IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is-F vs Z06 pros cons

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 01:32 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To sum it up very simply:

Corvette = two-door midlife crisis coupe.
IS-F = four-door sedan you can drive your kids to school in all the while terrifying them every single time.
Old 09-30-09, 01:41 PM
kponti
Driver

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
I thought i would upgrade the car in time and brakes would be on the list.

i like the cts-v but except for the engine it handles worst than the is-f so im kinda almost trading just for an engine and for me thts not enough.
Hmm I guess te M5's handling must also suck. You are talking about the handling of the fastest handling sedan on the Ring (till the Porsche comes out)
Old 09-30-09, 01:53 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
You live in Texas. that means if you want to keep up with some of the quicker guys the Gtr is wayyy out of the picture. Zo6 is one bad *** car. Personally my perfect setup is a full bolt-on Z with a heavy cam and 150 shot of N20. With a setup like losing is going to be rare, very rare....
The stock GTR smokes the stock Z06 all day long, it even has better handling than the Z06. And it'll hang with any big boys out there including Ferrari, Lambo...and you name it. The GTR only loses to the ZR1 if you compare that way. I don't intend to stir or offend the Z06 lovers. I'm 1 of them, too actually. But I can't hold back the truth.

If the GTR runs Nos or cranks up the boost, it'll be a real monster.

I'd say get the IS-F if it's the daily driver and if you have family. But get the Z06 if it's weekend car with no family involved. The Z06 is much faster and more fun to drive if you're looking for sports and speed. On the other hand, the IS-F is smooth, fast for the streets, and comfortable.

I've just gone to the CL track event last Sunday and seen a lot of IS-F taken to the tracks. They're just a little quicker than the IS350. Many IS-F couldn't get faster than 8.5 seconds for the 1/8 mile track. Here's the link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...etrospect.html
Old 09-30-09, 01:54 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Please please please please please don't put NOS in a fricken' GT-R. That thing is a work of art.

On another note I reckon that an IS350 with that new F Sport package and other F Sport parts such as the larger brakes, exhaust and intake, will be consistently faster around a track seeing as it is considerably lighter and thus much more agile - for cheaper. Where the IS F really shines is in its sonority, the transmission which is just sex, and the overall exclusiveness of the ride. Just like a finely tuned 335i will outrun an M3 every day of the week, a finely tuned IS350 with all the right F Sport or otherwise parts will run circles around an IS F.

Last edited by FisforFast; 09-30-09 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-30-09, 02:03 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Please please please please please don't put NOS in a fricken' GT-R. That thing is a work of art.

On another note I reckon that an IS350 with that new F Sport package and other F Sport parts such as the larger brakes, exhaust and intake, will be consistently faster around a track seeing as it is considerably lighter and thus much more agile - for cheaper. Where the IS F really shines is in its sonority, the transmission which is just sex, and the overall exclusiveness of the ride. Just like a finely tuned 335i will outrun an M3 every day of the week, a finely tuned IS350 with all the right F Sport or otherwise parts will run circles around an IS F.
Of course, please no NOs for GTR. It's just a saying. GTR is better with more boost. The IS-F that won the 2nd place at the event has been lightened up, with exhaust and the driver "Philip" really knows how to drive it and he's my friend. He has both GTR and IS-F.
Old 09-30-09, 02:03 PM
kponti
Driver

Originally Posted by stevechumo
The stock GTR smokes the stock Z06 all day long, it even has better handling than the Z06. And it'll hang with any big boys out there including Ferrari, Lambo...and you name it. The GTR only loses to the ZR1 if you compare that way. I don't intend to stir or offend the Z06 lovers. I'm 1 of them, too actually. But I can't hold back the truth.

If the GTR runs Nos or cranks up the boost, it'll be a real monster. ...................
Hahahaha seriously??? The GTR is faster than the Z06? Are we talking about the C5 Z06? Cos if you mean C6, you are definitely WRONG
Old 09-30-09, 02:08 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by kponti
Hahahaha seriously??? The GTR is faster than the Z06? Are we talking about the C5 Z06? Cos if you mean C6, you are definitely WRONG
The C6 Z06 is probably faster on paper but in real world applications the GT-R's powertrain and drivetrain is thousands of times more efficient than what is found in the Corvette. With evenly paired, everyman drivers in a real world application you'd be hardpressed to say that the Z06 can beat the GT-R... I think my five-year-old niece could run the GT-R around a track.
Old 09-30-09, 03:47 PM
SEXY 400
Driver

Originally Posted by PHXF
Z06 is a complete beast...but I'd save up and go with the new 911 GT3 myself.
Z06 = Sledgehammer GT3=Scalpel
AHAHA nicely put.
Old 09-30-09, 05:04 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

I mean the Z06. I know exactly what the Z06 looks like. It has the vent near the door handle, which isn't on the C6. There're a lot of reviews comparing between the GTR and the Z06 and they all say the GTR wins. If you look up youtube and type in GTR vs Z06, it'll take you hours just to finish watching all reviews by professional drivers. The GTR can launch from 3.3 - 3.6 second for 0-60 depending on the driver. And some of them managed to run high 10, flat or low 11 seconds for 1/4 mile. The Z06 has a really have hard time to run that.

