IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Liberation through video and ipod integration (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 09:55 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Glad you finally got the Plug & Play Nav overide..!!

I've have seen a few nav hacks go bad in the past few years and the bill is hefty to replace the head unit ($4,xxx), if cut & taped wires are present.

Prestigious Society is a great seller and did just about ALL the leg work in sourcing & testing this product, for us USA Lexus owners..

They have excellent customer service & provide a fantastic warranty,
on the units they sell..

Worked prefectly in my IS350 and now in my F...

Regards,

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-24-09 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-24-09, 10:18 AM
madoka
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
on the units they sell..
How much leg work was there? AFAIK, a Japanese company made it for the JDM and sellers in the US just confirmed it worked in US models.

on the units they sell..
Heh, they better if they are going to charge 75% more for the exact same item.
Old 06-24-09, 10:59 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Jerry, question about the mp3 thing, is it similar to the lexus dealership ones? because I am not exactly sure if i can see my playlist thorugh the screen or at least i haven't tried because i just updated that ipod once and kept it there ever since
Old 06-24-09, 11:05 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by madoka
How much leg work was there? AFAIK, a Japanese company made it for the JDM and sellers in the US just confirmed it worked in US models.
^^ Thats right, they confirmed and worked together with the actual manufacturer, testing each Lexus application here in the states ..

Originally Posted by madoka
Heh, they better if they are going to charge 75% more for the exact same item.
^^ LoL.. Its more like 37% when you compare listed prices..

But hey, your comparing an Ebay seller to an established Vendor..

Generally speaking:
I would take a 1 year warranty over a 30 day warranty any day...
Even if its going to cost me a bit more for the product.
That's just my opinion..

Joe Z
Old 06-24-09, 11:21 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Just bc someone is an ebay seller of the same exact product doesnt mean that they are a lesser business.
Old 06-24-09, 11:30 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Splat
Just bc someone is an ebay seller of the same exact product doesnt mean that they are a lesser business.
Agreed...
Old 06-24-09, 11:38 AM
madoka
Pole Position

I would take a 1 year warranty over a 30 day warranty any day...
Even if its going to cost me a bit more for the product.
That's just my opinion..
Well, I noticed that Prestigious just lowered their prices for their summer sale, but it's still $100 more on a $200 product! Dude, would you pay $25,000 to increase the warranty on your $50,000 ISF? The proportion/ratio is completely out of whack. Prestigious is not selling something unique - it's a mass produced electronic device. What "excellent service" can they provide besides mailing out fast and being nice on the phone? Is that worth the extra $100?

BTW, I meet the guy selling on ebay and he was a real straight shooter. He agreed to meet me to hand off the override and gave me a discount. He told me if there were any problems to just give a call and he would take care of it. Also there is no evidence that his warranty is only 30 days. It maybe a year just as well.

In the end, it's up to you guys how you want to spend your money. But personally, I found Prestigious to be overpriced. I'd rather keep my $100.
Old 06-24-09, 11:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^ Excellent opinion "madoka" and thank you for sharing your experience..

That’s what makes this forum what it is..

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 06-24-09, 12:59 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jctheplaya
Jerry, question about the mp3 thing, is it similar to the lexus dealership ones? because I am not exactly sure if i can see my playlist thorugh the screen or at least i haven't tried because i just updated that ipod once and kept it there ever since
i have no idea on the lexus one. i've read that dealerships are not consistent might use lexus oem one, vais, pheriperhal, etc. so i just went straight to the source of the most recommended company imo - vais.

in all honesty, i don't select songs that way anyways - wifey does while in the passenger seat. i just wanted to change songs on my steering wheel, charge it, and get rid of the awful air noise when it was connected to the aux port.

for the price war - i trusted prestigious society based off joe z's prior advise to me. on top of that, i've never heard of another source to buy this nav override, even with multiple attempts search attempts on ebay. whoever wants this has another options now and i can vouch this product is awesome. i can place calls, set destinations, and keep my wifey quiet with a movie on the fly and not worry about anything shorting out, voiding warranties, etc.

Last edited by malujerry; 06-24-09 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-24-09, 01:27 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one sweet setup you got going on I love it.
Old 06-24-09, 01:36 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

everyone has different ways of buying what they want, obviosuly a lot of people trust a bigger company rather than an ebay person selling it, but sometimes I may want to choose the little more expensive one because its just a more known at least a company that has a website, and tells you exactly what they are selling instead of a stranger selling a product on ebay, but everyone is different.

Anyone know if the Lexus OEM IPOD intergration is able to have playlists? like Jerrys
Old 06-25-09, 01:17 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Glad you finally got the Plug & Play Nav overide..!!

I've have seen a few nav hacks go bad in the past few years and the bill is hefty to replace the head unit ($4,xxx), if cut & taped wires are present.

Prestigious Society is a great seller and did just about ALL the leg work in sourcing & testing this product, for us USA Lexus owners..

on the units they sell..

Worked prefectly in my IS350 and now in my F...

Regards,

Joe Z
Well said Joe. Rominl helped me install my R-Spec Nav Override which I had previously in my 07 GS350 including my Lexus Accessory Ipod adapter. Both work as well as they did on my GS350. The Vaistech unit looks a bit more interesting as there are a few more features that I would like that my Lexus Ipod adapter does not have.

My Nav Override was purchased through Prestigious Society as well. They have been first class from the start. I highly recommend them as well as many that have dealt with them direct.
Old 07-17-09, 09:04 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
This is the DIY instructions that I used:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...en-moving.html

Extremely easy to follow, and it takes less than 30 min. Actually the hard part was to remove the A/C vents! At the end of the DIY you see that the red wire on the J50 connector has to be grounded for those with the ML system so DVD playback is possible while in motion. Remember that once you cut the red wire, you need to ground the end on the ML system.

Guys, we do a lot of aftermarket stereo installs and most double din units have a "safety" wire that is required to be grounded (connected to the parking brake) so it must be engaged for the video to work. Of course every guy asks us to bypass it and it's as simple as grounding the wire.

Lexus uses NAVI units manufactured by Eclipse Japan (ever notice how the NAV menu is EXACTLY the same?) So this J50 connector red wire that needs to be grounded is 99% sure it's the same wire required to be grounded by the aftermarket radio.

I'll dig deeper but WHY the heck would you pay $$$ for a NAV override if it's only one wire you need to ground? I'll confirm/deny this once I check it tonight. I need to take the dash apart to install my Ipod interface anyways.

rick
Old 07-17-09, 09:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

coz' grounding a wire will only get you video. it doesn't enable use of navigation

and you can also kiss warranty goodbye. i have known 2 people who cut wires and somehow fried their nav. it didn't turn out good
Old 07-18-09, 11:39 AM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I tried the nav hack dyi and it didnt work for me, I purchased the kit recently and it works fine, but once you turn it on, your navi freezes. Kinda makes sense, you cant have navi on and dvd screen on at the same time anyway.. I got it cheap. Google Beat Sonic Japan and you should be able to order from them direct. Saves a few buck over Prestigious.

Quick Reply: Liberation through video and ipod integration (pics)