IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

People are such A*hole nowadays

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 09:06 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j8123
Things could have been a lot worse. You never know what they may have been up to.
That's exactly my thinking too! It sounds like these were guys who were looking for trouble. Who, in their right mind gets out of their car in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere to confront a stranger in another car??!! I've heard of/read about people who behave like this getting shot. You could have been an off-duty policeman for all they knew. These guys were stupid AND crazy! You did the correct thing, in my opinion, by not giving them further cause. Obviously, I disagree with some of the others here who feel that they would have responded with violence under similar circumstances. I take the position that no one really knows the stranger next to them. As a matter of fact, I saw yesterday that someone attending the President's town hall meeting in New Hampshire thought it appropriate to bring their sidearm with them.
Old 08-12-09, 11:20 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daplaya022
well usually the car unlocks if you put it into park.
no, if u set it to unlock only when you shut the engine off and in 10 seconds drivers door is opened...this is what I choose to have in my ISF
Old 08-12-09, 11:25 AM
Terrance29
Driver School Candidate

Thats why you should have a pistol under your seat.
Old 08-12-09, 11:29 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

sorry at work didn't have time to read the whole thread.

so if somebody already stereotyped BMW drivers as being dicks sorry, i'm going to do it again

BMW drivers are DICKS!!!!! freaking they always cut you off.... they think they're better and they always have to show it, they won't let you get in front of them, as soon as you turn on your signals to change lanes they speed up and if you manage to fit in get right on your ***. when you get side by side next to them they always speed up cuz they think they're faster... silly 328 i's hahaha

but seriously sorry for any of you who are previous BMW owners, but i stand by that statement that all bmw drivers are dicks
Old 08-12-09, 11:50 AM
gs400tx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xuningshen
but seriously sorry for any of you who are previous BMW owners, but i stand by that statement that all bmw drivers are dicks
http://assets.knowyourmeme.com/i/655...cepalm1ve4.jpg
Old 08-12-09, 11:59 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

awww oops.... haha sorry bro, i guess i should say most not all
but no joke, this past weekend i got cut off by 2 bmw drivers, 328i and a 335i
and then on my way to work yesterday morning i saw a 335i weaving thru traffic

Last edited by xuningshen; 08-12-09 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-12-09, 12:15 PM
gs400tx
Lead Lap

You know, yesterday, when a chevy cobalt was hanging a U turn in the middle of the road, I stopped and allowed her to go (even though I could have gone around) and ended up missing the light because of it (not to mention the half-dozen times I have let someone enter the road from a parking lot when they had been waiting). I felt no need to flip them off or enact any type of vehicle superiority. I guess it will take a generation or two before these stereotypes finally die.
Old 08-12-09, 02:38 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ngl1145
You should get their plate number and report them to the police. They should have never opened your door. I would have put it in reverse when the guy opened the door and stepped on it. Despite not having a weapon to defend yourself, if someone was threatening my life, I'd do whatever to prevent myself from getting hurt. Pisses me off hearing that! Glad you're ok.

My car is like my baby. Rules change as soon as something touches it and threatens my life.
I agree with what Nick says. Get their plate number and call the cops. The cops would definitely track them down for questioning.
Old 08-12-09, 03:23 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xuningshen
sorry at work didn't have time to read the whole thread.

so if somebody already stereotyped BMW drivers as being dicks sorry, i'm going to do it again

BMW drivers are DICKS!!!!! freaking they always cut you off.... they think they're better and they always have to show it, they won't let you get in front of them, as soon as you turn on your signals to change lanes they speed up and if you manage to fit in get right on your ***. when you get side by side next to them they always speed up cuz they think they're faster... silly 328 i's hahaha

I know you don't mean this as it sounds, so I won't take it seriously or personally.
Old 08-13-09, 11:29 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
I know you don't mean this as it sounds, so I won't take it seriously or personally.
yea my bad.... that came off to strong...

i was just pissed at the moment cuz one of the bmw that cut me out shot out from a gas station on my right side as i was approaching a light to get into the left turn lane at the signal, i had to slam on my brakes which caused the food in my car to launch forward and fall off my passenger seat.... luckily the fast food place packed the soup and chow mein well enough so it didn't spill
but yea my bad =\\

i showed this post to my buddy with a 328i and he said "we weave because our cars handle good" lol i thought it was funny
Old 08-13-09, 05:21 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tuff guys

It has been my experience that tuff guys are almost always the first ones dead... Having been involved in law enforcement for the better part of 9 years, I have found that discretion is always the better part of valor! I have seen people killed over VERY stupid things like this event you guys have been discussing. All I can say is you did the right thing by leaving, I would continue this practice in life when things turn ugly, and would recommend leaving even earlier next time, read someone gets out of their car, MY car goes into reverse. Do I carry a firearm? YES, do I want to use it? NO!!! It just makes me laugh when I see all these "Internet Tuffguys" writing I would blow him away, shot him, run his a$$ over... blah blah blah. Trust me in a real life situation they will be the first guys *****ing their pants! A true tuff guy doesn't have to talk about it, he packs up his ego, and walks away, and enjoys the rest of his long and peaceful life! Anything other that what you did would have gotten you charged with a minimum of "criminal menacing" her or assault if you had hit one of them with your car, none of these options are cheep, and ALL involve jail time!
Old 08-13-09, 09:52 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Yep. Many of those tuffies with guns, will end up using the guns on their own family members or themselves at some point, that's real productive.
Old 08-13-09, 09:56 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

i would;ve gunned it if i was alone
Old 08-14-09, 05:57 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Default Go

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
i would;ve gunned it if i was alone
Even if I had 10 buddies with me all having 50 Cal Barret's, I would have gunned it and saved the inevitable headache! Remember ladies and gents "Pride" and "Bravado" will get your a$$ killed!
Old 08-14-09, 12:55 PM
ahlailai
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ming15237
Even if I had 10 buddies with me all having 50 Cal Barret's, I would have gunned it and saved the inevitable headache! Remember ladies and gents "Pride" and "Bravado" will get your a$$ killed!
True to that. Its not worth it. If you get locked up for something like this, you think back and regret why you didnt just drive away and forget about it..