is if you have an IS-F already, you can't go wrong with either the GTR or NSX as a backup ride. Both are different animals so buy whatever you like!

rick

Clicked on your link in your sig and you sir are a car Hoe!

P.S. Sell me you Canon 40D
Old 07-02-09, 02:22 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 351 Likes on 205 Posts

Guys sorry
I can't find either a GT-R or the NSX

I have found, like I stated earlier, a 2006 BMW M3 manual w/ Competition package, and a 1996 993 Porsche Turbo

Which would you guys go for?
Old 07-02-09, 02:32 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

S2000. I have had 2 and miss them everyday.
Old 07-05-09, 09:09 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vraa
Guys sorry
I can't find either a GT-R or the NSX

I have found, like I stated earlier, a 2006 BMW M3 manual w/ Competition package, and a 1996 993 Porsche Turbo

Which would you guys go for?

So..........who does your IS-F sleep with at night these days?
Old 07-06-09, 05:41 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would get the newest car available in your price budget that fits your lifestyle.

but then again i'd rather get an SUV or truck since I think the F is too small. it's so hard to pack people in that to go out for a night out on the town.
i always end up taking my wifey's MDX out
Old 07-06-09, 06:18 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by malujerry
i would get the newest car available in your price budget that fits your lifestyle.

but then again i'd rather get an SUV or truck since I think the F is too small. it's so hard to pack people in that to go out for a night out on the town.
i always end up taking my wifey's MDX out
Tell me about it! and you have the centor console in the rear so its even harder than me!

My IS is packed every night from thursday to saturday and its always a mission LOL
Old 07-06-09, 09:20 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

I look at the IS-F as my 2-seater that can squeeze 4 in an emergency. Certainly not a spacious car for 4 adults! You could always swap the rear seat cushion with a regular IS250/350 for potential seating for 5 people which is what I've been trying to do.

The OP "seemed" to want a sports car to accompany his IS-F given his choices of a GTR or NSX....if he needed space however then a sport SUV would be ideal and the Cayenne GTS comes to mind right away. I was that close to buying the GTS over the IS-F but decided last minute I don't need 2 gas guzzling SUV's in my stable at this time. The Porsche dealer was practically giving them away ~ even better discounts than the IS-F if you can imagine that!

rick
Old 07-07-09, 01:51 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you get an E46 M3 they make some sick turbo kits for them. If you want torque steer clear of the NSX or S2000.
Old 07-07-09, 02:43 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Went to look at some exotics yesterday and damn idk where im gonna end up. Lots of things in the 100-150k range that are real cool. I just dont want to spend all that money and get walked by a stock zo6 lol
Old 07-08-09, 08:19 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Originally Posted by s4play
So..........who does your IS-F sleep with at night these days?
Dad just got the 360 Spider and has had the LS600 for a year now
Mom has the LX and now the IS-F is my sisters
So now I must find a car
I drove the E46 M3 and I found it much less powerful than the IS-F, I don't think I'd enjoy trying to ring it out
The 993 Porsche Turbo was very fun, but I think it'll have too many problems to serve as a daily driver, so now I'm back to the drawing board
I found a 2000 NSX, but I think it'll have similar problems as the Porsche (can't count on it as a daily driver)

This is a serious problem, what do you do after the IS-F?
Old 07-08-09, 08:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

How many miles on the 2000 NSX ? If it's low mileage, I would jump on it, aren't they supposed to be as reliable as Honda's ?
Old 07-08-09, 08:43 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the NSX will run forever if it is taken care of. Just don't get in an accident where the body gets damaged. Aluminum is hard to fix.
Old 07-08-09, 10:27 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
How many miles on the 2000 NSX ? If it's low mileage, I would jump on it, aren't they supposed to be as reliable as Honda's ?
The NSX has 43166 miles on it
It is grey on black @ 39000$
JH4NA126XYT000011
I think with that many miles it might be smart to stay away
If it were in the lower 30's, it would look like a better value
Also I have read that Manheim reports used car prices are up 15% from the lows, so I'll have to buy soon before the economy recovers fully
http://news.google.com/news?q=used%2...N&hl=en&tab=wn

Quick Reply: GT-R or NSX or what....