IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Where do you guys plug the radar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-10 | 04:03 PM
BaronvdB
Driver School Candidate

QUICK RESPONSE REQUESTED! (I'm sitting in my car right now with my rearview mirror off)

Can someone that has had the new mirror installed (TSB) confirm the what color wire is ground and what color wire is the 12v?

My options are orange, Black, white w/black stripe, red, and blue.

Thanks in advance!!!

PS I tried the red on my "phone cord" to orange on the mirror and black on my "phone cord" to blue on the mirror as mentioned by blitz but it didn't work. Maybe because I have the new mirror from the tsib fix?
Old 07-03-10 | 04:40 PM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BaronvdB
QUICK RESPONSE REQUESTED! (I'm sitting in my car right now with my rearview mirror off)

Can someone that has had the new mirror installed (TSB) confirm the what color wire is ground and what color wire is the 12v?

My options are orange, Black, white w/black stripe, red, and blue.

Thanks in advance!!!

PS I tried the red on my "phone cord" to orange on the mirror and black on my "phone cord" to blue on the mirror as mentioned by blitz but it didn't work. Maybe because I have the new mirror from the tsib fix?
This was me on Wednesday. I tried EVERY combination of phone cord wire to rearview mirror plug to no success... I just gave up and put my mirror back on I too have the new mirror with TSIB update. If you get it working LMK. I'm all ears.
Old 07-03-10 | 04:45 PM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Did you see my post just before yours (Post #75)? I posted a picture of what my plug looks like. I'm assuming this is what you are looking at. I have a volt-meter but can't fit the ends into the plug to test positive and negative. ALSO, remember you have to have the car on "ignition on" mode (press power on button twice with foot off brake) in order to have the mirror turn on. So when your testing out different combinations be sure car is on ignition on so that plug is even getting power.
Old 07-04-10 | 11:14 AM
BaronvdB
Driver School Candidate

yeah, i saw your picture and it looks like same (orange, Black, white w/black stripe, red, and blue).

I had to go out last night so I just stopped before I started trying a bunch of different options and I've got a busy day today too...hopefully somebody who already knows which wires are the correct ones to use will reply to this post sometime today so I can hardwire tomorrow.

I don't have a voltage meter and I'd rather not go buy one just for this (especially if it won't fit as you mentioned).

Somebody with a F or ISx50 (should be the same mirror on the '10's) must have already done this and knows the correct wires so i guess I'll just wait until I get a reply.
Old 07-10-10 | 11:02 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Originally Posted by BaronvdB
yeah, i saw your picture and it looks like same (orange, Black, white w/black stripe, red, and blue).

I had to go out last night so I just stopped before I started trying a bunch of different options and I've got a busy day today too...hopefully somebody who already knows which wires are the correct ones to use will reply to this post sometime today so I can hardwire tomorrow.

I don't have a voltage meter and I'd rather not go buy one just for this (especially if it won't fit as you mentioned).

Somebody with a F or ISx50 (should be the same mirror on the '10's) must have already done this and knows the correct wires so i guess I'll just wait until I get a reply.
have you seen the newest post?

green to black
red to white
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-post-14.html
Old 07-10-10 | 11:04 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

oops, i saw that you figured it out in the electronics section.
Old 07-10-10 | 11:05 AM
BaronvdB
Driver School Candidate

Hi Jetfire, I have seen the newest post and i got updated my thread and my V1 is up and running powered from the mirror...thanks for the heads up anyway!