IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Who is icode and what do they do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-09, 01:04 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timeToy
Is that Teflon or Urethane in the center bore ?
I have never seen a set of these wheels without the center cap so I can't say for sure. However, magnesium tends to corrode when not protected so what you're seeing could indeed be a plastic designed to prevent corrosion.

-Patrick
Old 09-29-09, 01:23 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Originally Posted by BulletproofAuto
I have never seen a set of these wheels without the center cap so I can't say for sure. However, magnesium tends to corrode when not protected so what you're seeing could indeed be a plastic designed to prevent corrosion.

-Patrick
Actually, it's just a well engineered hub centric ring. The centerbore in those wheels is quite a bit larger than the 60.1mm we have on the IS-F, so they need hubcentric ring to properly center the wheels and support the wheel hub interface.

On another note, any chance of getting BBS Japan to make these wheels for Lexus applications:

Individual - Ultra-light - Forged

The new high end product line combines technology and a unique design to a perfect and individual match. The special technological manufacturing process reduces weight so that the FI in 19" x 8.75" weighs 7.4 kg (16.31lbs.) only! As a result the performance is increased significantly as well as driving comfort. The FI emphasizes the unique character of the car.

Technology:
Forged blank made of aviation quality aluminum alloy.
The design is 5 Axis CNC milled for a unique look for each car.

Specials:
Weight reduced by back milling between the spokes.
Flow formed inner rim for a maximum of stability at a minimum of weight.
Possibilities for individualization by different finishes and options like a stainless steel rim protector lip

Finishes:
Sport silver, ceramic polished or black/diamond cut.
Current fitments are BMW, Porsche, and Ferrari. I'd hate to have to re-engineer the hubs on the F to fit 120 or 130 PCD. It would be a huge PITA.
Old 09-29-09, 01:32 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

i like to know more about ECU than wheels...
Old 09-29-09, 02:50 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
On another note, any chance of getting BBS Japan to make these wheels for Lexus applications.
The BBS FI's are some very good-looking wheels indeed. I just talked to BBS USA, they are not going to be available until the beginning of 2010 and information has been very sparse, but take the fitments listed with a grain of salt. They said the wheels would probably be available in a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, but there's nothing but speculation in regards to sizes and offsets at this point.

-Patrick
Old 09-29-09, 04:43 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by n0th1ng
i like to know more about ECU than wheels...
Duly noted. I'll see if I can find more information for you. I can tell you that typically JDM ECU's are designed to use much higher quality fuel than we typically find in the US. That being the case, even if we could confirm that the wiring harnesses are the same and the ECU is a direct plug-in, it still might not work for IS-F's here.

-Patrick
Old 09-29-09, 05:16 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is-f's are also speed limited (in the ecu)
Old 09-29-09, 08:06 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Actually, it's just a well engineered hub centric ring. The centerbore in those wheels is quite a bit larger than the 60.1mm we have on the IS-F, so they need hubcentric ring to properly center the wheels and support the wheel hub interface.

On another note, any chance of getting BBS Japan to make these wheels for Lexus applications:

Current fitments are BMW, Porsche, and Ferrari. I'd hate to have to re-engineer the hubs on the F to fit 120 or 130 PCD. It would be a huge PITA.

At the present time there are no plans for BBS Japan to have the FI wheels sold here unfortunately.
Old 09-29-09, 08:21 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Splat
There must be someone there who can tune an US ECU...
Old 09-30-09, 11:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by verals05
There must be someone there who can tune an US ECU...
If you can find the Japanese programmer of the IS-F ECU..
....He would be the Only one!!

He is probably in the Toyota/Lexus ECU Witness Protection Program.

Joe Z
Old 09-30-09, 11:56 AM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
At the present time there are no plans for BBS Japan to have the FI wheels sold here unfortunately.
BBS Japan doesn't have plans to sell any wheels here

As their name implies, BBS Japan focuses on the Japanese market. We have access to their wheels through our Japan office.

BBS USA does have plans to sell those wheels here, they simply aren't available yet.

-Patrick
Old 10-12-09, 12:31 AM
svanip
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation 450 whp

Originally Posted by verals05
450whp? What else do they have besides the exhaust on that car?
Notice that the Max 450 PS is developed at 8000 rpm (defiantly a cam and ecu unlock) also consider the gearing and speed developed 8000 RPM at only 250KPH - not sure which gear the roll up was completed in.
Old 10-12-09, 06:11 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Duly noted. I'll see if I can find more information for you. I can tell you that typically JDM ECU's are designed to use much higher quality fuel than we typically find in the US. That being the case, even if we could confirm that the wiring harnesses are the same and the ECU is a direct plug-in, it still might not work for IS-F's here.

-Patrick
Its only about a 2 octane deference from the 93 we use on the east cost. If the wiring harnesses are the same and the Ecu can plug in were in business! Dont mind paying for higher octane fuel to see my car at 8000rpm
Old 10-12-09, 08:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Originally Posted by svanip
Notice that the Max 450 PS is developed at 8000 rpm (defiantly a cam and ecu unlock) also consider the gearing and speed developed 8000 RPM at only 250KPH - not sure which gear the roll up was completed in.
8000 rpm is 24+m/sec mean piston speed. I wouldn't want to do that to my street engine. OEM red line spec is right at 20 m/sec where it should be.
Old 10-13-09, 12:17 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

BBS Japan doesn't have plans to sell any wheels here

As their name implies, BBS Japan focuses on the Japanese market. We have access to their wheels through our Japan office.

BBS USA does have plans to sell those wheels here, they simply aren't available yet.

-Patrick
I understand that BBS Japan focus their products for the market here, but the question was if BBS Japan was going produce them at all and the answer is no. Just wanted to clarify that.
Old 05-09-10, 09:10 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Splat
If I am not mistaken I believe there limited to 112mph. I think its across the board due to government regulations. Can anyone provide any valifity to this? Anyway on a side note this thread has been dead for the last 7 months is there any new information for the ECU if its compatiable to US spec F's? Are there any rwhp/bhp horsepower/torque gains on the tune stand alone?

Last edited by LexISguy; 05-09-10 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Who is icode and what do they do?