IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is the Ultrasonic Blue Mica rare?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-11, 06:35 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry
it doesn't have headlight washers or park assist... i love those options. but what is the price difference?
The IS-F and the Ferrari blue colors looks amazing! Not to mention the Royal Sapphire Pearl for the late 90's Supra and SC's.
Old 09-25-11, 08:57 PM
16n69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
Lexus of Las Vegas had a nice CPO 2008 USB IS-F about 10 days ago when I was picking a part.

Now they just have a Smokey Granite Mica

http://www.lexusoflasvegas.com/Vehic...-NV/1290498383
Not interested in 2006-1010 IS-F's, the chassis, steering and lack of a LSD make those lame.
Now the 2011-2012, that's a different story. Finally, it can be mentioned in the same conversation as the M3 or C63.
Old 09-25-11, 09:50 PM
iffy08
Rookie

Originally Posted by 16n69
Hey there...just test drive an IS-F (for the 2nd time in 4 months shopping, 1st time was a "bust"...)
...I live in Vegas, and this dealer, seems ONLY to order / get USB or the SP white...both so common in 2011. I saw one go by the other day in OB black. that's it. don/t see many here. Never saw the MRM red?
Like 60 % of ALL cars on the road here, are silver (grey) or white...another 20% are black.
No colore in the world anymore?
Bring back the '50's & 60's...lol, but yeah!
Well when I bought my white '11 F from Lexus of Las Vegas, they had a black and a white. They actually put both cars right next to each other and said it's my choice with the same price because both had the same options. The reason why we don't have many darker cars here are because of the heat, of course. And I love my white, and to be honest I don't think the black that Lexus offers has the same jaw dropping finish as Audi does or Merc. My buddy brought his new black A4 the night I was deciding between black and white and we compared both the black from Audi and the black from Lexus and the Audi black just looked sexier.
Talk to Jim Stone, he's a manager at Lexus of Las Vegas, tell him to order one for you.
Old 09-26-11, 09:15 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOl this thread is over 2 years old
Old 09-26-11, 09:16 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not interested in 2006-1010 IS-F's, the chassis, steering and lack of a LSD make those lame.
Now the 2011-2012, that's a different story. Finally, it can be mentioned in the same conversation as the M3 or C63.
I guess the rest of us with 08-10 cars should just junk those POS's huh? Gimme a break.

I'm confused as to why you would want to come on here and insult the majority of members who own cars that you describe as "lame".

I respect your desire to buy the "latest and greatest" IS-F but the comments are unnecessary.

Any car can be mentioned in the same sentence. In the end it all boils down to the driver. The chassis revisions and LSD isn't going to prevent a poor driver from getting smoked by someone in a car without LSD.

IIRC 2010 was the first year for the Torsen LSD.
Old 09-26-11, 09:25 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You make no sense for posting this? DO you even know about these cars? Everything you wrote is wrong....esp lack of LSD
Old 09-26-11, 09:45 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

for your information the 2010 have LSD, the 2011 have suspension upgrades and the LED DRL. Its your opinion which car is best but come on! Enough with the insults already! 2008 and 2009 is basically in the same conversation as the M3 already. I wouldn't say C63 as that is a beast on a straight line. On the street it doesn't matter which car puts out the faster lap time cause that is only at the track with a professional driver. It all comes down to the driver and how well they utilize the vehicle to bring out the power. Lets get back on topic, the blue is a rare color and I love my blue car!

Old 09-27-11, 05:26 PM
16n69
Driver School Candidate

Arrow sorry, but...

Originally Posted by N54MPower
I guess the rest of us with 08-10 cars should just junk those POS's huh? Gimme a break.

I'm confused as to why you would want to come on here and insult the majority of members who own cars that you describe as "lame".

I respect your desire to buy the "latest and greatest" IS-F but the comments are unnecessary.

Any car can be mentioned in the same sentence. In the end it all boils down to the driver. The chassis revisions and LSD isn't going to prevent a poor driver from getting smoked by someone in a car without LSD.

IIRC 2010 was the first year for the Torsen LSD.
Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
You make no sense for posting this? DO you even know about these cars? Everything you wrote is wrong....esp lack of LSD
Originally Posted by Evil Teo
for your information the 2010 have LSD, the 2011 have suspension upgrades and the LED DRL. Its your opinion which car is best but come on! Enough with the insults already! 2008 and 2009 is basically in the same conversation as the M3 already. I wouldn't say C63 as that is a beast on a straight line. On the street it doesn't matter which car puts out the faster lap time cause that is only at the track with a professional driver. It all comes down to the driver and how well they utilize the vehicle to bring out the power. Lets get back on topic, the blue is a rare color and I love my blue car!
" DO you even know about these cars?"
YES....(typo on the 2006)
"Everything you wrote is wrong"...
Uh, NO. (do your homework...2011 far more capable, now ! )

uh...sorry, however, it never ceases to amaze me that just because a bunch of guys have a "certain" car...ONE cannot speak subjectively???
I WAS NOT INSULTING ANYONE!!!
Just responding with my OWN desire to pass on the years that DID NOT have the new "upgrades"...that EVERYONE who has driven BOTH (pre 2010 & a 2011) say those upgrades make a SIGNIFICANT difference, especially on the track.
So, so sensitive about your cars...jeez?

The truth is that the 2011 & 2012 are just much BETTER versions of the "F" than ever before.
That is bound to happen...and will continue, I am sure, if the "F" division of Lexus follows in the "footsteps" of the legendary "M" division of BMW, and keeps improving & tweaking these specialty cars they are so obsessive to build, and WE (car enthusiasts, not ra-ra cheerleaders for a "brand") LOVE to drive & mod...things wil continue to get better for the IS-F.

