IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

09 IS-F vs 2010 IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-09, 03:30 PM
Dymelos
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 IS-F vs 2010 IS-F

Ok so I got the wifes ok to upgrade to an IS-F, I am wondering if anyone knows why I should even look at an 09? I know that the 10's have a ton of newer things added (updated gen 6 nav, lsd, wheels) but are their any cash back deals on the 09's? I have checked edmunds and kbb and they list nothing for incentives on the IS-F. So words of advice anyone? I greatly appreciate it. Btw I have already gotten 2 quotes for 2010 for 3500 off of msrp. That didn't take long. One was the USB/alpine and the other is the SGM/black both had the same options. Thanks guys I hope to pull the trigger in the next week or two on one.
Old 10-16-09, 04:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

they already have that much off msrp? that's rare considering the car is still so new

there is no incentive on 09 yet from factory as far as i know
Old 10-16-09, 04:44 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I think it comes down to one question. Will you track your car?

If the answer is YES, get the 2010 with the LSD.

If the answer is NO, get the 2009 and save the money.

I would not say the new cars have a "ton" of new features. In-fact the 2010s have a handful of deletions from the previous years. In the end it is your choice and may be steered by financial considerations. All years are great cars.
Old 10-16-09, 04:51 PM
Dymelos
Rookie

What was deleted from the 2010 thats on the 2009? The only thing I noticed was the wheels, which honestly depending on the color it looks better with the new ones vs the old ones. I might track the car down the road but it won't happen anytime soon.
Old 10-16-09, 05:05 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Dymelos
What was deleted from the 2010 thats on the 2009?
From the IS-F... Nothing....

Originally Posted by Joe Z
2010 IS-F Changes...

Notice this at the Top of EACH Page:

Notes: Items in bold are new for 2010.

Also, there was nothing mentioned about the "New Wheel Design"

BOLD ITEMS:

1) TORSEN® Limited Slip

2) Blue leather-trimmed insert on steering wheel for black and two-tone Alpine interior

3) Terracotta leather-trimmed shift **** for Terracotta two-tone interior

4) Foldable rear headrests

5) MP3/WMA auxiliary audio and iPod®/USB plugs

6) Bluetooth® with streaming audio capability

7) XM equipped will get (complimentary 90-day trial subscription)

8) Safety Connect™ with Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Assist Button, and Enhanced Roadside Assistance (complimentary one-year trial subscription included)

9) Lexus HDD Navigation System
• Enhanced Bluetooth® with phonebook download
• Lexus Enform™ with SafetyConnect™: Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Assist Button (SOS), Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Destination Assist, and eDestination (complimentary one-year trial subscription)
• Lexus Insider™
• Voice command casual-language recognition
• XM NavTraffic®/NavWeather™ (complimentary 90-day trial subscription)
• XM® Sports and Stocks (included with XM® radio subscription)
Joe Z
Attached Files
Old 10-16-09, 05:18 PM
Dymelos
Rookie

Thanks Joe, I didn't think anything was actually deleted. I remember seeing your posts about the additions a couple times on the thread. So hearing the deletion thing was surprising to me.
Old 10-16-09, 05:48 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2010 an i will buy ur lsd if u dont want it!
Old 10-16-09, 07:11 PM
MicaISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the '10.

days of $10k off MSRP are over. if the price differential is small between the two models, it's a no brainer to go for the '10. you are buying a $60k car, a difference of few thousands is nothing. there are enough upgrades to justify a few thousand more.
Old 10-16-09, 07:29 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Ok so I got the wifes ok to upgrade to an IS-F, I am wondering if anyone knows why I should even look at an 09? I know that the 10's have a ton of newer things added (updated gen 6 nav, lsd, wheels) but are their any cash back deals on the 09's? I have checked edmunds and kbb and they list nothing for incentives on the IS-F. So words of advice anyone? I greatly appreciate it. Btw I have already gotten 2 quotes for 2010 for 3500 off of msrp. That didn't take long. One was the USB/alpine and the other is the SGM/black both had the same options. Thanks guys I hope to pull the trigger in the next week or two on one.
First question I have is how did you convence your wife to say ok to the isf? I would personally go with the 2010 for the live traffic and LSD. Even though the new wheels are ugly. :thumbdown:
Old 10-17-09, 11:09 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

it comes down to cost. everything (minus the headrest, rims, Enform, updated nav, and lsd) are in the 09 model. there are many deals being made now for the 09's cuz the 10's are rolling into the showrooms. unless you really care about the lsd or the folding head rests (which i think is a nice luxurious touch), id stick with the 09 and save yourself a lot of money and insurance costs.
Old 10-17-09, 01:37 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,351 Posts

I personally don't like the new rear headrests. IMHO, the idea is silly. The old headrests had a stepped design that integrated into the rear seats in a much nicer way. Attached are picts of the new headrests.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails 09 IS-F vs 2010 IS-F-10-headrestjpg1.jpg   09 IS-F vs 2010 IS-F-10-headrest1.jpg  
Old 10-17-09, 02:05 PM
Axtellz
Rookie

I'd vote for the '10.
Unless there is some crazy difference in the cost.. the newer model will be ahead in depreciation vs the 09. And,as a bonus, you get an LSD.
Old 10-29-09, 02:22 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

What was deleted from the 2010 thats on the 2009? The only thing I noticed was the wheels, which honestly depending on the color it looks better with the new ones vs the old ones. I might track the car down the road but it won't happen anytime soon.
Originally Posted by Joe Z
From the IS-F... Nothing....
From Lexus PDF:

8. Lighting
With the introduction of the Safety Connect, the front seat illumination has been discontinued and the lights
that operate for of the illuminated entry system have been changed from the front seat illumination to the front
interior lights for U.S.A. models.

• The A/T OIL TEMP indicator light has been discontinued.
• The warning message for the detection of a tire pressure warning system (TPWS)
malfunction has been discontinued.
The sounding of the warning buzzer when the Pre-Collision System (PCS) is
disabled has been discontinued.

Not necessarily of much importance but some things have been discontinued. I would miss the seat illumination my self.
Old 10-29-09, 03:00 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,993 Likes on 2,417 Posts

Both of these are for the better IHMO.

• The A/T OIL TEMP indicator light has been discontinued.
• The warning message for the detection of a tire pressure warning system (TPWS)
malfunction has been discontinued.

The A/T oil temp indicator is now on the multi-display, not just an idiot light.

The TPWS warning message disables the multi-display for the most part, so if you choose to install aftermarket wheels without TPMS sensors, you functionally lose the multi-display unless you punch the button every time you want to see it. It's pretty annoying really. Now it's just another flashing idiot light, but you can see everything else.
Old 10-29-09, 07:30 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Just get a 2010 and call it a day.

Quick Reply: 09 IS-F vs 2010 IS-F