IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Snapshots of my virgin white IS-F + family

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09 | 04:39 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

ExclusivIS: Actually your idea is good but I have a reason why I wired it this way.

POSITION ONE allows for parking lights and LED's to turn on. No fogs (great for car shows)

POSITION TWO allows for headlights with LED's for DD

FOGS + POSITION TWO will turn everything on

I can always power on the fogs independently when headlights are on so the only combination I cannot enable would be fogs with the LED's only since Lexus made it that way and I have yet to figure out the relay schematic to change that

A lot of you were asking me for a picture furhter away so I'll try to get some tonight perhaps....

I still have a few other subtle mods for this car and then it's just wait time for my new rims!

rick

Last edited by s4play; 12-13-09 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-10-09 | 06:36 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
It might look kinda kool if you could wire the fogs to the DRL and run them together with an HID kit...and the LED strips you have on there now.

Rear diffuser looks on point, but I'd say leave it the way it is and if anything wrap the fins in the same flat carbon material everything else is on your car.
Exclusiv: Your wheels are really growing on me I was glancing at your sig and your car looks CLEAN!

Guess I have to retract my statement about "IS-F's only look good with BBS LM's" ~ your car pulls off those wheels nicely!
Old 12-11-09 | 10:33 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

The setup looks great!!

I think I'm going to tint my taillights similarly...

I'm still debating to do a carbon vinyl setup or just flat black...

Did you get a chance to take some pictures of the led setup from a distance?
Old 12-12-09 | 01:22 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by s4play
Exclusiv: Your wheels are really growing on me I was glancing at your sig and your car looks CLEAN!

Guess I have to retract my statement about "IS-F's only look good with BBS LM's" ~ your car pulls off those wheels nicely!
Thanks homie. So what'd you decide to do with your lights?
Old 12-13-09 | 11:38 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

It's been pouring rain here in norcal so once it clears up I'll take some details pictures of the various lighting stages I can run. I like the current setup so will keep it for a while.

here's POSITION ONE on stalk allowing for parking lights and lower LED's to turn on:

Old 01-05-10 | 11:26 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Some changes are done out of necessity, others are done out of choice...I have no problem buying parts to improve the car's performance but I hate having to buy something twice because of someone else's mistake or lack of knowledge.

Due to a incompetent CL sponsor (Acute Performance) who may or may not still be on here, they sold me a set of IS250/350 coils when I specifically asked for IS-F coils. So now I'm taking this chance to upgrade to KWV3's and also add new shoes ~ make a bad situation better

For 2010, I see quite a few changes for my IS-F so stay tuned for a new photoshoot once the new rims are on the car.

rick
Old 01-06-10 | 02:27 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

^^Keep us updated on the changed s4play, i'm anxious to see what else you have in store!
Old 01-09-10 | 08:50 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

nice work...
Old 01-10-10 | 04:21 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

S4,

You got any other Daytime pics of the 9005 LED your using for your DRL? Which one you using? VLED?
Old 01-10-10 | 04:58 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

here's two pics of the DRL LED's in daytime...look for a much better detailed shoot after the car show and when I get the new shoes on the car

Old 02-12-10 | 09:47 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Sorry I have no picture updates as I’m sitting at an airport and my car is dirty as sin right now with all the rain but I wanted to update my car build process from the last few weeks.

UPDATES:

9/26/09: Painted OEM front grill gloss black

10/19/09: Painted OEM badges gloss black (DIY)

10/24/09: Did the 3M wrap for the roof, rear diffuser, fog covers and custom flippers

12/7/09: Installed my custom rear diffuser for the IS-F and I feel overall the project turned out to be a success. It really cleans up the rear quite a bit and doesn’t make it look so bulky and fat from the factory. Combined with the 3M CF vinyl and diffuser, it gives the area between the exhaust a much needed separation which pretty much all other cars have these days. Aftermarket support isn’t too great with this car which I actually kinda enjoy since it gives me the opportunity to make more parts!

Old picture for now…

12/13/09: Installed my custom LED DRL’s next to fogs. 6000k pure white and totally waterproof. They come in with the parking lights and give the car a bit more character.

1/18/10: Finally swapped out the BCR coils on the car for some REAL coilovers that do the job correctly. If you guys don’t know the whole story, read my thread here (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ircuit-ms.html) Long story short, I drove the car home last night and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference. No more nasty scraping or bottoming out sounds when I hit the same pot holes and dips in the road. Car felt like my old e46 m3 now and I can actually DRIVE the car without worrying about a ridiculously soft suspension! Every bump is not firm but controlled and the car no longer sways and feels super planted on the road. Sweepers on highways have virtually no lean and you can really hit some fast speeds onto the highway even in pouring rain!

1/22/10: After reading a lot about CL users, I decided to give the V-1 mirror mount a try. I ordered the piece from Mike after all the advice this awesome forum. The piece showed up via USPS a few days later and I hard-wired my V-1 cable so now the unit just hangs under my rear view mirror. One note is the clamp was too small to fit around my mirror stalk since I had it upgraded under RECALL from Lexus to the IS-C mirror. No biggie as it took 5 minutes with a Dremel to open up the hole and then it clamps right onto the mirror. Operation works great and it’s very solid so no vibrations or issues. The V-1 has already saved me twice in this new position and I really like it so far.

February/2010: Look for a few key new modifications coming SOON!

Last edited by s4play; 03-13-10 at 10:26 PM. Reason: updated pics 3/12/10
Old 02-12-10 | 06:51 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

love it!!!!
Old 02-21-10 | 02:42 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

UPDATE: 2/21/10

One thing good about this rainy weather is I don't have as much excuse to drive my washed cars so I can spend more time in the garage

I decided to take the dash apart and give it the same treatment as the roof since I really don't like silver CF. The door panel trims are being done but here's a shot of the BEFORE/AFTER of the center console!

BORING SILVER CF:

COOL BLACK CF:

PM me if you have any questions!

More mods to come very soon, stay tuned for more! The car is nearing it modding completion
Old 02-21-10 | 02:48 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

^^ love the carbon fiber mods.. black emblems set it off too
Old 02-21-10 | 03:40 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Looks awesome... btw my diffuser goes on Thursday =)

The Black CF wrap looks amazing! I don't know if its the color or the texture that I like more... I just want to touch it

Quick Reply: Snapshots of my virgin white IS-F + family