The "2006-2010 was a "TYPO" ...I know the "F" 's 1st year model was the 2008, was considering one then, but went with the much more refined M3...but NOW, I am glad I waited and am considering the "F" as I do not have a fun sedan. Glad I waited for the major upgrades & refinement in the 2011 "F" as it now is on a similar level as the M3 , minus the better control over chassis settings and throttle response the M3 has, way more sophisticated & versatile.

Last edited by 16n69; 09-27-11 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-27-11, 05:34 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

^ Digging yourself a deeper hole, buddy. Just apologize for calling the ISF lame and move on. The F has been on the same level as the m3 and the c63 since its inception, with or without the upgrades. So no, you still don't know what you are talking about.

Back on topic... I wish that USB remained exclusive to the F. I was sad that they are offering it first on the ISC, and now on the regular IS. However, since it is a flashy color, not too many people choose it, so it's still kind of rare. I just think it would have been cooler if Lexus reserved that color for the F-line.. L-FA, GS-F, IS-F.
Old 09-27-11, 06:02 PM
16n69
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by primecut
^ Digging yourself a deeper hole, buddy. Just apologize for calling the ISF lame and move on. The F has been on the same level as the m3 and the c63 since its inception, with or without the upgrades. So no, you still don't know what you are talking about.

Back on topic... I wish that USB remained exclusive to the F. I was sad that they are offering it first on the ISC, and now on the regular IS. However, since it is a flashy color, not too many people choose it, so it's still kind of rare. I just think it would have been cooler if Lexus reserved that color for the F-line.. L-FA, GS-F, IS-F.
"The F has been on the same level as the m3 and the c63 since its inception, with or without the upgrades."
Oh...wow, lol...just YOUR opinion and others who's ego it firmly attached to thier car?
The "F" previous to 2011, would be "smoked" around the track, by ANY E9x coupe or sedan and the C63 AMG. Fact

Last edited by 16n69; 09-27-11 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-27-11, 07:14 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

"The F has been on the same level as the m3 and the c63 since its inception, with or without the upgrades."
Oh...wow, lol...just YOUR opinion and otjhers who's ego it firmly attached to thier car?
The "F" previous to 2011, would be "smoked" around the track, by ANY E9x coupe or sedan and the C63 AMG. Fact
Sorry BMW fanboy (aka troll) but many of us have and do take our cars to the track on a regular basis. That being said i have never, meaning NOT ONE TIME been beaten by a M3 in a 1/4 drag or around the track. Maybe that is because i have not met a driver of an M3 whom was willing to push his vehicle to the limits, or was simply not as good a driver as his "M3 wearing shirt" suggested he was, but I will take you up on the challenge if you are in the PA area , and you feel the need to put your money where your EXTRA LARGE mouth is... My deal wold be this.. best of 3 1/4 mile runs, and or best of three laps of any local race track, I will even pay the track fees if I loose, you pay if I win... deal?

Lets face it C63 is a straight line car... end of conversation there... Like trying to get Lindsay Lohan to stay off the smack, it's just a mess in the bends!

Last edited by ming15237; 09-27-11 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-27-11, 08:28 PM
16n69
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by ming15237
Sorry BMW fanboy (aka troll) but many of us have and do take our cars to the track on a regular basis. That being said i have never, meaning NOT ONE TIME been beaten by a M3 in a 1/4 drag or around the track. Maybe that is because i have not met a driver of an M3 whom was willing to push his vehicle to the limits, or was simply not as good a driver as his "M3 wearing shirt" suggested he was, but I will take you up on the challenge if you are in the PA area , and you feel the need to put your money where your EXTRA LARGE mouth is... My deal wold be this.. best of 3 1/4 mile runs, and or best of three laps of any local race track, I will even pay the track fees if I loose, you pay if I win... deal?

Lets face it C63 is a straight line car... end of conversation there... Like trying to get Lindsay Lohan to stay off the smack, it's just a mess in the bends!
Oh ...I see , I am a "troll" because I own and appreciate the outrageously cool and legendary and long respected M3...and am now shopping for a Lexus IS-F sedan...so I will have both...I am a "fanboy" of BMW because of this???
How 'bout just a car enthusiast and performance driver...that would (and could easily) crush your glorified Toyota on a track...that is all the "F" is...but hey, I have owned nice Toyatas, Supras and such...
You "types" make me laugh...next time, leave the "ego" box un-checked when you "option" up your next car!
Old 09-27-11, 08:31 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Oh ...I see , I am a "troll" because I own and appreciate the outrageously cool and legendary and long respected M3...and am now shopping for a Lexus IS-F sedan...so I will have both...I am a "fanboy" of BMW because of this???
How 'bout just a car enthusiast and performance driver...that would (and could easily) crush your glorified Toyota on a track...that is all the "F" is...but hey, I have owned nice Toyatas, Supras and such...
You "types" make me laugh...next time, leave the "ego" box un-checked when you "option" up your next car!
and the reason you want the "Inferior over priced Toyota" is what exactly... never mind you got the rise you wanted.. Goodbye!
Old 09-27-11, 08:42 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Why don't you just get a 2012 GTR? End of discussion (coming from an ex- INFINITI "glorified Nissan" owner).
Old 09-27-11, 08:54 PM
16n69
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by ming15237
and the reason you want the "Inferior over priced Toyota" is what exactly... never mind you got the rise you wanted.. Goodbye!
You cannot read...I never said it was "overpriced"..."inferior"???...oh, believe I admitted that the 2011 is almost equal to an M3...so why would I NOT want one?
I am a car nut...a peformance "junkie'...I like the styling of the "F" ...the interior too.

Goodbye

Last edited by lobuxracer; 09-27-11 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Insult removed

Quick Reply: Is the Ultrasonic Blue Mica rare?