IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus IS F - CONVERSATION @ Costco

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-09, 09:46 AM
Ace00
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lexus IS F - CONVERSATION @ Costco

Getting gas for my girl 04 Honda Civic, then i saw a SGM IS F pull up next to me. First thought was "hmmm, if i had an IS F, i would never put COSTCO gas in it" then i noticed it was a female driver/owner. I walked over to her and had a conversation with her:

Me: How much do you like you IS F so far?

Girl: I love it, I've had all kinds Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Audi's yuck!, Lexus (Yes, she said Lexus twice)

Me: Nice.

Girl: It's so much fun to drive, I have no complaints. I love it.

I also noticed that she had a european accent, and was happy that europeans is somewhat embracing the IF F, even though it was a lady. I don't want to discredit her opinion.

SIDENOTE: I know eventually i will get an IS F, but only when the second generation comes out.

Does ANYONE know if next year model or the second generation will be able to support the new navigation like the one that is in the 2010 RX 350.
I love the mouse thingy, and live traffic. etc..the windshield display would be nice too.
Old 08-14-09, 11:02 AM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, I swear I thought this thread was about some sort of IS F conversion going on at Costco, not some conversation. lol.
Old 08-14-09, 11:33 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

You should've gotten her phone number so you don't have to buy your own, just drive her car.
Old 08-14-09, 11:38 AM
Thr3350
Pole Position

How much was the muscle milk at costco?
Old 08-14-09, 12:07 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
You should've gotten her phone number so you don't have to buy your own, just drive her car.
My thoughts, precisely!
Old 08-14-09, 12:42 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put 93 octane @ costco no complaints...
Old 08-14-09, 01:32 PM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ace00
First thought was "hmmm, if i had an IS F, i would never put COSTCO gas in it"
I've put Costco gas in my car. What's wrong with it?

Originally Posted by Thr3350
How much was the muscle milk at costco?
This is so out there that I don't know if this is supposed to be a joke I don't get. In case it isn't, I think it's about $20/case. But costco.com lists it as $35.99 which is crazy. I use about 1 a week, I don't remember it being that expensive.

There is a $6 off coupon (limit 1) starting next Monday. (I typically don't need the coupons, they give me the discount at the register automatically).
Old 08-14-09, 02:44 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Costco gas too. No problems. I had a RX loaner the other day and it had the mousey thing... I prefer the touch screen.

Finally, it was nice to be able to instantly transfer my phone book from my phone to the RX (I had the loaner over the weekend). It took a minute and was just as easy to delete all personal information.
Old 08-14-09, 03:30 PM
Ace00
Rookie

But that was with the newer navigation system. which i prefer over the current navi in the IS line.
Old 08-14-09, 03:34 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

My mom has a 2010 RX350 with the mouse nav and it's easier to use because it has force feedback and will almost automatically move on the icons. Just takes some getting used to though.
Old 08-14-09, 03:35 PM
Ace00
Rookie

Originally Posted by testmetest
I've put Costco gas in my car. What's wrong with it?

It goes back to the gasoline debate, but i personally prefer to ONLY put chevron gas in my IS.

I saw somewhere that Costco gas has less of a certain type of chemical or something in their gas to where they are able to offer gas at a cheaper price.
Old 08-14-09, 04:01 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

I use nothing but and have an many of my cars, mostly FI cars. Never an issue.
Old 08-14-09, 06:58 PM
Looney100
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ace00
It goes back to the gasoline debate, but i personally prefer to ONLY put chevron gas in my IS.

I saw somewhere that Costco gas has less of a certain type of chemical or something in their gas to where they are able to offer gas at a cheaper price.
I work in the oil industry in Canada, so the following certainly applies to Canada, and I suspect the same goes on in the US as well.

The major integrated gasoline refiners/marketers in Canada (Esso, Shell, etc.) also sell gasoline to the 'off-brands' (Costco, Wal-Mart, etc.). The majors each use their own proprietary additive package that will contain high concentrations of cleaners, etc. These additive packages are available in gasoline sold only through their own branded service stations. The cleaners, etc. added to the gasoline sold to the 'off-brands' are at industry mandated minimum levels.

The net result, your engine will accumulate less valve deposits, etc. if you purchase gasoline from one of the majors.

Again, the preceeding comment is reflective of the Canadian industry, but likely applies within the US as well.
Old 08-15-09, 12:10 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

i guess people here are kinda skeptical about costco gas for the lone reason that it is like a generic brand, similar to wal mart or target selling their own homemade brand for far less than the industry leaders sell for. octane 91 is octane 91, yet some see the brand more than the product itself. also, price becomes a variant. nobody expects someone to pump some cheapy brand into something like the is f.
Old 08-16-09, 02:18 PM
Rash
hmm

For some reason I read it as CONVERSION lol.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS F - CONVERSATION @ Costco