IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

trade in value for the F

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-09, 12:39 PM
"Lexappeal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
haha, I can never make up my mind, I can change my mind on a weekly basis, one week its a Mercedes E Class, next week its a Bmw M3, and then a Bmw 535, then a mitsubishi Evo Mr, then a Mazda 3 speed, I even thought of a Mugen Si before I picked up my F... lol. For this week its a Honda Odyssey Touring.... Lmao I was actually thinking about a Gs cause its so much bigger and more comfy. I love my F but I am sick of not being able to use my 400+hp in our wonderfully slow 55mph speed limit... Sometimes it makes me feel like this car is useless and nothing but trouble coming if I step on it. I live in Philly and recently it seems like everyday there is road construction on the highway and everyone is crawling at a wonderful 40mph and all 3 lanes of the highway is packed leaving me with my 400+hp Lexus with nowhere to go... Makes me wanna trade it in for something more big and comfy even if it means losing speed. Not like I need it anymore...
Let me know what you are looking to sell it for....Im in the market for one now actually.
Old 12-01-09, 08:04 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

KBB stands for Kelly Blue Bull*****

Dealers use GALVES, which is the most realistic value system for used cars. And auction prices are a close second. Thats REAL world values.

Think about it, why would they give you 47k-48k? Used 08's with 6500 miles are selling in that range, they cant make no $$???

Dealers shoot to make at least 5k on each used car they take in on trade. Remember that when trading anything in
Old 12-01-09, 08:09 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

KBB stands for Kelly Blue Bull*****

Dealers use GALVES, which is the most realistic value system for used cars. And auction prices are a close second. Thats REAL world values.

Think about it, why would they give you 47k-48k? Used 08's with 6500 miles are selling in that range, they cant make no $$???

Dealers shoot to make at least 5k on each used car they take in on trade. Remember that when trading anything in
Old 12-01-09, 11:22 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERVENOM
A better recovering economy? Do some reading of the facts instead of watching the evening news propaganda for the sheeples. Maybe then you'll have a more realistic perspective on what the trade in value is.
Yeah duh. Gold is over 1200 an ounce today and the central banks are taking everything that isn't nailed down fromt the tax payer to pay for the military industrial complex. I think we have a long fall before we see anything positive going on for the every day Joe. Remember your history.......Can you say Weimar Repulic!!!

Sorry for the long rant. You are lucky to get that much for your car, I think it is fair. Keep in mind the dealer needs to make 4 or 5 grand on the transaction to make it worth their while. You can get a brand new one for $56K or $57K, they do depreciate and they take their biggest hit in the first year. If you held it for another year, then you would only lose about 1/3 as much as you did in the first year.
Old 12-02-09, 07:04 AM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

Why does everyone say the dealer makes 4-5k on a used a car? In this economy, you take what you can take and you know its true, cause most dealers are willing to sell their brand new inventories for invoice or under invoice. Im in the auto business and Im not stupid, I know how it runs. Almost every dealer in the tri-state area uses Manheim nowadays for trade in value, I dont think its really fair to compare your well taken cared of car to a car that might be dinged up or scratched up or maybe even cigarette burns in the inside. The manheim reports only says 08 Isf with 7500 miles going for $42,000. They dont know if there is navi , ml, or parking sensor in that IsF. Yeah, a new IsF goes for $56-57k, an 08 should still go for around $44-49 depending on condition. I really think a fair trade in for the F is $38-46k depending on option, miles, condition.
Old 12-02-09, 09:49 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-Fly168
Why does everyone say the dealer makes 4-5k on a used a car? In this economy, you take what you can take and you know its true, cause most dealers are willing to sell their brand new inventories for invoice or under invoice. Im in the auto business and Im not stupid, I know how it runs. Almost every dealer in the tri-state area uses Manheim nowadays for trade in value, I dont think its really fair to compare your well taken cared of car to a car that might be dinged up or scratched up or maybe even cigarette burns in the inside. The manheim reports only says 08 Isf with 7500 miles going for $42,000. They dont know if there is navi , ml, or parking sensor in that IsF. Yeah, a new IsF goes for $56-57k, an 08 should still go for around $44-49 depending on condition. I really think a fair trade in for the F is $38-46k depending on option, miles, condition.

u hit the nail on the head!
what do u do at a dealer? i work in finance and i see small deals and big ones its all in the averages. i do know that some lexus dealers will average 4-5k but thats front and back. many are lucky to do 2500 front and back. it all depends on the age of the used inventory and the floor plan they have.