IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

People are such A*hole nowadays

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 07:02 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

maybe ur high beams were on. lol. if they come out the car i would of just went around, u never know wat they have in the the car.
Old 08-08-09, 07:22 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by john37
im glad nothing worse happened. i thought everyone in texas had a gun. you guys have the most lenient gun laws soooo awesome.
YEAH! castle law!
Old 08-08-09, 08:40 AM
anson89
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come to think of it. I'm gonna get a BB gun, lol. Anyone knows if this is legal to put in the car without a license or something?

Ridiculous, if I was driving a beat Camry or SUV, that's fine.. They could slam the door all day long. But it was the F, I got really ***********g pissed. I get pissed off when people put fingerprints on them. But these fools should just die next time.
Old 08-08-09, 08:43 AM
anson89
Driver

Originally Posted by DFLORES
im glad your ok but i hope the never see me in my is-f! for one im 6'2" and i 250 pounds of whoop a** and i also pack my H&K USP 45. i also pack when im in the F! to many crazy people in texas! lol! good luck!
Lol. I'm 6"1, 215 pounds myself bro. It's 3 guys against 1 in the middle of the night, sometimes you just gotta be a wimp.
Old 08-08-09, 01:10 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like how everyone here talks tough on the internet but in reality the OP did the right thing. Why antagonize them more and risk your life?

Somehow I think if you pulled a gun and shot one guy, besides legal issues those other two might have a gun too??? Just diffuse the situation and leaving is the best course of action.

Everyone talks tough here and wants to shoot someone but it's simply not a good idea. I have guns but would NEVER pull it on anyone unless my life was in clear danger. Pulling a gun without the intention of using it is probably more stupid than owning one IMO.
Old 08-08-09, 01:15 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Times like these are why I carry a knife in my glove compartment and know some friends that carry bats in their trunk...people are nuckin futs and you gotta take stuff into your own hands at times...Also just for the fear factor. People will back off if they try talking ****, they realize you don't want to deal with it, they'll stop dead in their tracks.
I'm surprised they just took off like that and didn't do any more.
Old 08-08-09, 01:18 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Dude, you are in Texas, you should have blasted them as soon as they opened your door. I can't believe someone was stupid enough to pull that **** in Tx.
Old 08-08-09, 08:23 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

You should get their plate number and report them to the police. They should have never opened your door. I would have put it in reverse when the guy opened the door and stepped on it. Despite not having a weapon to defend yourself, if someone was threatening my life, I'd do whatever to prevent myself from getting hurt. Pisses me off hearing that! Glad you're ok.

My car is like my baby. Rules change as soon as something touches it and threatens my life.
Old 08-08-09, 09:03 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

it just goes to show the true character behind bimmer and lexus drivers. im not saying this for all bimmers or lexus drivers, but for the most part BMW drivers tend to be arrogant, cocky, and defensive, thinking their cars are almighty and rule the road. In this case, you (the Lexus driver) showed class by not retaliating and remained calm and innocent under the circumstances. truth be told, bimmers are envious of our vehicles. they know they arent sexy. they have the hp and torque to compete, but thats all. lexus oozes class, dignity, and luxury, all the while puttin out some major power. we are the total package, and those who cant compare will stop at nothing to try to bring us down to their level. kudos to you for stayin chill, even though three big guys comin at you isnt something you'd like to see. also, ALWAYS lock those doors!!
Old 08-08-09, 09:09 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DFLORES
im glad your ok but i hope the never see me in my is-f! for one im 6'2" and i 250 pounds of whoop a** and i also pack my H&K USP 45. i also pack when im in the F! to many crazy people in texas! lol! good luck!
Sick with it!
Same option of weapon I'd carry on my IS if it was legal in CA lol

OP if at any moment I saw someone exiting their vehicle depending on
who I'm with I'd;

a) If I'm with my cousin / friend -> eff em up,
b) Girlfriend, lose them,
c) Alone, if he's alone, and comes close I'll take care of business.

