IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ordering my IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-09 | 07:16 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Default Ordering my IS-F

Hey guys so I am finally stepping to the plate and ordering my IS-F.

The funniest thing happen at the dealer. Went to the dealer and asked to see a Starfire Pearl IS-F that they didn't have in stock. The first thing the guy asked me was what kind of car I was driving at the moment ( like if that matters ), anyways after they tell me they don't have one in stock the sales guy tells me that I can order one and it would take 2 weeks. I was like OK so how much is it. The guy tells me 63k starting plus options. At this point I had to ask the guy how many options the car came with... Like if I didn't do my research. He starts with all this stuff and I asked him if he hadn't been on the Lexus web site lately because you can build and price one out and it is 63k loaded. So that kinda pissed him off and he went to see a his manager and came back out telling me I had to put a deposit on the car if I wanted to order it. Then I asked again how much was it. He goes back in the managers office and come back out. Tell me that it takes 2 weeks and I have to put a deposit on it. At this point I am like OK... We got that covered already but what is the price on the car. He tells me it starts at 63k and I told him again.. Dude the site told me 63k LOADED now your telling me 63k Starting why the price difference. He said the site was not accurate and that they start at 63k. As I was walking out I asked for a brochure and the guy asked me for what.... LMAO cause I want and IS-F

Long Story Short does anyone know a good place in FL to purchase an IS-F.... Some place that allow people in Flip Flops to purchase a car. I have seen some used ones but the price difference is not that much so after financing the monthly payment is about the same.

Anything I should keep in mind when ordering my new baby?

Janoy
Old 10-30-09 | 07:42 PM
j8123
Driver

Originally Posted by ISSForged
Hey guys so I am finally stepping to the plate and ordering my IS-F.

The funniest thing happen at the dealer. Went to the dealer and asked to see a Starfire Pearl IS-F that they didn't have in stock. The first thing the guy asked me was what kind of car I was driving at the moment ( like if that matters ), anyways after they tell me they don't have one in stock the sales guy tells me that I can order one and it would take 2 weeks. I was like OK so how much is it. The guy tells me 63k starting plus options. At this point I had to ask the guy how many options the car came with... Like if I didn't do my research. He starts with all this stuff and I asked him if he hadn't been on the Lexus web site lately because you can build and price one out and it is 63k loaded. So that kinda pissed him off and he went to see a his manager and came back out telling me I had to put a deposit on the car if I wanted to order it. Then I asked again how much was it. He goes back in the managers office and come back out. Tell me that it takes 2 weeks and I have to put a deposit on it. At this point I am like OK... We got that covered already but what is the price on the car. He tells me it starts at 63k and I told him again.. Dude the site told me 63k LOADED now your telling me 63k Starting why the price difference. He said the site was not accurate and that they start at 63k. As I was walking out I asked for a brochure and the guy asked me for what.... LMAO cause I want and IS-F

Long Story Short does anyone know a good place in FL to purchase an IS-F.... Some place that allow people in Flip Flops to purchase a car. I have seen some used ones but the price difference is not that much so after financing the monthly payment is about the same.

Anything I should keep in mind when ordering my new baby?

Janoy
Go online and contact all the dealerships in your area. You will get a much better deal working 5-10 dealerships against each other then trying to work something out with one. I contacted dealerships all over the country and got an excellent deal on my car. It takes time, but it removes the hassle part of purchasing a car. You can take your time with zero pressure. When you find your deal like I did you can have the car delivered or go pick it up and have a fun drive home.
Old 10-30-09 | 07:47 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

LOL! Yes dealerships are full of idiot sell mans usually but nice story
Old 10-30-09 | 07:50 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, you need to make a complaint straight to his manager.

If you want a good deal on your ISF make sure you get a good deal over the phone with the fleet manager then see him in person, usually you can get better deals with them.
Old 10-30-09 | 08:26 PM
12ichard
Rookie

I would say Westminster Lexus but its in cali... compare prices over the phone and if its out of state thats cheaper, SHIP IT! LoL thats if the $$$ is right.
Old 10-30-09 | 09:17 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Does anyone have the two tone red black interior. Does it look good in person?
Old 10-30-09 | 09:38 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter
CL Folding 1M

Just curious have you considered used?
I thought I saw a post a while ago that said 47k$ for an IS-F...?
Old 10-30-09 | 09:53 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by ISSForged
Does anyone have the two tone red black interior. Does it look good in person?
Are you referring to the terra cotta interior that was available on the 2008 IS-F? The idea was a move in the right direction, but the execution looks like a half-assed quilt. Looks terrible in my opinion. Good luck on your purchase!

Javier
Old 10-31-09 | 06:15 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Did you go to the guy i sent you to???
Old 10-31-09 | 06:24 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Nah I had already been helped... ( well kinda ) but a manager was the one that asked for what I needed a brochure for LMAO!

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 10-31-09 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-31-09 | 06:26 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Are you referring to the terra cotta interior that was available on the 2008 IS-F? The idea was a move in the right direction, but the execution looks like a half-assed quilt. Looks terrible in my opinion. Good luck on your purchase!

Javier
Thanks Javier... I'm going all black!
Old 10-31-09 | 06:32 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

WOW I'm no longer sending anyone....

Did you get a name?
Old 10-31-09 | 07:04 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Nah... I don't want to put in a complaint!
Old 10-31-09 | 08:15 AM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Yeah, I would do kbb.com or edmunds.com and do a dealer inquiry, punch in all your info and click the few nearest dealers to you and you will see the competition begin. lol
Old 10-31-09 | 08:19 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

i think terracota looks prim
i think it would look good in the blue leather too
blue on white with the alpine black back of the seats
oooo yea

Quick Reply: Ordering my IS-F