Link for GTR records: http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...=10&carmake=35

Link for Z06 forum: http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f8/wh...le-time-87461/

Even a 11 psi of boost on the SC400 that runs 12.5 seconds for 1/4 mile can beat the Z06. To be honest, I think the Z06 driver in the clip didn't know how to drive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFHQH-Aruj0
Old 09-30-09, 05:38 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm I guess te M5's handling must also suck. You are talking about the handling of the fastest handling sedan on the Ring (till the Porsche comes out)
have u truly driven the CTS-V? i have so thats my opinion! i think its like driving a family sedan even with sport mode.
Old 09-30-09, 05:41 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the GTR runs Nos or cranks up the boost, it'll be a real monster.

I'd say get the IS-F if it's the daily driver and if you have family. But get the Z06 if it's weekend car with no family involved. The Z06 is much faster and more fun to drive if you're looking for sports and speed. On the other hand, the IS-F is smooth, fast for the streets, and comfortable.

I've just gone to the CL track event last Sunday and seen a lot of IS-F taken to the tracks. They're just a little quicker than the IS350. Many IS-F couldn't get faster than 8.5 seconds for the 1/8 mile track. Here's the link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...etrospect.html

actually in a race (the straight line) it lost to the porsche, ferrari and zr-1.
Old 09-30-09, 05:49 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

The CTS-V is smoky burnouts galore. Enough said, and back on topic please.
Old 10-01-09, 05:30 PM
larrysb
Driver

I've owned both a C5 corvette and a ISF.

I LOVED my Corvette. It was a great car, solid and trouble-free, if you have the inklin' to own one, go for it. Every American male ought to own a Corvette at least once in his lifetime. Just sayin'.

The C6 Z06 is a very well balanced, robust, solid beast of a machine. It does a very solid and competent job on the track and it drives very nicely on the street. You can beat the crap out of it and never hurt it.

The ISF is a great daily driver, especially if you need four seats and some comfort and lots of creature features. It's a different car, also excellent, just does different stuff.

Hell, get both!!!
Old 10-01-09, 05:51 PM
larrysb
Driver

Bro, that Z06 link is to a thread that is 4 years old. They're probably talking about the C5 Z06.

Most of the times I see for stock GTR are around 11.8 and stock C6 Z06 are in the 11.7 range.

One guy at least, on a really good night, turned in a 10.98 quarter mile, verified by the track, on a stock Z06 with the stock Goodyear tires.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f114/...-flats-108217/
Old 10-01-09, 06:59 PM
kponti
Driver

I mean the Z06. I know exactly what the Z06 looks like. It has the vent near the door handle, which isn't on the C6. There're a lot of reviews comparing between the GTR and the Z06 and they all say the GTR wins. If you look up youtube and type in GTR vs Z06, it'll take you hours just to finish watching all reviews by professional drivers. The GTR can launch from 3.3 - 3.6 second for 0-60 depending on the driver. And some of them managed to run high 10, flat or low 11 seconds for 1/4 mile. The Z06 has a really have hard time to run that.

Link for GTR records: http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...=10&carmake=35

Link for Z06 forum: http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f8/wh...le-time-87461/

Even a 11 psi of boost on the SC400 that runs 12.5 seconds for 1/4 mile can beat the Z06. To be honest, I think the Z06 driver in the clip didn't know how to drive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFHQH-Aruj0
Wow did you look at the dates on those posts? See all those 11 second timeslips at 117-120mph? Yes thats from the lowly 405BHP C5 Z06
The frikken Z06 is a 10second car straight off the showroom floor with a good driver on factory tires. Lets look at the times from the current car for once
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...fast-list.html

And hahahahahahaha yes I believe you are very right in saying the Z06 driver did not know how to drive (even a stick), did you see that??? 13.5sec at 107mph. Even a bone stock C5 corvette automatic will beat that. BTW how did you you know it is a Z06 and not a regular vette???

Last edited by kponti; 10-01-09 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Is-F vs Z06 pros cons