IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS F Owner From Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 12:54 PM
Christan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to start a new thread but i guess, I'd like to close this thread for good with one last message. If i'd started a new thread it would have read "My IS F's new home in tropical Malaysia. 1 month on" or something corny like that.
Anyway before i go on and write my "mini review and experience", I would like to thank everyone on clublexus with particular mention to these guys: anson98, JoeZ, lobuxracer and teoh2005 for helping me out and answering my questions on the forum!

It has been a month, since i took delivery of my car, i know i haven't posted pictures yet but i will... eventually.

I have always been a BMW-ish person, having driven the 5 series and e46 m3s in the UK and prior to buying the F, i was convinced that I was going to get the e92 m3 with DCT. It was a car that i was familiar with, and no one can really fault the m3 anyway it does nearly everything well. Until I went to the UK. December 8th 2008 will be etched in my memory forever as it was the first time i test drove the IS F. And i knew i had to have one! It arrived in Malaysia in August 2009 after much a hella of a lot of problems with Customs and taxes.

I've had it for just about a month now. I've driven the car to Singapore and ive changed the tires once (partly for aesthetics i got wider ones and also for grip) I love the car. People may say things about it on other forums or that its not an m3 killer but i dont care really. The sound is awesome. The overall aesthetics of the car are fantastic. I like the look of it and thats all that matters.

1 month on, i have zero regrets. If i had to do it all over again, i'd do it again exactly the same way i did it the first time. If i had to choose again, i'd still choose the IS F over the m3. And i think this forum, has been nothing but kind and accommodating which further adds to the luster of owning an IS F.

My car is still the ONLY IS F in Malaysia. And i think it will be for at least the forseeable future. The only problem i have now... is lexus malaysia are being annoying on the servicing of my vehicle.

i'm already thinking of putting some mods on my car. So far, on order is a JoeZ air intake pipe and a TOMs air filter. I think this is a good place to start.

peace out guys and thanks again!

p.s. will a moderator close this thread?
Old 09-30-09, 12:57 PM
Christan
Driver

Oh and again why i chose the F? I mentioned before. The sound. And the fact that sometimes this car can be unpredictable hehe. I liked the fact that it went crazy when i floored it in the wet and had to struggle to bring back under control

These were on "dry bridgestones' vsc, traction control switched off. floored accelerator, torrential rain, and down the hill. Not so clever but very very fun. thankfully there were no cars and although the F did a 180 in the middle of the road... i lived. to tell it here.

end.
Old 09-30-09, 01:03 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Congrats on the purchase, looking forward to seeing some pics. Don't get your ***** up in a knot over the 2009 not having the LSD. Unless you're the Stig you will not notice any wheelspin on the inner wheel in turns.
Old 09-30-09, 01:47 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Glad we are here to help!!!

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Congrats on the purchase, looking forward to seeing some pics. Don't get your ***** up in a knot over the 2009 not having the LSD. Unless you're the Stig you will not notice any wheelspin on the inner wheel in turns.
I beg to differ... (in a nice way)

I have experienced wheel spin in the "turns"..

Jz
Old 09-30-09, 01:52 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Glad we are here to help!!!

I beg to differ... (in a nice way)

I have experienced wheel spin in the "turns"..

Jz
You fit into the 'Stig' category, Joe Z. What I'm trying to say is that for those of us that don't religiously track our cars (and as far as I know that about 90% of IS F owners) a virtual LSD is plenty to keep that inner wheel from bleeding all the power.
Old 09-30-09, 02:06 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice...congrats!!!
Old 09-30-09, 07:33 PM
Christan
Driver

Lol! I have experienced lots of the spin. Being a former ///m enthusiast i kinda get overzealous but from all the 'research' reading etc the LSD option seems to be a bolt on retrofit once the torsen part becomes available ill fit it in.

Thanks again guys!
Old 10-01-09, 03:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for sharing your experience! Good to hear that you successfully got the car into the country, and can now enjoy it! Stay safe out there and have fun!