IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I've just been 'RAPPED ~ in carbon fiber that is :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-09, 10:50 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PapaHoff: Yes it will never be "real" CF but I will never plan to tear my car apart just to use real CF parts because I want to keep my OEM parts intact. Good luck selling your car down the road if you tear apart the roof. CF is primarily for show and always has been. The weight reduction is just something nice to brag about but in reality 99% of IS-F will never see the track like mine and I won't pretend it is.

My friends all think this matte "fake" CF actually looks better than the rear stuff!

BigMikeISF: This stuff comes in white, silver or black CF as shown on my car

SEMA is supposed to release a new gloss version but I actually love the matte look. I just finished covering my Blackberry in this film - really easy to work with once you get some practice

rick
Old 10-27-09, 04:12 PM
DiauR1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick how did you take off the fog housing? Was it easy?
Old 10-27-09, 08:33 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where the %^&* are the rest of the pics man?
Old 10-27-09, 09:02 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DiauR1
Rick how did you take off the fog housing? Was it easy?
Fog light housings are EASY once you know where to reach and push inside the bumper. You can do it from the bottom or behind (sounds like a **** movie...haha)

The car is in a few pieces right now getting some more mods so no roof pics but here's what I have so far (no front lip either).

I'm going to constantly update my mod thread so watch for new mods here (unrelated to the CF)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-family-7.html

Fogs:

Side mirrors were done in 2-tone for the m3-effect sorta reversed:

Last edited by s4play; 10-27-09 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-27-09, 10:15 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

thanx for the pics. Everything is looking good. I plan on doing the rear diffuser and fogs also. Not sure about the mirrors. I was also thinking about wrapping the headlights, some people have the inside painted flat black, how would CF look?
Old 10-28-09, 07:06 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

hmmm i might have to try that mirror mod
Old 10-28-09, 10:21 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fleadog99
thanx for the pics. Everything is looking good. I plan on doing the rear diffuser and fogs also. Not sure about the mirrors. I was also thinking about wrapping the headlights, some people have the inside painted flat black, how would CF look?
I'm an expert in working on headlights as my shop does this type of work. We are doing the CF treatment to a pair of ap2 s2000 headlights right now

Looking at the ISF headlight shape, I would think it's going to be VERY hard to do the curves, probably better to paint this area due to the high heat as well....
Old 10-29-09, 10:25 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

How does this stuff compare with neffy wrap for interior pieces? I have to redo some of the parts in my car that I did with neffy wrap, and it almost seems this stuff would be easier to work with...
Old 10-29-09, 06:28 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looking forward to some full car pics.. This is such a great color to mod with.. The Star-Fire pearl and CF mods go so well together.. Nice work.. One of my favorite IS-F's on here..

Luv the car is the BMW, NSX photoshoot as well..
Old 11-02-09, 02:02 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by isthrizzy
How does this stuff compare with neffy wrap for interior pieces? I have to redo some of the parts in my car that I did with neffy wrap, and it almost seems this stuff would be easier to work with...
Never worked with the neffy wrap but this 3M stuff is high quality and very easy to use. They have channeled grooves on the adhesive side so you can push the air pockets out. It's designed to be applied "DRY" so takes less time but you do have to work with patience.

I'm going to wrap some more experimental pieces this week.

Look for some full car shots once we get the car ready.

rick
Old 11-02-09, 05:44 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

s4play - thanks for providing so much information about the 3M wrap. Did you have to use a heat gun or blow dryer to help mold the wrap around edges?
Old 11-03-09, 05:13 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by s4play
PapaHoff: Yes it will never be "real" CF but I will never plan to tear my car apart just to use real CF parts because I want to keep my OEM parts intact. Good luck selling your car down the road if you tear apart the roof. CF is primarily for show and always has been. The weight reduction is just something nice to brag about but in reality 99% of IS-F will never see the track like mine and I won't pretend it is.

My friends all think this matte "fake" CF actually looks better than the rear stuff!

BigMikeISF: This stuff comes in white, silver or black CF as shown on my car

SEMA is supposed to release a new gloss version but I actually love the matte look. I just finished covering my Blackberry in this film - really easy to work with once you get some practice

rick
I dont think it looks bad. It looks good but in moderation. the mirrors look odd. either cf the whole mirror and base or not at all but to each is to own and as long as your happy, so be it.

I wont have a problem selling my car as I am not in any rush to.. I buy all of my cars outright as I dont buy anything I dont have the money for.
Old 11-03-09, 10:15 PM
Fsonic
Rookie

I saw s4play's car in person last week and the CF upgrades look very nice and truly one-of-a-kind....which we're all trying to achieve given the sudden influx of white IS-Fs in our neighborhood!!

The CF theme flows well throughout the whole car (front splitters/fog light, roof & diffuser) for just a fraction of the cost of my AC front lip + you'll have the option to return everything to stock, if you need to. Good stuff Rick!

I went with the gloss black look for my roof and like a few others, I had it painted. If you don't mind re-painting, IMHO this is the way to go if you want to go with the gloss look on top. Not sure how the gloss vinyl will turn out but the CF on rick's roof looks like a factory upgrade! Clean.

Last edited by Fsonic; 11-03-09 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 01:46 PM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Our stock is finally in...

See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ion-2-0-a.html

Also have a Holiday promotion and free shipping going on right now. Check the marketplace for the thread.

Jason
Old 11-05-09, 10:59 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Papahoff: I agree with you on the side mirrors and will be getting them re-done completely in CF as the partial looks odd. Originally I thought it would look similiar to the e92 m3 mirrors but not for our fat looking mirrors. I buy all my cars in cash and hold the titles as well since I don't believe in throwing money away to banks

Fsonic: The car is getting a few more trick mods after we just got back from SEMA - these shows are great places to gather ideas. I may bring my custom diffuser to market if there is enough interest.

rick

Quick Reply: I've just been 'RAPPED ~ in carbon fiber that is :)