IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Test Driven - Faulty 'F'?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 11:42 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kickhard
LOL I was saying the same thing to myself. I mean modding this car with all that stuff and this car might have problem plus it was only a test drive he doesnt even own it!!! Take the time to read and understand the original post. LOL

3 owners in just 11k kinda tells you something. This car could have been a buy back from lexus. This is also not the first time that I have heard what the OP has said.

My stock car chirps in 1st and 2nd no problem and even though this car gets to 100mph quick to me its very quiet and subdued.
Jeez,,,,,I was basically trying to point out that on my first time test driving the F, I basically felt the same way he did and by adding the two mods that I did, the car felt totally different. its just my 2 cents no need to start bashing on me saying im dumb by telling him to get the two mods when he dont even own the car...
Old 08-13-09, 11:47 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vraa
Dude the guy hasnt even bought the car and is wondering if it's normal for it to feel slow, and you're already telling him to get and intake and throttle controller?

I feel like bashing my head against the wall sometimes!
Lobux where are you!!!
Dude, why is everyone responding to this guy then? he has no intention of buying the F, he specifically said hes looking at a Bmw. everyone should reply to him go get the bmw and dont ask stupid questions about the F.
Old 08-14-09, 12:09 AM
Low Offset
Driver

Also to the original guy who owned that red F. I know who the second owner of that car was. He traded it in because he wanted something with a stick. Not that it had problems.
Old 08-14-09, 02:30 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks to everyone that responded - I didn't want this thread to turn into an Anti ISF thread.. I was just stating the car I drove may have had problems because there is no way 416 HP car felt that underpowered..

Originally Posted by testmetest
Were you, your GF, and the saleman in the car? Is he fat? There is a huge difference from just me driving vs. driving with 3 people.

Maybe it is a bad car. 3 owners in 11k miles? Can you contact the old owner and ask why he sold it?
It was just me and the sales guy - he was about 180 lbs and i'm about 230 lbs.

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
were you at dealer off of 59?
Yup, Its the Jag/Land Rover/Volvo place between Momentum BMW and Sterling McCall Lexus.

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
My advice to you is get the K and N intake and the Blitz throttle controller. Totally different car with these two simple mods. I swear my G37 was faster than my F when I test drove it the first time. I personally think Lexus messed up on the gas pedal, its too too heavy especially for most ppl that are geared toward 400+HP Most ppl probably agree with me that the gas pedal is not responsive at all on the F especially if you are not in Sport mode. Get the Blitz throttle controller, it totally changes the gas pedal response and the tranny shifts hella faster too, mainly cause it dont gear hunt anymore with the Blitz. I tried it on the highway and without the Blitz it downshifts from 8th to 6th, maybe 5th if you are pedal to the metal. But even when it downshifts, it seems to gear hunt for a split second before going into the appropriate gear. with the Blitz, It went from 8th to 4th on the highway with absolutely no hesitation and it put a hella big grin on me afterwards. Btw, no way your Gs is faster than the F, unless you got forced induction. It just feels more responsive if you ask me.
Thanks for input, i'm considering the blitz controller for my LS430.. And for clarification - I didn't say The F cars are slower than my modded GS, I said " My GS is quicker than THIS particular 'F' (the one I drove)..

Originally Posted by DFLORES
all i gotta say is that maybe it was not working up to par? i will let u drive mine when i down visiting the folks and show u it was not a normal IS-F!
Thanks!! I'm looking forward to it!!

Originally Posted by VIPERVENOM
Just buy the bmw.
The BMW is for my girl friend, she wanted a 328 coupe but tonite i talked her into a 335 coupe..

Originally Posted by kickhard
LOL I was saying the same thing to myself. I mean modding this car with all that stuff and this car might have problem plus it was only a test drive he doesnt even own it!!! Take the time to read and understand the original post. LOL

3 owners in just 11k kinda tells you something. This car could have been a buy back from lexus. This is also not the first time that I have heard what the OP has said.

My stock car chirps in 1st and 2nd no problem and even though this car gets to 100mph quick to me its very quiet and subdued.
Thanks for reading, accurately!

Originally Posted by btwanky
sounds like sport mode wasnt enabled
I did drove it with Sport mode and with VSC off..

