IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is-F vs Z06 pros cons

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09, 12:15 AM
bens sc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
My friend with the Z06 above went through three sets of rotors from Chevrolet. He's pretty fast. He also had warranty issues on all three of the Z06's he's owned - one C5 and two C6s. Sounds like your experience was better than his, but I would daresay "not true at all" is only based on your experience with (2) machines.
This is my second c6 z06, NO problems with both....other than my mess up with the clutch.
Old 09-28-09, 06:32 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One does not replace the other. The Z-06 is fast and fun, but it's two doors and no more. It does make the F feel slow. The brakes don't like abuse of any kind, and you will likely have warranty issues to address.

If the whole two door thing were good, I'd hold out for a Viper ACR. It's more fun - a lot more.
I thought i would upgrade the car in time and brakes would be on the list.

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
I've owned a 2007 C6 Z06 vette , and as far as so called warranty issues and brakes , the vette was super reliable and has the BEST powertrain warranty in the business (160,000) . As far as the car is concerned , if I could afford both cars ( I own a 2009 cadillac CTS-V now) , I wouldn't hesitate to buy another vette !
Good Luck
i like the cts-v but except for the engine it handles worst than the is-f so im kinda almost trading just for an engine and for me thts not enough.

Originally Posted by metalgear
i would check out the ZR1 first
i looked and yes u can get discounts on the new zr-1 but my wife said i cant spend 110k so i said what about 1100 cash a month since its zero percent she said maybe! lol!

Originally Posted by bens sc
This is my second c6 z06, NO problems with both....other than my mess up with the clutch.
thanks i have heard many good things about the zo6 and i would basically ony drive it to and from the track. i am actually looking for a used trailer.

thanks all this is what will help me decied!
Old 09-28-09, 06:35 AM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Get the GTR
Old 09-28-09, 06:38 AM
dunbar43
Driver

Yeah, a bit rare, but they do exist:

and yes, that's a C6 Z-06 too.
I just came in my pants after looking at those three cars together, and I would like to say congratulations to whatever you guys do to afford all these cars lol, and my $.02, get the vipir or the GTR, preferably the vipir, they are super rare and you will get jaw-dropping looks wherever you go.
Old 09-28-09, 06:38 AM
J LEX
Driver School Candidate

my father rocks a 08 z06 supercharger and the stock brakes hold up great....but as for a IS-F or a z06 six the pos and con wouldnt really match to well for one is a two door all out sports car and the other a four door sedan that hauls ***...but for two door sports car i would rock the z06 and for a four door saden i would roll out with a 09 cts-v
Old 09-28-09, 07:48 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jctheplaya
Get the GTR
+1 jc
I drooled when I saw this light gray GT-R on Friday heading South on the 45. Maybe to Galveston Island Beautiful car!
Old 09-28-09, 08:32 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just say no to GT-R since you live in Dallas, there are a crap load already, of course there are a lot of Z06 also. Just save some $ and get a ford GT.
Old 09-28-09, 08:57 AM
verals05
Lead Lap

Wait and get a used ZR1... Now thats Rare...
Old 09-28-09, 09:38 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

You live in Texas. that means if you want to keep up with some of the quicker guys the Gtr is wayyy out of the picture. Zo6 is one bad *** car. Personally my perfect setup is a full bolt-on Z with a heavy cam and 150 shot of N20. With a setup like losing is going to be rare, very rare.

At the end of the day its apples to oranges. Your comparing a true Sports Car to a lexus. From the way you reacted after the cat delete i can tell that you would love the amazing speed of the zo6.

Best quote ive heard from owners with really fast vettes...

" im going to tape a $100 bill to the dash, if you can grab it when i hit the gas its yours"
Old 09-28-09, 09:49 AM
PHXF
Driver

Z06 is a complete beast...but I'd save up and go with the new 911 GT3 myself.
Z06 = Sledgehammer GT3=Scalpel
Old 09-28-09, 10:10 AM
rutiger
Rookie

as others have said they are completely different cars. stock vs stock the z06 is far faster. with a few mods the z06 will outrun exotics.

as for reliability i have owned 3 corvettes (two z06s) for the past 7 years and have not had an issue with any of them. and i drive it pretty hard. don't track it though and i'm sure that would break something eventually...but probably would on any car.

if you're looking for a fun second car the z06 would be my choice. the is f is a fun daily driver, but not an all out weekend car imo.
Old 09-28-09, 04:04 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's nice in life to have these choices....hehehe!

Since you already have the IS-F for practical jaunts, I would consider a Viper just because overall it has more fun factor appeal to me. Driven my friend's Z06 and it's godly fast and no complaints but the Viper just seems more raw to me.

Good to have these decisions in life for sure I'm sure either one will give you plenty of smiles per mile!

For me I'm happy with my NSX for now but when the time is right I'd like to move up to a 360 Stradale or R8 for my race car. The IS-F makes a perfect complement to any garage.
Old 09-30-09, 10:03 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by s4play
It's nice in life to have these choices....hehehe!

Since you already have the IS-F for practical jaunts, I would consider a Viper just because overall it has more fun factor appeal to me. Driven my friend's Z06 and it's godly fast and no complaints but the Viper just seems more raw to me.

Good to have these decisions in life for sure I'm sure either one will give you plenty of smiles per mile!

For me I'm happy with my NSX for now but when the time is right I'd like to move up to a 360 Stradale or R8 for my race car. The IS-F makes a perfect complement to any garage.
if i were single i would go with the f430 scuderia or the gallardo and do the tt upgrade from underground racing!
Old 09-30-09, 12:54 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

If you can keep the F as a DD, get the Z06. Vettes are very mod friendly, and there are tons of options. A Z with headers, intake, and tune, and you will be putting down 500+ WHP in a car that weighs 500+ pounds lighter than our F's. I drove a friends with those mods and it truely is wickedly fast, imagine how much fun it is to light up a set of 325's on a 2nd to 3rd shift. It's amazing what you can with that HP in a 3K Lb car. However I sold my C6 and bought the F because it just was not a practical DD.

Last edited by hwy1isf; 09-30-09 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-30-09, 01:27 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

^^^the f is a weekend car so i have to get ride of it unless my wife all the sudden goes crazy ! lol!

Quick Reply: Is-F vs Z06 pros cons