IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Drove an F the other day, my review

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-09, 12:15 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drove an F the other day, my review

I went up to the dealership and told them to let me drive the F, they were cool since I bought my car from them, and their sales people are pretty cool too.

I have to say I love the car, I have been wanting to drive one for a while now...
Positives: I absolutely love the transmission, it shifts 1000X faster than my 350 and instead of S mode you have M mode which is even better. the response on the paddles is so much faster its not even comparable. The power was definitely there and the sound is stupid intoxicating. lol. the steering feels really tight but not twitchy, just perfect. For a somewhat heavy car it does not drive heavy, its light on its feet and the braking system has no porblems with the weight either. the interior ffcourse is an upgrade from the IS350 and I loved the black trim around the navi console.

Negatives: Without being too picky, the only thing I would change would be the suspension, I thought the F would handle a little bit better, I love the steering feel but the handling is not as good as i expected (maybe i was expecting too much). You might think im crazy but I feel like my 350 handles better (I have coilovers and sway bar).. this is impossible to compare unless its on a track, but im just talking about how it felt to me. Comfort wasnt great either.
Old 08-25-09, 04:58 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the review. I have coils on my ISF. I like em better than stock for a multitude of reasons. Slap on an exhaust and the car sounds just amazing
Old 08-25-09, 08:36 AM
Low Offset
Driver

i also agree the car isn't the best in comfort. But it's a super sedan so I kinda expected it not to be as comfortable as all the other lex's. None the less I love my F.
Old 08-25-09, 09:42 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good review, coming from IS350 owner so I can relate.
Old 08-26-09, 06:58 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

You shouldn't have driven the IS-F Juice. That was my mistake and after the drive, I just knew I had to get one!! I was totally content with the IS350 too.
Old 08-26-09, 09:03 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
You shouldn't have driven the IS-F Juice. That was my mistake and after the drive, I just knew I had to get one!! I was totally content with the IS350 too.
hahaha...it's intoxicating!
Old 08-26-09, 09:07 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Oh, I better stay away from those -F's.
Old 08-26-09, 12:16 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,062 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Once you've been F'd, well, the 350 just isn't the same anymore. But you can tell everyone you're now F'd up until you get your own F so you can F up all your friends.
Old 08-26-09, 12:23 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Once you've been F'd, well, the 350 just isn't the same anymore. But you can tell everyone you're now F'd up until you get your own F so you can F up all your friends.
This has to be the quote of the day Lance.

Terrance
Old 08-26-09, 12:49 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I'm in F-ing trouble.
Old 08-26-09, 10:29 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL to the F-ing... To be honest it made me happier about my IS350 as far as the handling, comfort. Considering my suspension upgrades.
But like some of you said im F'D and yes I will probably get one sometime
Old 08-26-09, 10:42 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,062 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Everybody complains about the F's ride on the street - the first time you take it on the track, all the complaints disappear and you see why it's set up the way it is.

I really doubt your set up handles "better." I'd bet it feels a lot better to you on the street, but on a timed course, you'd probably be twiddling ***** and playing with spring preload all day before getting even close to what the F does right out of the box. It's really that good.

Many people mistake feeling better for actually being better. They're not the same thing.
Old 08-26-09, 11:48 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Exclamation

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Everybody complains about the F's ride on the street - the first time you take it on the track, all the complaints disappear and you see why it's set up the way it is.

I really doubt your set up handles "better." I'd bet it feels a lot better to you on the street, but on a timed course, you'd probably be twiddling ***** and playing with spring preload all day before getting even close to what the F does right out of the box. It's really that good.

Many people mistake feeling better for actually being better. They're not the same thing.
Very well said and you bring up a good point. Its meant to be a track car. To be certain they got the IS F exactly right, Yaguchi and his team tested the IS F at racetracks that count, at tracks that have challenge and heritage. Those test tracks include the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife, in Germany's Eiffel Mountains; Circuit Paul Ricard, in the South of France; Circuit Zolder, in Belgium; Laguna Seca Raceway, in California; and Fuji Speedway, in Japan.

Dont complain about how it handles on the road because its a performance sedan did u expect anything else but a harsh ride???

If you want something smooth Lexus Offers the ES and LS model.

Please stop the complaining
Old 08-27-09, 02:58 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Please stop the complaining
Jeez, the OP just posted his review of the ISF based on his personal opinion. I'd hardly call that complaining.

Juice - what did you think of the ISF seats vs the IS350's? For me it's no contest - that's one of the options that I wish were available for our cars.
Old 08-27-09, 05:15 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by juice14
LOL to the F-ing... To be honest it made me happier about my IS350 as far as the handling, comfort. Considering my suspension upgrades.
But like some of you said im F'D and yes I will probably get one sometime
Drive and F with a nice full exhaust and that "probably get one sometime" will turn into something a little sooner.

Quick Reply: Drove an F the other day, my review