IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

TRIPLE threat "dressed in white" : IS-F | E92 M3 | NSX

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-09, 04:24 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nysupraman
One of the best Starfire Pearl IS-F on the boards! That AC lip looks stunning on there!
+1, there's nothing better looking on the road today than a Starfire Pearl! Awesome
Old 10-19-09, 04:26 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For me, the trunklid is the last thing I would touch on the IS-F. The Lexus REALLY needs a nice diffuser before I'd consider changing my trunk piece which is what I'm concentrating on right now.

Unless I misunderstood what Tommy said, the Wald trunk piece is just an add-on to the oem existing trunk? The Vorsteiner M3 trunklid really is a complete piece and flows super nice on the m3. I dunno if it would look good on the IS-F but then again these are two different cars with different lines.

I love the view from behind Jeff's car since you see these two shiny pipes underneath that mean business....I'm so low I can look right up into his backup camera!

To me the IS-F and M3 in stock form both seem to have their rear ends perched too high. Once dropped and with the diffuser/exhaust combo the m3 looks much better. The IS-F also looks better from the rear dropped but it's missing a diffuser to tie it all together.
Old 10-19-09, 06:11 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeff... are you copying me? i'm picking up some yellow brembos .... when you get yours power coated ask them to stick on the brembo decals

T.... your kinda wack hahaha i knew it was you when i was driving up the hill.... oh i decided to change my wheel finish i think what told you is going to be too much going on.... looks like i might be doing something similar to your wack *** 5.5' rear lip klassen wheel wack ness hahaha

rick... it was good meeting you also man, i'll keep in contact, maybe i'll see you at the mini meets.... and like i told jeff and t... your car is perfect!... it just right, everything flows great and not too over the top! simple and clean!

now about the trunk spoilers..... both the wald and vorsteiner are very similar to me, they both have the same basic shape and look but still very different.... for the size and shape of our cars i think the wald looks great, if it was more like the vorsteiner trunk it wouldnt flow right, that trunk is made for a coupe thats why it looks a little off on even the e90's... you guys can always get it painted the same way T did and it'll look the same.... both are great
Old 10-19-09, 11:21 PM
iDomoKun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ww.. that's gotta be the sexiest thing that i have ever seen
Old 10-20-09, 06:21 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

holy shiet!!! white cars are hot!
Old 10-20-09, 12:04 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy350
jeff... are you copying me? i'm picking up some yellow brembos .... when you get yours power coated ask them to stick on the brembo decals

T.... your kinda wack hahaha i knew it was you when i was driving up the hill.... oh i decided to change my wheel finish i think what told you is going to be too much going on.... looks like i might be doing something similar to your wack *** 5.5' rear lip klassen wheel wack ness hahaha

rick... it was good meeting you also man, i'll keep in contact, maybe i'll see you at the mini meets.... and like i told jeff and t... your car is perfect!... it just right, everything flows great and not too over the top! simple and clean!

now about the trunk spoilers..... both the wald and vorsteiner are very similar to me, they both have the same basic shape and look but still very different.... for the size and shape of our cars i think the wald looks great, if it was more like the vorsteiner trunk it wouldnt flow right, that trunk is made for a coupe thats why it looks a little off on even the e90's... you guys can always get it painted the same way T did and it'll look the same.... both are great
^ Exactly.

I kindof got the feeling that the Vorsteiner, and WALD have the same kind of aggressive CURVE in some way. I feel that they relate, even though they are for different cars. I hate to say it, even though alot of people aren't a fan...i STILL love the Wald kit for the F's. Yeah, maybe the front's a bit overdone, but I can GUARANTEE the thing looks ridiculously aggressive when it's on a nicely modded F....*caugh caugh* maybe mine?
Old 10-20-09, 02:14 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
^ Exactly.

I kindof got the feeling that the Vorsteiner, and WALD have the same kind of aggressive CURVE in some way. I feel that they relate, even though they are for different cars. I hate to say it, even though alot of people aren't a fan...i STILL love the Wald kit for the F's. Yeah, maybe the front's a bit overdone, but I can GUARANTEE the thing looks ridiculously aggressive when it's on a nicely modded F....*caugh caugh* maybe mine?
Soooo...... what you are saying is that Nic is going to have to come back and do another photo shoot with your ISF
Old 10-20-09, 02:40 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
^ Exactly.

I think with some modifications to the IS-F rear lip, it could look amazingly good. But from Wald directly, i think it looks to extravagant and overdone.
Old 10-20-09, 02:48 PM
Fsonic
Rookie

Tommy350, I'm having Sonic powdercoat my calipers. They have the black brembo decals to complete it. No budget for new brembos. When are you getting your new set? Rick knows a good spot by Cisco for our next shoot.

ExclusiveIS, btw, really appreciate the positive feedback and your enthusiasm. That would be sick if you got the full wald kit! You can hit up Clark @ VIP for a quote. Regardless, hope you find what your looking for.

Last edited by Fsonic; 10-20-09 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-20-09, 04:34 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
I think with some modifications to the IS-F rear lip, it could look amazingly good. But from Wald directly, i think it looks to extravagant and overdone.
I've been doing some careful studying of various car mfr. and the aftermarket CF diffusers and made a few notes.

My question is do you guys prefer having something that is bolt on? or do you mind cutting your rear bumper to fit a diffuser?

The biggest issue is that with our IS-F, the distance between the tips is 32" and most high performance sedans have the tips coming out more central to the bumper and thus that leaves a big flat area in between the IS-F oval tips. I've studied the F430, VIP IS-F, EVO, and NSX rear ends and it seems to get the right angle for the diffuser to flow properly it would need an approach angle that means cutting the rear bumper.

I'm going to be testing some ideas in the upcoming weeks. The WALD rear diffuser is really an "in your face" piece that maybe ok on a true show car but certainly not a street ride as stated earlier.

My 2 cents on the WALD kit is that the front end is just too heavy looking from any angle but straight on and without the proper sideskirts it just looks weird. But hey we all have our own style in modifying cars so would love to see someone prove me wrong. It's already been done on silver and white cars so I wonder how it would look on black?
Old 10-20-09, 05:33 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

^ Actually, I think the WALD kit would look best on a black car, especially the front end, because most of the crazy lines and vents would be more subtle.

I would prefer not to cut the bumper, and have a straight bolt-on. I mean, if WALD simply cut off the top part of their diffuser and remove the strange red reflectors, then we're set! ha ha
Old 10-20-09, 08:00 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

jeff- i hope they dont charge you to much... sonic + paint = paint price/ labor price is not so nice to the pockets with them(if you dont know them)

but sweet lets see how much i can get those brembos for and maybe the next part of the photoshoot we can both have some chinese bbk love

now onto wald again.... if i was a F owner i'd probably be all over the wald kit, only because i love the agressive look and i'm hooked on wald now... wald-in out of control hahah.... i do agree it is a little agressive and is more show, but i think its something people have to see in person before they can really say the hate or love it... i've held it in front of me before and i like it(again thats me) and the refectors are like stickers you can leave it out and have it fully carbon

again thats me and my taste... i cant wait to see what rick comes up with, i'm sure its gonna be SEX
Old 10-20-09, 09:51 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

I wanted to share a few shots from my camera that day....different views and bear with me as I'm still a beginner photographer!

Butt shots because it's always better from behind!

Color contrast really shows nicely in this picture:

Muscular fenders from the IS-F and M3

WALD is in da house!

Tan's m3 is dressed to kill:

A view to die for:
Old 10-20-09, 10:41 PM
nick01
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take the NSX please. so sickkkk
Old 10-20-09, 11:51 PM
Nigel-JDMParts