IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 01:24 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little perplexed why people are completely ignoring my camber issue.. i am literally making < 1/2 the rear tires hit the ground...

PS - I have never experienced the mentioned "bog", personally. I've launched from over 2K before without a problem, but again, given my camber issue, it just throws the tires into a frenzy.

I was going to raise the car and make a run to the track tonight but I am not feeling so great so dont think i'll be making it.
Old 07-22-09, 01:31 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by oztiks
I'm a little perplexed why people are completely ignoring my camber issue.. i am literally making < 1/2 the rear tires hit the ground...

PS - I have never experienced the mentioned "bog", personally. I've launched from over 2K before without a problem, but again, given my camber issue, it just throws the tires into a frenzy.

I was going to raise the car and make a run to the track tonight but I am not feeling so great so dont think i'll be making it.
I think they are ignoring the camber issue because your 60' time shouldn't effect your trap speed. Your 60' times aren't all that bad 2.0's, but certainly could be improved with some practice, adjusted camber and traction. I'll have to take a look later tonight at your posted time slips as my work has them blocked to see where you are really losing ground.
Old 07-22-09, 02:53 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with you b/c I am sitting lowered on JIC's too. But I think you may be even lower than me. I feel like I still have an almost flat rear tire. You must be slammed!
Old 07-22-09, 03:12 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caymandive
I was just doing some thinking about the IS-F's and the additional hp from N20 and the Turbo setups we've seen so far. On the dyno both setups produce very good numbers, but at the track they have failed to produce results that coincide with the dyno figures. Could it be possible that with the air resistance and extra load on a car at the track vs the dyno that the transmission is just not holding the power and slipping?
3rd gear in my car slips pretty bad my guy at lexus said that whenever I want to not have a car for a few days they will put a new one in and warranty it because hes been in the car when it happened the worst hah
Old 07-22-09, 03:35 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I agree with you b/c I am sitting lowered on JIC's too. But I think you may be even lower than me. I feel like I still have an almost flat rear tire. You must be slammed!
Yeah.. I am fairly low. Probably 2"+ all the way around on the stock 19's. I rub (well, its more of a SHHHHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK sound) when I hit a dip in the freeway over 60MPH.

I actually just took off a rear tire and looked at the suspension and remembered what a pain in the a$$ it's going to be to lift it up for track testing. Maybe another time.
Old 07-22-09, 03:36 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by windex
3rd gear in my car slips pretty bad my guy at lexus said that whenever I want to not have a car for a few days they will put a new one in and warranty it because hes been in the car when it happened the worst hah
PS - Before everyone freaks out note that he has an IS350, not an IS-F. Different transmission.

windex - how does the dealer "react" (warranty) to your NOS install? Did you do wet/dry, direct port, or...? Just curious.
Old 07-22-09, 04:33 PM
DaveMS
Driver School Candidate

Since I haven't seen this pic posted yet, I ripped it form the video. Very nice install.

Old 07-22-09, 07:53 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Glad that caught your eye!

The shop did a GREAT job on the install. it looks really, really nice and is high quality work. On a side note ("perk"); the factory engine cover still fits.

Unfortunately I don't have a "before" picture.. but if you take careful notice (compared to another IS-F), you'll see that MUCH more than just adding the jets happened.
Old 07-22-09, 10:04 PM
DaveMS
Driver School Candidate

Glad that caught your eye!

The shop did a GREAT job on the install. it looks really, really nice and is high quality work. On a side note ("perk"); the factory engine cover still fits.

Unfortunately I don't have a "before" picture.. but if you take careful notice (compared to another IS-F), you'll see that MUCH more than just adding the jets happened.
I am guessing a massive pain in the *** wire relocation project based on this photo...

Old 07-23-09, 03:31 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

PS - Before everyone freaks out note that he has an IS350, not an IS-F. Different transmission.

windex - how does the dealer "react" (warranty) to your NOS install? Did you do wet/dry, direct port, or...? Just curious.
I have it very well hidden and dont take the car in for warranty things with the kit on the car I have popped my hood to 3 different lexus tech more cops than I can count and a **** load of street racers no one has been able to find it one guy found my power wire and I said I still had my system wires run I am on a dry shot which is why I can do it the way I have it
Old 07-23-09, 08:27 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have any pictures of your setup Windex?
Old 07-23-09, 08:35 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Yeah.. I am fairly low. Probably 2"+ all the way around on the stock 19's. I rub (well, its more of a SHHHHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK sound) when I hit a dip in the freeway over 60MPH.

I actually just took off a rear tire and looked at the suspension and remembered what a pain in the a$$ it's going to be to lift it up for track testing. Maybe another time.
Correct me if I a wrong, but doesn't it involve removing the wheel, lossing the lower coilover nut and just turning the lower coilover body??

BTW - thats a very nice setup under the Engine Cover!!

Joe Z
Old 07-23-09, 10:15 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Correct me if I a wrong, but doesn't it involve removing the wheel, lossing the lower coilover nut and just turning the lower coilover body??

Joe Z
That is exactly what it entails. Just go wheel by wheel and measure. Really not that difficult. Time consuming yes, but not hard IMO
Old 07-23-09, 01:13 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by datplayaz
do you have any pictures of your setup Windex?
Not at the moment but when I get some time hopefully later today or tomorrow I will take some I can snap a few picture on my Iphone and put them up in a little
Old 07-23-09, 08:33 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Joe Z
Thanks re: setup

Re: Coilovers

They are easy to change if you have a proper lift/jack, all i'm sporting is the factory jack that's to change the spare......

Quick Reply: Coming soon...