IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sorry guys, I hate to say bye :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-09, 03:22 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car! I'll be very interested in your impressions (versus the IS-F) once you've dialed the M6 up.

Last edited by LeslieRC; 08-25-09 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-25-09, 09:15 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

I saw an M6 today and reminded me how nice the car is
Old 08-26-09, 02:49 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lamar411
looks great and congrats but if i owned it i would take of the m badge on the back always looks kinda cheesy for me.
In my experience the ///M badge has drivers thinking twice before messing with you. There's a car (I won't mention the make or model) that used to ride my bumper as I drove to work in my previous 6s and S4 that won't even come close to the rear of my M6. I notice that he's still a very aggressive driver with other cars, but not mine. I can't help but laugh whenever I see him because I know he doesn't realize I'm the same driver of the other cars he used to harass.
Old 08-27-09, 06:38 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Good luck with your M6. I can think of a few reasons myself to go from F to M but at the end of the day im probably going to stay in the Toyota family. Hope all stays well and that a few years down the line from now your still happy with the switch.

If I were going to switch i would look for a new one though. May have a few unforeseen problems that the previous owner/dealer may neglect to tell you.
And also Bmw has great financing options if you decide to go that rout. 0 interest for a long while. My sister used the plan to her benefit and payed off her 5 series in a very short amount of time.

Eithe way M6 is a sexy car. Enjoy the status lol
+1... with so much used inventory, BMW is making new VERY attractive right now!!

M6s have notorious "hidden" mechanical issues... BEAUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL car, good luck!!!
Old 08-27-09, 06:55 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
+1... with so much used inventory, BMW is making new VERY attractive right now!!

M6s have notorious "hidden" mechanical issues... BEAUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL car, good luck!!!
+1 on the mechanical issues, a friend of mine has one, 5 times now in the shop
Old 08-27-09, 07:25 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rdgdawg

-1 for me on any mechanical issues so far with 10K on the odometer. But, as a point on semantics, until they happen aren't all mechanical issues "hidden"?
Old 08-27-09, 07:46 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice toys! not really a fan of the M6-i like the body style of the M3 better
Old 08-30-09, 06:56 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by YooNiBaLL
Wouldn't the M6 feel like having more torque if you used it in P500 mode? I don't know much about it so...
I have started using P500 mode, the car basically gets 25% more power it does feel much more powerful, but the biggest advantage to the IS-F is that the combination of the engine, torque availability, and transmission -- you feel as the IS-F can accelerate no matter where and when
The M6 on the other hand either requires a full multi gear kickdown to get into 4th or something to get itself into proper powerband and then go, but it does get much scarier than the IS-F ever did once you go way past the 6500rpm redline of the IS-F

Originally Posted by primecut
Congrats! The M6 is a beast. That's a great deal that you got on an 07. I thought they would cost more.
I know, used prices right now are amazing. Imagine getting a car 50% of with 50% remaining warranty and maint...
I love bimmers, I just don't ever admit it.

Originally Posted by t0e
How does the is-f feel like it runs out of steam at 130?...

Does everyone else concur? lol
It's relative, it's not a knock against the IS-F

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
Beautiful car! I'll be very interested in your impressions (versus the IS-F) once you've dialed the M6 up.
I don't use M-Mode (aka everything dialed to race) because I don't like the EDC settings and the shifting settings to be so uncomfortably rough during normal / spirited driving. Typically now I just push the POWER button for 500hp mode and use the paddles in the medium shift setting; it's too difficult to smooth out the car in auto mode unless you are just WOT -- at which you find yourself literally whipped to a velocity which is clearly illegal on public roads.
That was one thing I liked a lot about the IS-F, sport mode made it much more responsive than a normal Lexus, and the transmission as well as the torque really made it fun to just floor it and get upto 80mph from and on ramp
In the M6 it goes too fast if you floor it through a few gears
IS-F was like a video game car, much easier to drive -- and since you can get it up faster you have fun longer, the M6 not so much, but when you do have fun it's a lot more fun -- I hope that made sense?

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
In my experience the ///M badge has drivers thinking twice before messing with you. There's a car (I won't mention the make or model) that used to ride my bumper as I drove to work in my previous 6s and S4 that won't even come close to the rear of my M6. I notice that he's still a very aggressive driver with other cars, but not mine. I can't help but laugh whenever I see him because I know he doesn't realize I'm the same driver of the other cars he used to harass.
I've noticed a lot less people let me through than in the IS-F haha

Gosh one thing I miss a most about the IS-F is that it was smooth at slow driving
These F1 style transmission and SMGs and what not are so inelegant.
Old 08-30-09, 11:54 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

How do you own ~$300,000+ in cars at the age of 21?
Old 08-31-09, 08:30 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
How do you own ~$300,000+ in cars at the age of 21?
I'm a **** star.

No I'm kidding only the M6 is mine, the rest is familia.