IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Turbochargers.com/Artisan took off our logo

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 10:27 AM
Strokergsr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Turbochargers.com/Artisan took off our logo

This all starts with JTran Studios and Secret Services Auto. My good friend Mr.Tran brings us a busted coolant reservoir off of a turbo NSX with a Lovefab turbo kit. We build a very nice piece from scratch without even having the vehicle to base it off of, badged it as we do all of our fab work now, gave it back, it goes back on the car perfectly and never causes a problem at the track like the old one.

Can we built:

Next. Customer takes the NSX to Turbochargers.com for dyno tuning and a radiator fan shrowd. Perfectly fine. Car leaves Turbochargers.com with our logo being removed and an Artisan logo(Kenny's rebadging company) applied to the reservoir.

Pics from 8-22-09:

Now, for those unfamiliar with Artisan or the individuals at Turbochargers.com. Artisan is Kenny's "side company" who is conveniently notorious for taking ebay parts(mufflers, manifolds, etc) and rebadging them with his name to sell as his own.

As far as Kenny here are just a couple examples of his past business ventures and reputation:

http://my.is/forums/f136/beware-kenn...rmance-390080/

http://scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110309

A little bit of history between us would include Kenny offering to buy us out in order to completely destroy the Secret Services brand and have us come and run his shop for him to bring our customer base aswell as reputation and quality of work. We respectfully declined the offer and went on doing what we do best.

As far as business between Secret Services and Turbochargers.com under Kenny's management we gave him the benefit of the doubt as every shop has their horror stories with us being no exception im sure. We did business as far as parts aswell as renting their AWD dyno when needed.

That being the case I posted a simple thread this morning simply asking for more on their side of the story here:

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=540357

Incase the thread has been deleted already here is Kenny's justification to rebadging our part:

Originally posted by Turbochargers.com

WHOA NELLY!!!!!

We never once to anyone said we built your coolant tank. We have done a lot of work to the car and simply put our branding on it. We have some tags up front also on the RAD we did not build that either.

The location of the tag is for the maximum visibility not taking credit for building what it is attached to. When you put your sticker on Honda are you claiming Honda had nothing to do with it? No you are simply saying hey come to my shop and spend some moola....
We have one of the most equipped CNC shops in the country with some crazy talented fabricators we have no need to copy, duplicate or mis-represent someone else's work.

We do a lot of business back and forth and help each other out whenever we can, I would seriously hope a sticker, badge or misguided trip to the wrong strip club would change that!
I was a little suprising to myself that he would actually work it exactly as I had hoped he would. It is pretty clear that is the most rediculous excuse trying to justify completely ripping Secret Services Auto off.

Im extremely angry about this so im sure im forgetting a point that I had planned to make unfortunately.

Obviously we will never do business with Turbocharger.com again. I now feel they are no better than the thieves that steal cars on a daily bases as they have stolen our potential customers at the very least, which in turn equals the business that keeps shelter over our heads and food in our stomachs.

I sincerely hope this opens many people's eyes and I will not post cliffs as I would like every single person to read this post in its entirety.

Please save as many individuals as you can and spread the word.

-Evan
Old 08-24-09, 12:20 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't blame you at all for being pissed.....

C.
Old 08-24-09, 12:40 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Evan,

This post has nothing to do with

1) an IS-F (which is what this sub-forum is about)
2) any CL forum vendor (none of the vendors you mention including the one you work for support our forum or sell products here).

I understand you're concerned about your sticker getting removed. However, spamming our forum badmouthing another company and telling just once side of the story is not going to resolve anything.

Please do not repost this here on CL