IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ZEE'S IS-F Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-09, 02:18 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Actually, NO one here suggested that the "ZEE's Exhaust" was improperly sized...

I just re-read the whole thread to make sure.

Joe Z
It is true that no one directly stated this exhaust was improperly sized. However, I think it would be very easy for the casual reader of this thread to come to that conclusion. Someone introduces an exhaust with larger diameter piping --> someone else says they are making something just like it --> another person says that exhaust sounds like it will be too big --> another person says that bigger exhausts create more backpressure --> the larger diameter exhaust must be sized incorrectly.

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I felt it was important to make it totally clear that the exhaust is sized appropriately.

Originally Posted by malujerry
why are we stuck on backpressure and not the $6k price for an exhaust with the expected moderate gains?
...or the fact that it's nice to see what sections of the exhaust have what affect on power curves, etc. I posted this information because I felt it was worth sharing whether or not you're interested in purchasing this particular exhaust.

-Patrick
Old 09-23-09, 08:24 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Zee's is a long standing reputable aftermarket automotive tuner in Japan. Just like how people will spend thousands for exhaust system on their Euro like Eisenmann, Brabus, Hamann, etc...

I for one appreciate Bulletproof for giving us another option. Everybody always complains there aren't enough products being made for this and that, let's just be glad there ARE options. If we don't like the price or can't afford it, nobody is forcing us to purchase, just to offer us another product.

Am I the only one that feels this way?
Old 09-23-09, 08:35 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BulletproofAuto
It is true that no one directly stated this exhaust was improperly sized. However, I think it would be very easy for the casual reader of this thread to come to that conclusion. Someone introduces an exhaust with larger diameter piping --> someone else says they are making something just like it --> another person says that exhaust sounds like it will be too big --> another person says that bigger exhausts create more backpressure --> the larger diameter exhaust must be sized incorrectly.

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I felt it was important to make it totally clear that the exhaust is sized appropriately.

...or the fact that it's nice to see what sections of the exhaust have what affect on power curves, etc. I posted this information because I felt it was worth sharing whether or not you're interested in purchasing this particular exhaust.

-Patrick
Patrick,
I like the option with the Zees but as I was looking through your site the icode titanium exhaust looked interesting. I was familiar with Zees but have never heard of icode. Care to share additional information on this exhaust and/or the company? Maybe it would warrant a different thread. Thanks.
Old 09-24-09, 06:03 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

wow, dumping >10% of the car's value on the exhaust alone. that's classy!
Attached Thumbnails ZEE'S IS-F Exhausts-7426_722722995279_11812181_41002139_5964030_n.jpg  
Old 09-24-09, 03:01 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by G Star
Zee's is a long standing reputable aftermarket automotive tuner in Japan. Just like how people will spend thousands for exhaust system on their Euro like Eisenmann, Brabus, Hamann, etc...

I for one appreciate Bulletproof for giving us another option. Everybody always complains there aren't enough products being made for this and that, let's just be glad there ARE options. If we don't like the price or can't afford it, nobody is forcing us to purchase, just to offer us another product.

Am I the only one that feels this way?
Thank you. That's exactly how we feel and we are happy to be doing what we're doing, despite the resistance.
Originally Posted by weswork
Patrick,
I like the option with the Zees but as I was looking through your site the icode titanium exhaust looked interesting. I was familiar with Zees but have never heard of icode. Care to share additional information on this exhaust and/or the company? Maybe it would warrant a different thread. Thanks.
New thread here. I hope that's what you're looking for.

-Patrick
Old 09-25-09, 02:27 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by malujerry
wow, dumping >10% of the car's value on the exhaust alone. that's classy!
haha. Maybe the guys rich uncle was just visiting?