IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Didn't think I would... but I did.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 08:50 PM
Reciprocal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's great looking. How fast are these, 0-60, 1/4 ET and Trap, Top speed?
Old 09-30-09, 09:05 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

You have a hot ride there. Do me a favor though?? Drive it like its meant to be. Dont let it be a garage queen. And who cares if this is faster or more expensive, cheaper or whatever, Its all about your preferences and how "you" like it. Do you plan on modding it any? You basically have a baby lambo there. Congrats
Old 09-30-09, 09:33 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Somehow I doubt you can have as much fun in this as in the IS-F...
i agree. the IS F was built for great feel on the road. the R8 IMO was more designed for flash. and even though its faster, unless you have a plethora of roads without cops or speed traps or know of a nearby track, its engine power wont be unleashed that often. but it is an eye catcher, which makes it an attractive car alone.
Old 09-30-09, 11:42 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Love this car, saw a couple at the dealership, simply looks amazing, i cant remember maybe it was road and track which tested r8vs 911, they picked the r8 because it was more balanced + more fun.

Originally Posted by FisforFast
The difference is that the R8 has AWD and is actually quite driveable in the winter. I have several acquaintances who own R8s and drive them year-round no problems. Mind you, I'll only be taking it out when there's a clear, sunny day - not when there's a blizzard out. I definitely wouldn't consider it daily-driveable as sometimes you feel as if your *** is being dragged around on the pavement, especially on the highway. It's low.

While I have to agree that it is a bit underpowered for the price, you really have to try this thing on the track. It's truly astonishing. It's also reasonably luxurious and it's eye-candy to say the least. I find it to be more a of premium grand tourer in the likes of a Maserati or a similarly priced M6... it's definitely throaty, though.
Old 10-01-09, 09:18 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Reciprocal
It's great looking. How fast are these, 0-60, 1/4 ET and Trap, Top speed?
As far as I know, 0-60 mph is about 4.5s according to Audi, and its top speed is electronically governed at 300 km/h which is about 185 mph for you American folks out there. But I've seen people do 0-60 in under 4 seconds and the fastest one I saw at the track clocked in at 12 flat in the 1/4 mile... some of the slower ones were at 12.4-.6. I don't plan on bringing it to a drag strip any time soon so don't expect me to confirm or deny.

Originally Posted by kickhard
You have a hot ride there. Do me a favor though?? Drive it like its meant to be. Dont let it be a garage queen. And who cares if this is faster or more expensive, cheaper or whatever, Its all about your preferences and how "you" like it. Do you plan on modding it any? You basically have a baby lambo there. Congrats
I can guarantee this thing won't be a garage queen. I've only got 3 years of warranty left out of it and I'm going to take advantage of it. As far as modifications go, I've been thinking about this:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142791

But in all seriousness I don't think so. Some of the bigger modifications I've seen checked in at about $50,000 (twin turbo or supercharger). I might settle for an exhaust but even those are quite expensive (almost $10,000 for the nicer ones).

Originally Posted by UZ214
Love this car, saw a couple at the dealership, simply looks amazing, i cant remember maybe it was road and track which tested r8vs 911, they picked the r8 because it was more balanced + more fun.
For me it was a tie between an R8 and a new Maserati GranTurismo. They cost about the same price (used vs. new) but I decided that the trek up to Quebec City was not worth it and that aside from being unreliable, the Maserati is undriveable in the winter and does not perform nearly as well as the R8. Then I saw the GT-R but, while they are truly a piece of art - and no offense to those who own them on there boards - I couldn't bring myself to spend in upwards of $100,000 on a Nissan.
Old 10-01-09, 09:56 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

No offense taken but I didn't spend anywhere near 100k for my GTR. Ironic though that you spent that much on a Audi. It's all about perception I guess
Old 10-01-09, 10:00 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

They start at $98,900 around here and the used ones are even more expensive, ironically. I also didn't want to deal with the 'authorized dealership' crap and the exclusivity some salesmen have on these cars. I also wanted a manual transmission. But yeah, I guess it's all about perception. I think I just couldn't bring myself to discuss pricing on a $100,000 automobile with a Sentra to my left and a Cube to my right. Paint quality was also a deciding factor here... I haven't heard good things about Nissan paint and some of the color-codes are from other cars aswell, so... It's a very, very nice car nonetheless just not my cup of tea!
Old 10-01-09, 02:22 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

great pics... Congrats on the new car...
Old 10-01-09, 05:58 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Congratz!!, how much did you pay for the car? and how much was the ISF worth?
Old 10-01-09, 07:21 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bro...sick...post some cabin pics I'd love to see the leath!
Old 10-01-09, 08:15 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Great ride, man.....I've seen a couple here in Ontario in the last year or so and they really are special.

