IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Who is icode and what do they do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-09, 02:57 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who is icode and what do they do?

One of the exhaust options we offer is the icode titanium cat-back. It was brought up in another thread that icode is not a company that already has a reputation in the Lexus community so I wanted to share a bit about who icode is and why we've chosen to offer their exhaust.

icode is a favorite among the Porsche community in Japan and they have been tuning Porsches since at least 1993. They have titanium exhausts, among other products, available for almost all generations of the 911. They are still very involved with Porsche and currently have a 720hp Project 997 which you can see below.

Porsches are great, but this is a Lexus forum. Someone at icode apparently fell in love with the IS-F and they decided to exercise their tuning abilities on the car. They started with relatively small items, but have now progressed to offering some of the most hardcore parts available for the IS-F.

Perhaps most notable is the titanium exhaust. Titanium is an ideal material for exhausts as it is extremely light and strong even at very high temperatures. However, one of the coolest things about titanium is that it gains a different coloration at high temperatures. You can see a before and after of the race version of their exhaust below. (after is on the left)

Any exhaust needs testing and validation to make sure it performs as it is designed to. icode is active in testing both on the dyno and at the track. Their track experience also contributes to their suspension, LSD and brake upgrades.

But at the end of the day, an exhaust needs to sound good. Thankfully, we have video here.

One of my favorite items offered by icode are their special BBS RE-MG's. These rims are just amazing.

icode clearly knows exactly what they're doing and put real R&D into their products. They don't make parts to be cheaper than anyone else and they don't need to. Check out the way the exhaust below is merged to be as smooth as possible. I feel the innovation and quality speaks for itself.

I hope this gives everyone a little bit of an idea about who icode is and what they offer. You can find some of their products at the Bulletproof website, but we're certainly not limited to what's on the website.

-Patrick
The following users liked this post:
Sticky40sx (03-21-23)
Old 09-24-09, 03:20 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

bulletproof - you have many exhaust options (which is great), but it's not clear on how much hp and torque on any of the systems (except zee's hp).

i think it would help for many consumers to see how much power, and over what rpm's the power is delivered.

i don't know how others buy - but i simply look at cost per horsepower for any performance modification and the company's reliability/quality.

Last edited by malujerry; 09-24-09 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-24-09, 03:50 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the video points to lems.jp u sure thats a icode exhaust or did icode made it for lems. confusin. we need a translator dammnit! thanx for makin us have more options to go with.
Old 09-24-09, 04:37 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by malujerry
bulletproof - you have many exhaust options, but it's not clear on how much hp and torque on any of the systems (except zee's hp).

i think it would help for many consumers to see how much power, and over what rpm's the power is delivered.

i don't know how others buy - but i simply look at cost per horsepower for any performance modification and the company's reliability/quality.
icode has extensively dyno tested these exhausts but I have not seen a dyno chart for their street exhaust. Their black car is making 450whp and you can see the power curve for that car below, but it has the track exhaust and other modifications.

If you're looking only at cost per horsepower, how much power would this exhaust have to make for you and is that a realistic expectation? More than likely a titanium exhaust from Japan is not going to be the best fit for your stated criteria.

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
the video points to lems.jp u sure thats a icode exhaust or did icode made it for lems. confusin. we need a translator dammnit! thanx for makin us have more options to go with.
LEMS sells icode performance products. If you go to LEMS' website and click on the picture of the exhaust, you can see the icode plate welded to the side of the exhaust. If you look at the URL and filenames, you'll see that LEMS is not trying to hide this fact, they simply are a dealer of icode products. I hope that helps.

-Patrick
Old 09-24-09, 06:34 PM
verals05
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

450whp? What else do they have besides the exhaust on that car?
Old 09-25-09, 12:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by verals05
450whp? What else do they have besides the exhaust on that car?
Believe it or not... An ECU Tune as well..

I have actually been researching iCode for the last several months..

All the info & pics posted in here, is also found in a Japanese blog which documents all the work they have been doing (with pics) on the IS-F's

Like this one..

or this one...

I have many, many more..

I'm still in the research process and that is why I haven't posted any info in the F section..

Regards,
Joe Z
Old 09-25-09, 09:11 AM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Thanks Joe

According to the blog the black car is also running cams and an intake tube similar to Joe's. You can find the blog here and it's certainly worth a look. I'm going to continue to post up some of my favorite images like this one:
Old 09-25-09, 10:07 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BulletproofAuto
Thanks Joe

According to the blog the black car is also running cams and an intake tube similar to Joe's.
Yeup I saw that too...

The throttle body upgrade looks interesting as well..

The problem with the ECU upgrades and other tunning they do..
Is that its all on the JAPAN Spec'd IS-F..

Here is the link to the icode home page, where there is an IS-F product area.

Joe Z
Old 09-25-09, 10:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Looks very interesting; hope some of this will apply to US-Spec for you guys!

Moderators - this thread is ok to leave here in IS-F vs vendor forum.
Old 09-25-09, 10:59 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and now you move it back lol. its cool thanks for the explanation. i see i said the same thing and also mentioned other places might be doing the same.

but i really hope all there parts do some how make it over here or to the USDM ecu!
Old 09-25-09, 11:22 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

very nice! Japan gets all the goodies...
Old 09-25-09, 11:50 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice and quite interesting! I'd like to see what other parts they have developed and are developing. Thanks for researching Joe and Bulletproof, I'll take a look at that blog
Old 09-25-09, 12:48 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And theses BBS really look sweet:

Anyone know the specs ? Cost, size and weight ?
Old 09-25-09, 01:12 PM
BulletproofAuto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by timeToy
And theses BBS really look sweet:

Anyone know the specs ? Cost, size and weight ?
The wheels in the picture you posted are BBS RE-Mg's. They might be the most amazing wheels of all time designed for a street car. They are some of the only forged magnesium wheels you can find outside of F1 and as such they are extremely expensive. I believe they are only available from BBS Japan.

The IS-F fitment is said to weigh 8.2kg and 8.6kg front and rear. This translates to about 18lbs and 19lbs. They say the "genuine" wheels weigh 24.5lbs and 26.8lbs for comparison.

-Patrick
Old 09-25-09, 01:22 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

those wheels are gorgeous, do a group buy on that

Quick Reply: Who is icode and what do they do?