Good to hear you're ok

Last edited by XhyDra; 08-08-09 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-08-09, 10:09 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Its funny to a point a shame how everyone is being so I will kick your butt and so on and on. But this is just how situations get out of hand and we hear about a senseless death. I dont care how bad or good you are, trained in every art , or have a loaded gun in each hand you can never predict other peoples issues, actions, how drunk or high they are or even if they have killed someone before. If it were me I would have if I could backed up and got the hell out of there or made a U turn or whatever. LOL you think a BB gun or bat is going to turn the tide with you strapped and sitting in your car? What if they came back there with guns and started shooting at you or you with your gun shot and killed one or all of them, what if a child or person not involved at all with this gets killed by accident because you guys were in the heat of the moment.
Yea in certain states the law might be on your side but you can never take that back-never and these days you can never be sure of what a jury and court of law will do either.

The best way to handle that situation is to not be there, plain and simple. Not a damn thing wrong with burning rubber and getting out of there. Dont let your ego and emotions control you let your mind control you. You did the right thing by not doing anything or making it worse but I still would have not let them have the chance to get close to my car.

Last edited by kickhard; 08-08-09 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-08-09, 10:23 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear about the scary incident. Im just glad you are ok.

Given it is too late to backup.

I agree with S4Play that everyone talks tough through the internet, but at the same time I can not blame some of the comments made here about pulling a gun. I would have pulled a gun on the guy. Now to actually pull the trigger will all depend on him.

To have 3 guys screaming from another car at 1am will scare anyone. And to have one of the guy enter his car without permission (screaming), is a life threatening situation IMO. Who knows...they could've been under the influence of drugs/alcohol, and there intention that evening was to hurt/kill someone.

I hope to never get in the same situation but if I do and I was packing, I have no problem pointing a gun to his face screaming my lungs out (with expression of fear) to "GET THE F#CK OUT NOW!!!" Will I pull the trigger? Again, that will all depend with the situation.

So now let me reverse the story, we are the 3 crazy guys now.

So we're driving along (after drinking at the bar) and we think the a$$hole behind us is tailgating. We give him a brake check. Few minutes later we start screaming at the guy to f#cken stop following us so close. Single driver said "I'm not tailgating/following you guys." We continue to persist he was. We get out and continue to scream more at the scared driver. Now our friend Tonto (a real Indian) gets in the guys car. We see the scared driver pull a gun on Tonto's face. We shut the f#ck up! And we can hear the scared driver scream out loud (with fear), GET THE F#CK OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think our friend Tonto will do? What will you do?

Last edited by JVT; 08-08-09 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-08-09, 10:33 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Saw thread title & thought *yup, but I wonder why in this instance*

Read story ... eesh!

I think I would have definitely drivin away (& I always drive with my doors locked). I think the story is scary & they're more than just a-holes.

Actually, one time a friend of mine & I were in his TL and long story short some guys did get out of their car and come at us and we totally just booked it out of there. Not trying to thread jack just saying, I'm down for run away! That way I stay ok & so does my car.
Old 08-08-09, 10:36 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,056 Likes on 2,455 Posts

If Tonto is amped on crank he might keep coming. Then you've really got a problem.

Best advice so far - stuff it in reverse and get the hell out of there. You NEVER want to shoot someone unless you're on assignment for the military and its the enemy. Period. The courts will bend you over and have your butt repeatedly when you get sued for wrongful death. Even in Texas.

It's really easy to talk about how big and bad you are over the Internet. It's a whole different thing when you're there and have to respond. The smart cat runs like a school girl biotch and saves the $100k on attorneys by not engaging.
Old 08-08-09, 10:49 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
If Tonto is amped on crank he might keep coming. Then you've really got a problem.

Best advice so far - stuff it in reverse and get the hell out of there. You NEVER want to shoot someone unless you're on assignment for the military and its the enemy. Period. The courts will bend you over and have your butt repeatedly when you get sued for wrongful death. Even in Texas.

It's really easy to talk about how big and bad you are over the Internet. It's a whole different thing when you're there and have to respond. The smart cat runs like a school girl biotch and saves the $100k on attorneys by not engaging.
I totally agree with you, but what if it is to late to run and its your life against Tonto (who is on crank) and ready to kill.

EDIT: You do not need a gun to kill someone.

There has to be a law around this situation. It's like someone entering your home/property without permission.

Quick Reply: People are such A*hole nowadays