Funny how the date stopped on the first day of summer (summer solstice).
Dealer can figure that one out I'm sure.

G/L, enjoy, and keep up the hard work at Timmies....
I wish I'd gone that route back in the 70's when I lived in Oakville Ontario.
Could have gotten into one relatively easily back then....

Cheers,
Colin.
Old 10-01-09, 10:05 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Somehow I doubt you can have as much fun in this as in the IS-F...
LOL you sir are on crack if you believe that
Old 10-01-09, 10:12 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
i agree. the IS F was built for great feel on the road. the R8 IMO was more designed for flash. and even though its faster, unless you have a plethora of roads without cops or speed traps or know of a nearby track, its engine power wont be unleashed that often. but it is an eye catcher, which makes it an attractive car alone.
LOL and so are you sir if you believe that too.

Did you know the R8 is basically a rebadged Lambo Gallardo. I am sure it has no feel for the road like the ISF(joking). It always amazes me how people say it wont be this or that or as fun as or whatever when they have no experience in the matter and only have seen one side of the coin. The ISF is no 1980s volvo diesel but come on it is not the holy grail of automotive engineering either and actually is not that great of a handling car because of its weight and heavy nose. Is the ISF the only sports car/sedan with a 400hp engine you have ever experienced? How can you say the R8 was designed for flash even though its faster? Your statement is a big contridiction because the same could be said about the ISF and its engine power not being unleashed that often either. I bet 98% of ISF owners havent unleashed their beast of an engine yet.........

People said the same crap about the GTR having experienced it only from the internet too

Last edited by kickhard; 10-01-09 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-02-09, 06:50 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

congrats on the R8! aww man, i want that car someday...
Old 10-02-09, 08:14 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

As for pics of the interior... I couldn't get any good cabin shots so I omitted from putting them on. I'll see with the previous owner if he managed to get some good ones because I can't get a good angle.

Originally Posted by jctheplaya
Congratz!!, how much did you pay for the car? and how much was the ISF worth?
Paid right around $125k for it, fully negociated. It was listed as $128k, which is an outright steal for a car that had more than $20k in options in it. New ones go for about 150k around here so...

The IS-F is probably worth anywhere north of $55k around here now. Paid it $70k-something back in 2008. I didn't sell it, just transfered the title over to my company.

Originally Posted by ISFer
Great ride, man.....I've seen a couple here in Ontario in the last year or so and they really are special.

Funny how the date stopped on the first day of summer (summer solstice).
Dealer can figure that one out I'm sure.

G/L, enjoy, and keep up the hard work at Timmies....
I wish I'd gone that route back in the 70's when I lived in Oakville Ontario.
Could have gotten into one relatively easily back then....

Cheers,
Colin.
Thanks! You have no idea how much hard work it is to run a Tim Hortons franchise, let alone two, alongside two other businesses (that I only co-own though). 90 cent coffees is hard work dawg.

Originally Posted by kickhard
LOL and so are you sir if you believe that too.

Did you know the R8 is basically a rebadged Lambo Gallardo. I am sure it has no feel for the road like the ISF(joking). It always amazes me how people say it wont be this or that or as fun as or whatever when they have no experience in the matter and only have seen one side of the coin. The ISF is no 1980s volvo diesel but come on it is not the holy grail of automotive engineering either and actually is not that great of a handling car because of its weight and heavy nose. Is the ISF the only sports car/sedan with a 400hp engine you have ever experienced? How can you say the R8 was designed for flash even though its faster? Your statement is a big contridiction because the same could be said about the ISF and its engine power not being unleashed that often either. I bet 98% of ISF owners havent unleashed their beast of an engine yet.........

People said the same crap about the GTR having experienced it only from the internet too
I will have to agree with the original commentator in the sense that I can generally have more fun on the street with the IS F than I can have with the R8. Everything is 10x as expensive to fix on the R8 so if I break something, I'll probably have a heart attack. I'll probably be less heart broken if I land in the ditch with the F rather than with the R8.

Quick Reply: Didn't think I would... but I did.