IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Replacing my F with a Bimmer

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-09, 10:28 AM
Reciprocal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes the decision hinges on the smallest of details. I liked the M3 too, but wanted to have a spare tire instead of a flatbed hauler come to my rescue.
Old 08-20-09, 11:28 AM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by duboseq
Do I hear DINAN upgrades?
Doubtful. While there is a much larger aftermarket for the M, most of it is priced too high for me. I'm sure I will do a few upgrades, but I doubt I will be all over the $3k plus exhaust systems and such.

Originally Posted by Reciprocal
Sometimes the decision hinges on the smallest of details. I liked the M3 too, but wanted to have a spare tire instead of a flatbed hauler come to my rescue.
Luckily my father-in-law owns a decent size wrecker company so I'm covered within a few hundred miles of home base. I have to admit, the can of a fix-a-flat and air compressor seem like more effort than just giving the M3 a spare.
Old 08-20-09, 12:14 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cabinetman
Doubtful. While there is a much larger aftermarket for the M, most of it is priced too high for me. I'm sure I will do a few upgrades, but I doubt I will be all over the $3k plus exhaust systems and such.

Yeah you got to pay to play. Maybe an ecu flash or something will do.
Old 08-21-09, 10:28 AM
Christan
Driver

the m3 is a hell of a car. Its probably the benchmark for performance (mid sized) saloons/coupes. It revs up to 8200rpm, and drives well. Mechanical Slip diff, a nice engine and gear box.. I'm still deciding whether the new DCT or Sequential on the amazing e46 m3 is better.

The only complaint i have? The interior and the dials. They really really need to fix it. And the idrive...dont get me started on that !@# thing! Seriously BMW!!!! Is it just me or it gets worse with each update?!

Anyway good luck and have fun with your new purchase. Its a great car!
Old 08-21-09, 01:03 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Christan
the m3 is a hell of a car. Its probably the benchmark for performance (mid sized) saloons/coupes. It revs up to 8200rpm, and drives well. Mechanical Slip diff, a nice engine and gear box.. I'm still deciding whether the new DCT or Sequential on the amazing e46 m3 is better.

The only complaint i have? The interior and the dials. They really really need to fix it. And the idrive...dont get me started on that !@# thing! Seriously BMW!!!! Is it just me or it gets worse with each update?!

Anyway good luck and have fun with your new purchase. Its a great car!
Thanks!

Have you tried the updated 2009 i-Drive? It didn't seem too bad to me. The finally got smart and made hard buttons for commonly used features on the audio system and such. Granted, I haven't had to live with the i-Drive yet, so I may be singing a different tune in a few months.