IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

People are such A*hole nowadays

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 10:51 PM
anson89
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's really true on talking big, but think about it. When you're in a real life situation like this, you can't think straight. For some ODD reason, I rolled down the windows, I didn't pull it on reverse. That was a huge huge mistake I made.

Here's another funny thing, this morning, I was driving around the neighborhood to look for this dude before have breakfast with my gf. He lives literally 2 minutes away from me, 5 minutes walking distance. It was early in the morning, he parked his car outside the drive away. Now that I know his plate number, car and house. I can do so much. But I chose not to, because it's gonna go back and forth and it's gonna get worst. But the thing that still ticks me off the most is that stinking idiot came in my car and slammed my baby. That was painful. I just hope nothing breaks.
Old 08-08-09, 10:56 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,056 Likes on 2,455 Posts

Originally Posted by JVT
I totally agree with you, but what if it is to late to run and its your life against Tonto (who is on crank) and ready to kill.

EDIT: You do not need a gun to kill someone.

There has to be a law around this situation. It's like someone entering your home/property without permission.
I've spent an unfortunate amount of my adult life in courts. Here's what I can tell you - the court won't save your butt. Ever. All you get is the satisfaction you won on your day in court. It won't stop the rest of the tragedy.

As soon as you see doors pop - it's time to roll out by any means available. Also remember if you hit one of these fools and leave the scene, it's a felony hit and run for YOU. Reverse is your best friend if there's no one behind you, and flipping a biotch if someone is behind you is fair play if you need to save yourself. Even if there's a median.
Old 08-08-09, 11:09 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've spent an unfortunate amount of my adult life in courts. Here's what I can tell you - the court won't save your butt. Ever. All you get is the satisfaction you won on your day in court. It won't stop the rest of the tragedy.

As soon as you see doors pop - it's time to roll out by any means available. Also remember if you hit one of these fools and leave the scene, it's a felony hit and run for YOU. Reverse is your best friend if there's no one behind you, and flipping a biotch if someone is behind you is fair play if you need to save yourself. Even if there's a median.
Can't it be argued? For instance, three guys are there and try to rob you and you feel that you have no other option but to run them over. I would do that and then go to the police station after to tell them the whole situation..
Old 08-08-09, 11:10 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer

That's really unfortunate to read considering the scenario is a life threatening situation. In that case, the law is really f#cked up. Just few mos. ago, a man ran over an elderly woman (while backing up at gas station) and killed her. Guess what? "The law" said, "it was an accident." Police dept. did not file any charges. Sure he will get sued by the family, but I'm sure he is more concerned about going to jail.

In any event, this is one of best topic I read thus far - very educational. Everyone has good points but bottom line, just stay away from situations like this one. Also, I agree some of the HID lights are super bright, so much so they are annoying/blinding. Now I'm thinking twice if I want to go with
brighter bulbs.

Last edited by JVT; 08-08-09 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-09-09, 12:11 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,056 Likes on 2,455 Posts

Originally Posted by Phiber
Can't it be argued? For instance, three guys are there and try to rob you and you feel that you have no other option but to run them over. I would do that and then go to the police station after to tell them the whole situation..
Sure you can argue. How much money do you have to give to attorneys to argue? $25k? $50K? $100K or more? That's what you're going to spend. My last divorce cost me nearly $20k in attorney's fees and I was already $50k in debt! There was nothing to discuss, but it sure cost me a grip to go and lose. Imagine what you'll be facing when the idiot's family sues you for wrongful death, or if the fool survives, he sues you for injuries?

Sure, argue all you want. Spend your money. You won't get jack from the idiot/fool even if he loses. Remember, when you have a judgment against someone, all you have is a piece of paper saying someone owes you. Collecting is a whole new issue and requires MORE court time and MORE effort on your part. BTDT, got the t-shirt more times than I'd ever like to admit. You're WAY ahead to just avoid the whole mess in the first place.
Old 08-09-09, 12:58 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had to be a BMW owner
Old 08-09-09, 03:36 AM
luciush
Driver

Originally Posted by DFLORES
im glad your ok but i hope the never see me in my is-f! for one im 6'2" and i 250 pounds of whoop a** and i also pack my H&K USP 45. i also pack when im in the F! to many crazy people in texas! lol! good luck!
i always roll with my xd40!!!

houston is a different place at night...lol
Old 08-09-09, 03:47 AM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought cali was crazy... hold on maybe just on restrictions on mods..
yeh..but my friend got stabbed in LA. rite infront of me. it was not fun... so if i were you, if somebody picks on you its not worth the fight... just lay off and you might live..
Old 08-09-09, 10:35 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just glad nobody was hurt.
Old 08-11-09, 01:50 PM
DubK250
Driver School Candidate

Forget the gun, forget the slammed door. You're ok. You handled the situation perfectly. The only way it could've gone better is if the doors were locked. Even then, you would've probably had "Tonto" pounding on your doors and windows.
You walked/drove away doing every single thing right. Just always make absolutely sure the doors are always locked.
Old 08-11-09, 02:54 PM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by anson89
Here's another funny thing, this morning, I was driving around the neighborhood to look for this dude before have breakfast with my gf. He lives literally 2 minutes away from me, 5 minutes walking distance.

If the guys lives near you, I would be extra careful. Do you think he knows that you also leave nearby? Just be ready nextime....call 911 right away or get a car cam. oH and one more thing if you park outside get a camera too...who knows what this guy will do.

Be safe.
Old 08-11-09, 07:48 PM
anson89
Driver

Originally Posted by Galaxy 40
If the guys lives near you, I would be extra careful. Do you think he knows that you also leave nearby? Just be ready nextime....call 911 right away or get a car cam. oH and one more thing if you park outside get a camera too...who knows what this guy will do.

Be safe.
Nah, he doesn't know where he lives... I hope
I park my car inside the garage
But I know EXACTLY where he lives
Old 08-11-09, 09:21 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DFLORES
im glad your ok but i hope the never see me in my is-f! for one im 6'2" and i 250 pounds of whoop a** and i also pack my H&K USP 45. i also pack when im in the F! to many crazy people in texas! lol! good luck!
I'm with you. I always carry a pistol (I'm a CHL holder) when driving. I pray I never have to use it.

Last edited by Cabinetman; 08-11-09 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-11-09, 10:13 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

agreed, some people are crazy, anger management, they are just jealous of your car lol
Old 08-11-09, 11:43 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by anson89
I was driving down a neighborhood and a BMW 5 series was right in front. As we kept going, he just slammed his brakes all of a sudden just to test if I was tailgating him, but I was not, apparently my lights were too bright to the point where people just think I'm tailgating. And we hit the first stop sign, he stops right in the middle of the two lanes, 3 big Indians came out the car, I rolled the the window and they start yelling and cussing at me for tailgating and following them around. I just said, "I wasn't tailgating, I wasn't following around."

One of them came over to the passenger side (BIG MISTAKE, I didn't lock my doors), opened the door and started yelling the same thing. Slammed my door really hard and drove away.

For a moment, I thought I was gonna die because it was 1am, and I was alone in the car.
Don't panic, take the tag number down and decide if you want to play later.

Quick Reply: People are such A*hole nowadays