IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Teins or which aftermarket springs with least amount of drop

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-09, 09:16 AM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teins or which aftermarket springs with least amount of drop

Don't want anything aggressive or full coilovers since I have no plan changing the height back and forth. Might add a lip in the near future so a minimal drop would be ideal for me any suggestions?
Old 10-11-09, 09:23 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're looking for the least amount of drop, I'd say go with Eibach. If you want something a little more aggressive, go with Tein. I'm running Tein with the Lexon lip and love the stance
Old 10-11-09, 09:23 AM
verals05
Lead Lap

Tein H-Tech springs...

I still prefer Coilovers. I purchased my first set and I love them! Way better than springs. Not mainly because of the height adjustment options, but more of the ride adjustments.

Plus if you ever get rims you have the choice to bring it down more.
Old 10-11-09, 09:25 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with Eibach springs, and I am happy with the drop but they did not help out the ride (bounce), so I will probably be going with coilovers in the near future.

Old 10-11-09, 10:33 AM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Definitely Eibach. I am running on them and not happy with the front drop as its almost no drop. I am switching to Tein H-Tech for my front, cuz it is definitely a lower drop. Keeping Eibach on rear cause I think Tein drop is too low in rear. Its strange, but I will be happier with that combo.
Old 10-11-09, 11:27 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

ive been wondering the same thing. ive noticed that the teins do tend to drop the rear way more than most people would like, but eibachs simply dont drop enough front or rear, IMO and that of other F drivers that ive talked to. i was thinking about teins, but waiting for possibly a group buy or a DEEP discount.
Old 10-11-09, 02:20 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by hblexus07
I went with Eibach springs, and I am happy with the drop but they did not help out the ride (bounce), so I will probably be going with coilovers in the near future.
This is a shock issue not a spring. Just throw on some Bilstein HDs and call it a day.

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 10-12-09 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-12-09, 10:58 AM
Christan
Driver

Speaking of suspension systems, I have no idea when it comes to aftermarket systems.

What would be the best setup/brand for street, distance driving and track?
The current system is okay, but i i think id like something that would allow me to sharpen the steering a tad.
Old 10-12-09, 11:16 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Christan
Speaking of suspension systems, I have no idea when it comes to aftermarket systems.

What would be the best setup/brand for street, distance driving and track?
The current system is okay, but i i think id like something that would allow me to sharpen the steering a tad.

Your question is WAY too broad and by definition there is no one solution that will give you the results you are looking for. Street, distance and track all contradict each other in some way. You will have to give up one for the other. I personally feel that Lexus did a really good job developing a one size fits all suspension that is road and track friendly.

You can go with an adjustable set up that will sort of get you there, but then you will have to make changes depending on what type of driving you are planning to do and still you will have to settle on one spring rate, one ride height and one alignment unless you plan on spending several hundred dollars in set up before and after every time to the track.

Just my $.02
Old 10-12-09, 02:16 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
This is a shock issue not a spring. Just throw on some Bilstein HDs and call it a day.
Anyone have any esxperience changing out the shocks on our F to improve the ride quality? I call it the "bounce" we get over uneven road surfaces like bridges, overpasses, etc. that I would like to reduce or eliminate.
Old 10-12-09, 03:15 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Just get the Tein, the "bounce" is so much better with the Tein Springs, Rides 100 times better than stock. Im on Teins and I now that its all settle, the front and rear pretty much matches up and I love the Tein. Eibach was a joke this time for the IsF cmon, .7F and .3R? thats not even a drop, thats 3 fat chicks sitting in the F. lol
Old 10-12-09, 03:18 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
ive been wondering the same thing. ive noticed that the teins do tend to drop the rear way more than most people would like, but eibachs simply dont drop enough front or rear, IMO and that of other F drivers that ive talked to. i was thinking about teins, but waiting for possibly a group buy or a DEEP discount.
Assultech, one of the sponsors on this site sells the Teins for like $230 shipped, thats where I got mines. I forgot the exact exact price, but it was cheaper than ebay. you really need a group buy on springs that cost about the same as a Honda civic?
Old 10-12-09, 08:43 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

If someone would make an adjustable dampening shock for the IS F (i.e. Bilstein, Tokico, Koni and etc), the F would do great with a set of quality lowering springs. I had a set of Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs on my previous 04 IS300 for a bit and loved the ride and handling. I ended up going with coilovers to adjust the ride height to my liking.
Old 10-13-09, 08:21 AM
Christan
Driver

I've decided to go with Tein's. Mainly cause they are the only ones i can really get support for here and also because i was in my friend's IS250 and it felt much better than i expected. Ill see how that flies and report back
Old 10-13-09, 08:26 AM
Christan
Driver

Oh btw do the F sport http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/f-spo...orber_set.html work with the IS F?
Just wondering !