Originally Posted by n0th1ng
i would goto a lexus dealer to test drive the F and tell us if you feel any difference..
Originally Posted by tmf2004
I would say the same thing. Go to another dealer and test a new one..
Dealers are not stocking F's anymore - "Special Order Only" as they told me.. GRRR

I was basically trying to point out the same, by letting him know that I got a blitz to improve response and intake to add hp, but we got so many rude comments here already by other forum members. I read the entire post, if I wanted to be a dikc like some of you guys, I would have busted his chops instantly and said hes retarded by saying his GS feels faster. My suggestion was to get those two items if he did buy the F, whether that particular red one or a brand new one and only if he bought one. Why does everyone make such a big fuss over simple suggestions on this forum? let me ask you, why even bother replying if everythings self explanatory. No one should even reply but say to him, buy the 3 series you were originally looking at, he had no original intentions to buy a F. So it all comes down to everyone wasting time explaining that the red F has problems, So is everyone gonna bash their head on the wall?
Again Thanks for the input.. and again.. I never said my GS is faster than the F.. I said, theres something wrong with THIS particular "F" - and since i own a modded GS which i know inside and out is my comparison car.. I thought to myself - The F better blow my socks off compared to my GS400, but this one didn't but i'm not giving up.. I'm in the market for one!

My girlfriend is the one who wants a BMW Coupe.. Thanx bro..

Dude, why is everyone responding to this guy then? he has no intention of buying the F, he specifically said hes looking at a Bmw. everyone should reply to him go get the bmw and dont ask stupid questions about the F.
Yes, for the 2nd and 3rd time - I'm in the market for an ISF and for the record i was shopping BMW's for my girlfriend who wants a 3 series coupe.. Relax everyone - lets get back on topic..

Last edited by lobuxracer; 08-14-09 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Removed unrelated material
Old 08-14-09, 12:08 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe you were expecting too much.
Old 08-14-09, 12:24 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe there was indeed something wrong with the car, or maybe your expectations were too high. Either way, if you are truly interested, I'm sure you can locate a new 09 somewhere, even if it's a bit of a drive. That way you can test a new one and be sure. And if you still think it's underwhelming, then you can move on.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 08-14-09 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Removed unrelated material
Old 08-14-09, 01:32 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,978 Likes on 2,406 Posts

Clean up on aisle three is complete. STAY ON TOPIC! Posts not related to the thread title will be deleted with extreme prejudice.
Old 08-14-09, 01:33 PM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And check the trunk to make sure they didn't install a Trunk Monkey. That's another 150 pounds or so.
Old 08-05-10, 06:15 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

UPDATE: I recently test drove a '09 ISF Blue/White w/20K miles!!

Compared to the Red 'F' I drove in first drove in this thread.. There was DEF something wrong with the first 'F' I drove.. because...

This Blue '09 was fast, oh yeah, made my GS430 feel slow when i got back in my car..

IS-F, one very interesting Ride!
Old 08-05-10, 09:07 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

I test drove F a few months ago and felt the same way. It didn't feel that fast...maybe I was expecting too much but when I jumped back in to my 350 it feels much faster than F. I think you were expecting F to be a rocket ship but it isn't.
Old 08-05-10, 09:20 AM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4

Compared to the Red 'F' I drove in first drove in this thread.. There was DEF something wrong with the first 'F' I drove.. because...

This Blue '09 was fast, oh yeah, made my GS430 feel slow when i got back in my car..

Sounds like the blue paint enhances throttle response
Old 08-05-10, 09:36 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by dojoman
I test drove F a few months ago and felt the same way. It didn't feel that fast...maybe I was expecting too much but when I jumped back in to my 350 it feels much faster than F. I think you were expecting F to be a rocket ship but it isn't.
^^ Comparing my 08 IS350 to my 08 ISF...

My F is a rocket ship for sure...!! Hands down there is no confusion to be made on that..

Joe Z
Old 08-05-10, 09:43 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i remember i drove the F around the mini autox thing at Fontana... it was fast but not mind blowing fast.. maybe it was cuz my DD was a supercharged GS4... but i gotta say the shifting is uber quick. If only i could afford one. :/
Old 08-05-10, 09:44 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm glad to hear you had this positive experience. Something definitely sounds wrong about the Red one you drove. Wheel spin from a stop is EASY in normal or sport mode with these cars. It the reason I upsized tires when I needed new ones.
Old 08-05-10, 01:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,978 Likes on 2,406 Posts

My suspicion is someone put regular gas in the red one you tested. The car will run on regular and you won't see anything on the dash light up, but it feels neutered. Bet money the guys at the Jag dealer went cheap on the fill up.

Quick Reply: ISF Test Driven - Faulty 'F'?