IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

our f vs this

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-09, 11:39 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBull
You also own a Juicebox tune so your opinion is a bit biased. IF the relationship was done and severed than no dealership would sell Dinan products or warranty them. It is a dealership situation not BMWNA situation. I have still have my original Fuel Pump and I have hear the california gas has a lot to do with that. I live in Vegas and have had no problems. Most of the multiple fuel pump people seem to come from Cali.
They think it has to do with Ethanol in our gas, its why 98% of fuel pumps fail in the US and 2% in Canada. California probably has it worst. People can point their finger at bad gas, but at the end of the day there's no one to blame but BMW for making a flawed product.

Also i sold my Jb3. Im riding stock. Less hassle imo.

Last edited by f=ma; 07-16-09 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-16-09, 12:49 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBull
You also own a Juicebox tune so your opinion is a bit biased. IF the relationship was done and severed than no dealership would sell Dinan products or warranty them. It is a dealership situation not BMWNA situation. I have still have my original Fuel Pump and I have hear the california gas has a lot to do with that. I live in Vegas and have had no problems. Most of the multiple fuel pump people seem to come from Cali.
Me and my buddy is from Philly and at 7100 miles, he had his replaced twice already.
Old 07-24-09, 10:46 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisburke
claim to fame.. just an FYI Parade laps and testing vehicle dynamics DONT count for comparsion. a NASA, time attack or SCCA event where you are putting the car to its fullest or even as simple as TIMING your lap. I will let you borrow my hot lap and my F againts another stock 335 or dinan and i am down. remember Parade Laps dont count for feeling how a car feels on a track.
So you want to compare your "Full Road Race Car" ISF to a stock or Dinan flashed 335i? Of course you'll walk away....but if the ISF was stock...you wouldn't. Modded 3 ers are no joke...granted you'd better be running race gas on a high boost map just to stay along side the ISF on the straights.

BMW really has the driving dynamics down, something Lexus is playing catch up with. Even the performance oriented ISF feels somewhat numb compared to the lowly 335i. Of course, I've been to the BMW dealer more times in the last year that the last 8 years of my Lexus.